• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 minute ago, Ezra said:

This is not a matter of living in the past but rightly dividing the Word of Truth. The book of Daniel deals again and again with Babylon, Medo-Persia, Graeco-Macedonia, and Rome, and so does the history of the Mediterranean region.

Hi Ezra,

So glad you desire to `rightly divide the Word of Truth.` So let`s look at Daniel 7.

1. These beastly Federations `shall arise.` (v. 17) (thus future to Babylon) 

2. The last beastly Federation is dealt with by God before He sets up His kingdom on earth through Israel. (v.  11, 26 & 27)

3. The Lion & Eagle Federation are trampled by the last beastly Federation. (V. 7) Thus they are in the end times.

4. The Lion & Eagle Federation are given an extension of life, but not of rulership. (v. 12)

`As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season & a time.`

All contemporary,

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 9/24/2016 at 7:27 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

If this has been asked before I apologize, but does America appear anywhere in the prophecies about the end times?   I am by no means an expert on eschatology but it is my understanding that the US is not a part of what will be taking place, at least not in a major way. 

Is this accurate?

Thanks in advance

This is excerpted from a previous topic I posted, which now cannot be found in the Search files. It is only one line of evidence that shows that the Israelite tribes of Joseph were to receive their latter-day inheritance in America, "separate from his brothers" at "the ends of the earth" from the ancient land of Israel. Gen. 49:26, Deut. 33:17

Where is Joseph and His Land in the End Times?

1. Isaiah 17:1 The oracle/doom of Damascus. Behold, Damascus will cease from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. 2 The cities of Aroer [are] forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make [them] afraid. 3 The fortress/stronghold then/also shall cease from Ephraim, and dominion from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts. 4 And in that day it shall come to pass [that] the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean.

Where is, or will be, this “fortress/stronghold of Ephraim” (with lots of fat people) when Damascus is destroyed?  ...

Joseph-ology 201

A Patriarchal Prophecy of Joseph's Future

[In the following prophecy, the translations and especially the tenses of the verbs are faithful and literal to the biblical Hebrew. Explanations are noted only when most significant.]

Shortly after Jacob's blessing of Joseph's sons Ephraim and Manasseh with the birthright inheritance,

Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you [that] which shall befall you in the last days [b-acharith ha-yomim]. Gen. 49:1

Of Joseph he foretold,

22 Joseph is a fruitful son/bough, even a fruitful son/bough by a spring/fountain; whose daughters/branches ran/have run over the wall:

The doubly-fruitful birthright holder has born so many children that his descendants “ran/have run” over the wall” of the biblical Holy Land, and they are inhabiting other lands. [Qal Perfect verb tense: this is an already completed action in the last days.]

23 The archers/masters of arrows will have bitterly grieved him and will have shot him and will hate him:

In the last days, arrows are missiles. Besides Jacob here, these projectiles have been seen by Dimitri Dudeman, Henry Gruver, Sarah Menet, and many others. Missiles are aimed at a specific places, not at people that are scattered and dispersed. Therefore, Joseph's descendants in the last days must be primarily living together in groups: they are not merely dispersed among the nations.

24 But his bow shall remain/abide in strength, and the arms of his hands shall be refined (as gold)/made strong by the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob; (from thence will be shepherding the Stone of Israel): 25 From the God of thy father, who shall help thee;

The gathered descendants of Joseph, receiving Divine help, will prevail, being shepherded by the Stone of Israel. [“Shepherding:” Qal predicative active participle. “From thence:” mi-sham.]

and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee [with] blessings of heaven from above, blessings of depths lying beneath, blessings of breasts and of womb: 26 The blessings of thy father will have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors [?; lit. conceiving] unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be for the head of Joseph, and for the crown of the head of the separated/consecrated one of his brethren.

Awesome blessings are yet to come after the battle and deliverance of Joseph's people. [“For the head,” “for the crown:” the preposition l- is used, which means to or for, not on.]

