IGNORED

Context: Do we ignore this completely, or should we perhaps at least consider it?

SHINY4UJESUS

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/05/1981

Jesus said that we should not judge by outward appearance, so why is it that so many are quick to simply take words only at face value rather than seek to understand the context in which things are said? Does this not promote a deceptive and limited view of truth? Truly we should endeavor to grasp the intention. context, and entire scope before we make a judgment and put the stamp of God upon it; should we not? Let us move forward in a Spirit of truth, rather than obstruct those truths we simply do not wish to accept. Let us not take a single verse out of context and use it as a lever to promote our own agenda or deceptive tradition; for these things are not conducive to progressing the gospel, nor bringing souls to a saving knowledge of Christ.  Remember, "ALL scripture is useful for teaching, preaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." Not simply one verse on its own, but " ALL scripture,". "Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman who needs not be  ashamed; rightly dividing the Word of Truth." Not simply swinging the sword for the fences in disregard of context and application.  Let us not be mere "hearers of the Word," who delude themselves; but let us seek the full truth that we may grow and develop the proper understanding as we pore through scripture; seeking His wisdom. Thx

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

3 hours ago, SHINY4UJESUS said:

Let us not be mere "hearers of the Word," who delude themselves; but let us seek the full truth that we may grow and develop the proper understanding as we pore through scripture; seeking His wisdom.

Your post is so illuminating.

I'm a christian-under-construction, not new to faith, but new to the understanding that faith is not so much about religion but a relationship with God. Your words that, 'we should endeavor to grasp the intention, context ....' is - although sometimes challenging - so profoundly true. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give me greater clarity and understanding as I read the bible.

Thx for your post Shiney4uJesus

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings SFUJESUS

It is a good message for all but it needs to be posted in the INNER COURT.....I believe it is an "ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE" Thread & worthy of discussion     So,once again ,,,,,this Forum is reserved for Seekers,Unbelievers & guests as they are restricted from the Inner Court & can only begin Threads here.......Please post accordingly so you will get the most traffic & many replies,here all replies require moderator approval & consume much of our time when it is not necessary...........Thank you & to God be the Glory                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

thx for the support and encouragement. We are all human and equally prone to error, including myself. I cannot claim to "always be right," or even always present things ideally. For example: by expounding scripture truthfully and with full context I somehow managed to offend those who seek to mislead and deceive using single verses as leverae to promote their own wicked and deceptive agenda..lol. So since the enemy foud offense to truth I am now being moderated again. In the future I guess I should be careful when I am offending satan for apparently this is wrong to do...

7 hours ago, SHINY4UJESUS said:

Jesus said that we should not judge by outward appearance, so why is it that so many are quick to simply take words only at face value rather than seek to understand the context in which things are said? Does this not promote a deceptive and limited view of truth? Truly we should endeavor to grasp the intention. context, and entire scope before we make a judgment and put the stamp of God upon it; should we not? Let us move forward in a Spirit of truth, rather than obstruct those truths we simply do not wish to accept. Let us not take a single verse out of context and use it as a lever to promote our own agenda or deceptive tradition; for these things are not conducive to progressing the gospel, nor bringing souls to a saving knowledge of Christ.  Remember, "ALL scripture is useful for teaching, preaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." Not simply one verse on its own, but " ALL scripture,". "Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman who needs not be  ashamed; rightly dividing the Word of Truth." Not simply swinging the sword for the fences in disregard of context and application.  Let us not be mere "hearers of the Word," who delude themselves; but let us seek the full truth that we may grow and develop the proper understanding as we pore through scripture; seeking His wisdom. Thx

The passage Jesus said that in, is located in John chapter 7:

"But when it was now the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and began to teach. The Jews then were astonished, saying, “How has this man become learned, having never been educated?” So Jesus answered them and said, “My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me. If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself. He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.  Did not Moses give you the Law, and yet none of you carries out the Law? Why do you seek to kill Me?” The crowd answered, “You have a demon! Who seeks to kill You?” Jesus answered them, “I did one deed, and you all marvel. For this reason Moses has given you circumcision (not because it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and on the Sabbath you circumcise a man. If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made an entire man well on the Sabbath? Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” So some of the people of Jerusalem were saying, “Is this not the man whom they are seeking to kill? Look, He is speaking publicly, and they are saying nothing to Him. The rulers do not really know that this is the Christ, do they? However, we know where this man is from; but whenever the Christ may come, no one knows where He is from.” Then Jesus cried out in the temple, teaching and saying, “You both know Me and know where I am from; and I have not come of Myself, but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know. I know Him, because I am from Him, and He sent Me.” So they were seeking to seize Him; and no man laid his hand on Him, because His hour had not yet come. But many of the crowd believed in Him; and they were saying, “When the Christ comes, He will not perform more signs than those which this man has, will He?” (John 7:14-31, NASB, emphasis mine)

