IGNORED

walmart employees refuse to make a cake for cop

ayin jade

19 hours ago, Redemption79 said:

given what has been happening lately, I guess I can understand why the feeling is a bit raw right now

it is still unacceptable to refuse to do the job one gets paid for

but hey, lets look at the bright side, they could have accepted the job and spit in the cake, right?

but if it were me, i won't want to do it either, especially after the Betty Shelby incident, it just MADE ME SO ANGRY!

it seems to me that the fact so many cops have gotten away with gunning down innocents, some of them just power tripping now, that Shelby woman seems to shot the guy simply because he won't listen to her

I hope she gets the maximum penalty of LIFE.

When we paint with the broadest brush, those strokes obscure both fine and gross, depraved and desirable. None are spared, all are obliterated in one sweep of impassioned, misdirected wrath and vindictiveness. If we are going to blame all police for the actions of a comparative few, then we are in essence throwing those who seek to do a good job into the court of unilateral judgment along with those who should not be in law enforcement. Were that done to you, your outrage would be unspeakable and you would rail against such treatment, proclaiming your innocence and how you were "not part of those that did this". I also suspect that you would be fighting very hard against those that would do this as well, attempting to stem the tide of impropriety in law enforcement.

With that in mind: we should give that benefit of the doubt to the majority of law enforcement and not relegate them as being like those who bring shame to the badge. Let us not lump together the just with the unjust. The police need our support and backing now more than ever; without them, our nation would suddenly and voraciously become a "no-man's land" of crime and hyper-violence as it disintegrated under one massive continental riot.

Edited by RobertS

I never said there wasn't a problem with police brutality, nor was I not trying to "shut down"anything, and would greatly appreciate it if you did not accuse me of doing so. You really need to learn the difference between "shutting down a conversation" and disagreement with a point of view. If you're going to try to use a verbal "baseball bat" in order to push your view in this, then there is no conversation to be had. Just because you are angry does not necessarily mean you are right, nor does it entitle you to act out that anger on someone who does not share your point of view.

I had also said in my post " I also suspect that you would be fighting very hard against those that would do this as well, attempting to stem the tide of impropriety in law enforcement." I see now that you choose to ignore any positive comments made in favor of singling out and magnifying the negative. With that in mind, any "currency" you had with me is now gone.

Do not bother replying to any of my posts; you are on ignore..

Guest shiloh357
27 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

may I ask where you get the 99.9& stats from?

because it is DEFINITELY not 99.9%!

the point is that it is really not an epidemic.   The media is the in tank for gun control and so they only report police events that fit a particular narrative.   More whites are killed by police than blacks.   But only black victims are reported on the news.   They are playing you like fiddle. 

If people would do what the police tell them to do, they would not get shot.  If the police tell you to put your hands up, don't put your hands in your pockets.   There are so many idiots who do stuff like that and they rightfully get shot.   A police officer has to make split second decisions and they cannot afford to take the chance that a suspect is pulling a wallet his pocket.   Do what the police say and you won't get shot.  Keep your hands where they can see them. 

It really is that simple.   The African American community has really bad leadership in men like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.  Both are just hustlers, anyway.  They don't care about other African Americans.  They need the African Americans to continue to be victims.   That's the only reason that Sharpton and Jackson have jobs.    If African Americans ever realized just how they have been played by Sharpton and Jackson, those men would be on trial and in jail for crimes against humanity because of all the blood that is their hands.

Look at all of the senseless damage that was done in Charlotte.    How many businesses were destroyed and looted.  Those business owners have nothing to do with the police shootings.  Why should they have to file bankruptcy because of looters?   And now there may be African Americans are out of jobs  because of the looting.   70% of the people arrested, according to police, had out-of-state drivers licenses.  They were paid rioters, paid by George Soros and company  just like rioters in Baltimore, and Ferguson. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

59 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

I said so many cops, not all cops.

I am sick and tire of hearing people say "oh, don't paint all cops as bad, that is wrong, most of them are honourable and oh so pure!"  as a way of shutting down the conversation there is a real problem with police brutality, but more important, few gets persecuted for them, hence lead to this woman Shelby, who probably thought she could get away with it.

anyway, mine understanding is African Americans have a different experiences all together.

yes, some cops are great, I take mine hats off for them

but the point here is there HAS TO BE A SYSTEM OF ACCOUNTABLITY FOR POLICE WHO ABUSE THE RULES.

and keep using the argument "not all cops are bad" to shut down the conversation is not acceptable.

THERE IS A SYSTEM OF ACCOUNTABILITY FOR POLICE WHO ABUSE THE RULES.  It is called the legal system, you know courts and that sort of thing.  It is much more effective than looting and burning and shooting innocent bystanders. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Redemption79 said:

I am sick and tire of hearing people say "oh, don't paint all cops as bad, that is wrong, most of them are honourable and oh so pure!"  as a way of shutting down the conversation there is a real problem with police brutality, but more important, few gets persecuted for them, hence lead to this woman Shelby, who probably thought she could get away with it.

anyway, mine understanding is African Americans have a different experiences all together.

but the point here is there HAS TO BE A SYSTEM OF ACCOUNTABLITY FOR POLICE WHO ABUSE THE RULES.

and keep using the argument "not all cops are bad" to shut down the conversation is not acceptable.

My husband is a minority and he looks about as seedy as one can look. He has never once had any problems with cops. 

19 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

so how many cops who shooting innocent victims were indicted, much less convicted?

How many so called innocent victims were really innocent?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

2 hours ago, Redemption79 said:

i no longer wish to engage in this debate

I don't think this thread was supposed to be a debate. It started out find.   :huh:

Edited by tigger398

Guest shiloh357
On 9/26/2016 at 6:37 PM, Redemption79 said:

You're trying to make it appear that the majority of cops are bad, and it is not the case.  No one is attempting to shut down the conversation.  The problem is you can't defend your bigotry against law enforcement.

Police brutality is a problem and it needs to be handled on a case-by-case basis, not by smearing law enforcement and creating an environment of hostility against law enforcement. 

African Americans in this country are raised with a victim mentality, as if everyone is out to get them.  I have experienced that first hand in the retail community.  They come into the store with a chip on their shoulder thinking that white people are just there to cheat them.   You have people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and the racist Black Lives Matter movement to thank for that.

Police are held accountable for wrong doing on a regular basis. 

Guest shiloh357