To sum up: “In the last days,” Joseph's multiplied descendants, living together in some place or places, will be attacked by missiles and be grievously afflicted and hated, but they will prevail with Divine help. The Stone of Israel will personally shepherd his people of Joseph, who will thereafter be greatly exalted and blessed.

In the vision of George Washington at Valley Forge, he was shown that “hordes of armed men” will invade America and “devastate the whole country.” When “the inhabitants of America...[are] well-nigh overcome,” there will “descend from the heavens...legions of white spirits” who will join them, and they will then become victorious. “[T]he whole world united shall not prevail against her ['the Republic'],” which shall once again flourish.

The parallels between these two End Time visions are beyond coincidence. Also, the prophecy of Isaiah 17 (see the first paragraph of this article) about the fall of the “fortress of Ephraim” (:3), the desolation of his land (:9), Divine punishment followed by Divine intervention (:13), the latter causing the invaders to flee away “like a rolling thing before the whirlwind,” (:13) – this is another prophetic witness of these things. Washington saw “the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought...”

Some of you may be old enough to remember when this country was called “Fortress America.”

Watch therefore, and pray always, that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I think that America may be mentioned as one of the "young lions" in the book of Ezekiel. Otherwise I don't think America is mentioned at all. Unless you count the verse:

...Go, swift messengers,
to a people tall and smooth-skinned,
    to a people feared far and wide,
an aggressive nation of strange speech,
    whose land is divided by rivers.

Isaiah 18:2

But that is really just speculation.

Incidentally, in the book of Ezekiel 38:13, the young lions are referenced in connection with the merchants of Tarshish. Tarshish is probably Britain.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

`As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season & a time.`

All contemporary...

Marilyn,

I can only hope that after reading this thread, the only person with these confused and confusing conclusions is yourself.

Daniel 7:17 was predictive prophecy pertaining to four kings (or more precisely four empires) between 600 B.C. and 500 AD:

These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome.  Those FOUR empires have come and gone.  So why are you compounding confusion?

Verses 24 and 25 speak of Antichrist's future kingdom. See Revelation 13. Verses 26 and 27 speak of Christ's Kingdom - the Kingdom of God.

I am sorry to see that even after you are given Scripture which refutes your strange interpretations (just as bad as the false doctrine of British Israelism), you continue to promote your views and confuse those who may not know enough about these prophecies.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

America is not mentioned anywhere in Scripture outright.

However, I agree it is alluded to several times.

While commentators have long taught, as was I, that the four beasts of Daniel 7 are a 1:1 correlation to the four parts of Nebuchadnezzar's dream of a statue representing the Kingdoms of Man to the end of the Age of Man's rule ~ I note two important differences.

1. All four come out of the sea.  This alludes literally to the Mediterranean, and figuratively to Europe as a 'sea of peoples'.
  2. The first three survive the destruction of the fourth.  This is not the case with the first two Kingdoms of Daniel 2.

That second fact ought to eliminate an interpretation of Daniel 7's four beasts to ancient, long-dead empires, but belief can trump logic when it comes to interpreting Scripture.

The transformation of the first beast also marries well with the history of America's founding:

1. In the manner of the first beast, England was represented by the lion.  Wings can demonstrate its strength.  England was the predominant world power in the 18th century.
  2. When the colonists became organized, they found they could not affect the power they felt they had as English subjects; they were given no power in government.  Thus, their power was stripped.
  3. However, when they overcame the odds, and became independent, they 'stood up on their two legs' as a man, America being the First Nation of its type in the world, with hardly any other like it even today.  We do put humanitarianism first, even in war, and we have been a champion of human rights.

I put it to you, that the brief description in Daniel 7, succinctly describes the evolution of English people, to Colonists, to Americans.

I also think the reference in Isaiah 18 also describes America in a post-apocalypsistic world entering the Millennium.

Furthermore, in pursuing the Gulf Wars post 9-11, America has acted very Romanesque and sent out ships like the ones of Kittim in Daniel 11.

Finally, with our moral authority, we become the "mouthpiece" of the fourth terrible beast in Revelation 13:2.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 hour ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

America is not mentioned anywhere in Scripture outright.