There were folks who were upset that Jesus had healed on the Sabbath (Jesus did this more than once), and were convinced that He had broken the Mosaic law concerning working on the Sabbath. Jesus' point here was that while it may have appeared to them that He had transgressed, nowhere in Mosaic law did it forbid doing the work of God on the Sabbath, such as circumcising someone or healing another. Jesus was pointing out the hypocrisy of those who sought to kill Him for violating what they thought was the Law.

well said. that is my point exactly. all too often, especially on this site; many of the tenured members seem to lean on single verses as excuse to lean on deception, that they may instead judge quickly and harshly when others have the spiritual leadin to speak truth. Rather than face accountability and truth; many simply use the sword of truth to "force," others to believe the same flawed perspectives they do. Rashly judging by appearance; there is a general disregard of context, scriptural integrity and divine revelation. Truly in this age have we reverted to the pharisaic behavior and philosophies Christ repeatedly combatted in His time. For instance: when I pointed out that the prophets throughout the old testament also encountered such quick and harsh judgment based on the appearance and were mostly written off as though they were the enemy of God. in response, several tenured members asserted I was claiming to be a prophet. In complete disregard of the context of what was said; they passed condemnation, made accusation and put implication that simply wasn't there as opposed to simply grasping the illustrative purpose and context. This has been a consistent and tragic approach unfortunately by those who should be promoting truth and leading by example. The saddest part is that newer follks here will see that as license to follow such a pattern of bitterness and hateful condemnation rather than promoting a desire to di deeper, see the full context, and comprehend the full truth of a matter. Many are called but few are chosen for this reason specifically; as many would elevate self above others in an attempt to gain control and the image of authority. Let us simply be faithful and dedicated to being salt and light, holding judment til we have actually tried the spirit against the ruler of God's word IN ENTIRETY, and seeking to promote truth and grace in place of the hasty condemnation so casually thrust

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

Correct posting of Scripture here on Worthy is important. Good hermeneutics and reading scripture literally. We see so much false teaching and false doctrine on Worthy. People want to give scripture their own meaning and spiritualize scripture. That is not what God intended for His Word.

I agree that we have many new Christians on Worthy and we do not want them to stumble and fall on some of this false teaching.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,822
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, SHINY4UJESUS said:

well said. that is my point exactly. all too often, especially on this site; many of the tenured members seem to lean on single verses as excuse to lean on deception, that they may instead judge quickly and harshly when others have the spiritual leadin to speak truth. Rather than face accountability and truth; many simply use the sword of truth to "force," others to believe the same flawed perspectives they do. Rashly judging by appearance; there is a general disregard of context, scriptural integrity and divine revelation. Truly in this age have we reverted to the pharisaic behavior and philosophies Christ repeatedly combatted in His time. For instance: when I pointed out that the prophets throughout the old testament also encountered such quick and harsh judgment based on the appearance and were mostly written off as though they were the enemy of God. in response, several tenured members asserted I was claiming to be a prophet. In complete disregard of the context of what was said; they passed condemnation, made accusation and put implication that simply wasn't there as opposed to simply grasping the illustrative purpose and context. This has been a consistent and tragic approach unfortunately by those who should be promoting truth and leading by example. The saddest part is that newer follks here will see that as license to follow such a pattern of bitterness and hateful condemnation rather than promoting a desire to di deeper, see the full context, and comprehend the full truth of a matter. Many are called but few are chosen for this reason specifically; as many would elevate self above others in an attempt to gain control and the image of authority. Let us simply be faithful and dedicated to being salt and light, holding judment til we have actually tried the spirit against the ruler of God's word IN ENTIRETY, and seeking to promote truth and grace in place of the hasty condemnation so casually thrust

You are very smart for these forums. 

4 hours ago, SHINY4UJESUS said:

I'm happy you agree; that said, I do think the next time you reference Scripture, you may want to quote it in it's entirety instead of one snippet or so.

thank you all for your feedback folks! I appreciate your constructive criticisms and encouragement both! Thank you for breaking the mold and cycle that seemed to be otherwise asserting itself. BTW KWIK, this was posted here because several "tenured " folks here added my failure to post significantly here as one excuse to belittle and present deceptive ideology as well as condemnation towards me. Since it seemed such an issue to them it seemed prudent to post here; simply to remove one occasion for stumbling from their path. Unfortunately it would seem that each time i do as they expect of me; there is just a new reason to bash and belittle. I think maybe ADMIN would be wise to consult these individuals and redirect them as to the proper type of attitudes and approaches. These things set a terrible example for newer members to follow. I think for a time I will simply stop posting or commenting at all. It is disheartening and disrespectful for lofty minded folks to perpetuate this condemning attitude and deceptive ideology; and apparently I am their preferred target...having been told several times i am "satan,"  speaking unbiblical doctrine and "putting myself on a pedestal." Rather than give them more fuel I will simply delete this acct and find a more Christian and biblical environment. God Bless.