However, I agree it is alluded to several times.

While commentators have long taught, as was I, that the four beasts of Daniel 7 are a 1:1 correlation to the four parts of Nebuchadnezzar's dream of a statue representing the Kingdoms of Man to the end of the Age of Man's rule ~ I note two important differences.

1. All four come out of the sea.  This alludes literally to the Mediterranean, and figuratively to Europe as a 'sea of peoples'.
  2. The first three survive the destruction of the fourth.  This is not the case with the first two Kingdoms of Daniel 2.

That second fact ought to eliminate an interpretation of Daniel 7's four beasts to ancient, long-dead empires, but belief can trump logic when it comes to interpreting Scripture.

The transformation of the first beast also marries well with the history of America's founding:

1. In the manner of the first beast, England was represented by the lion.  Wings can demonstrate its strength.  England was the predominant world power in the 18th century.
  2. When the colonists became organized, they found they could not affect the power they felt they had as English subjects; they were given no power in government.  Thus, their power was stripped.
  3. However, when they overcame the odds, and became independent, they 'stood up on their two legs' as a man, America being the First Nation of its type in the world, with hardly any other like it even today.  We do put humanitarianism first, even in war, and we have been a champion of human rights.

I put it to you, that the brief description in Daniel 7, succinctly describes the evolution of English people, to Colonists, to Americans.

I also think the reference in Isaiah 18 also describes America in a post-apocalypsistic world entering the Millennium.

Furthermore, in pursuing the Gulf Wars post 9-11, America has acted very Romanesque and sent out ships like the ones of Kittim in Daniel 11.

Finally, with our moral authority, we become the "mouthpiece" of the fourth terrible beast in Revelation 13:2.

Hi Marcus,

Great to see someone else who is not stuck in the false teaching of the old empires re Dan. 7. It is quite clear from scripture that those beastly Federations are contemporary to the time of the Lord`s return. Also they are the major `players` on the world stage, today, whom God is bringing to judgment. So, time will tell which view is correct (or not), & we wont have long to wait, I believe.

regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

On 9/25/2016 at 4:22 PM, Marcus O'Reillius said:

All four come out of the sea.  This alludes literally to the Mediterranean, and figuratively to Europe as a 'sea of peoples'.

Maybe.  Maybe not.  The sea can also be a reference to the abyss, a holding place of evil angels.

• Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names.
  • The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction.  Revelation 13:1, 17:8

Does Daniel 7 speak of historic kingdoms?  Yes.  Does Daniel 7 speak of end time activity?  Yes.  Angels are eternal beings.  They were active in the past influencing world affairs, and they will be / are active in these last days.

3 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.  The sea can also be a reference to the abyss, a holding place of evil angels.

• Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names.
  • The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction.  Revelation 13:1, 17:8

Does Daniel 7 speak of historic kingdoms?  Yes.  Does Daniel 7 speak of end time activity?  Yes.  Angels are eternal beings.  They were active in the past influencing world affairs, and they will be / are active in these last days.

Hi Last Daze,

The `beast coming out of the sea,` (Rev. 13: 1) is the Global Government, where as the `dragon` (Rev. 12: 3) is Satan.

Also the `heads,` speak of shared power, NOT kingdoms. As five have fallen etc that shows that they are consecutive, one leader after the other. Once we get this new central world bank, (IMF) operating as a bank, then, I believe we can count down the `heads` (leaders) of man`s final Global Government.

We shall see, ay. Marilyn.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

7 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Last Daze,

The `beast coming out of the sea,` (Rev. 13: 1) is the Global Government, where as the `dragon` (Rev. 12: 3) is Satan.

Also the `heads,` speak of shared power, NOT kingdoms. As five have fallen etc that shows that they are consecutive, one leader after the other. Once we get this new central world bank, (IMF) operating as a bank, then, I believe we can count down the `heads` (leaders) of man`s final Global Government.

We shall see, ay. Marilyn.

We shall.

2 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

We shall.

Hi Last Daze,

I do appreciate that you give room for what I say, & are not putting down.

Bless you bro, Marilyn.