LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Okay, it seems I upset some people by pointing out that I think that some of the things posted on here are nutty. First off you need to know that whenever I post anything I do mean well. With that said I will try to explain myself in defense of  myself. Without naming any names or recalling any post; every once in a while someone will say stuff in a post and I really do think that what they are saying is, well , nutty. :o  Most of the time I will just ignore such post. But every once in a while someone post something that I really feel that if an unregistered guest happens to be reading this; they are going to think that we all think this way. So I feel I need to let who ever maybe passing through wondering what we are all about know that we don't all think like this person does. Also if someone post something giving out what I feel is really bad advice that could be damaging,  I should step in.  But you all know from my post and replies that I do not regularly   call anybody on here nutty.  With that said, I will try very hard to refrain from using the word "nutty" when I respond to a post. (though I may think it)  Also anyone on here please feel free to point out to me if I ever post anything that you think is nutty. :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

That's nuttier than an outhouse squirrel at a peanut factory!!  (joking)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I see what your saying, and understand it, but on the other hand, you really shouldn't refer to people as "nutty" because it does upset people, and if they are upset, the message your trying to convey, will be lost. And If your message is lost, because they are offended, then your post and opinion become pretty much, well meaningless. It might be spot on accurate, but it will be meaningless because no one will see it.

My dad always tells me "it's not what you say, its how you say it" and that's even more important on a internet forum such as this, because so much of communication is done via body language and voice tone-two things that are hard to convey via text. We as Christians, are called to speak the truth through love. And I'm not trying to sound perfect, I struggle very hard with this, usually I have to suppress the urge to say "your an idiot" several times a day-both online, and in real life. In most cases, it would be accurate, but not loving. Which is why I'm on board with Worthy's TOS and how they are doing stuff now, by saying "that's nutty" its making the post personal, which then leads to insults and a hostile atmosphere, not a loving one. We need to debate the subject, not the person, and we need to do so in love.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

15 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Okay, it seems I upset some people by pointing out that I think that some of the things posted on here are nutty. First off you need to know that whenever I post anything I do mean well. With that said I will try to explain myself in defense of  myself. Without naming any names or recalling any post; every once in a while someone will say stuff in a post and I really do think that what they are saying is, well , nutty. :o  Most of the time I will just ignore such post. But every once in a while someone post something that I really feel that if an unregistered guest happens to be reading this; they are going to think that we all think this way. So I feel I need to let who ever maybe passing through wondering what we are all about know that we don't all think like this person does. Also if someone post something giving out what I feel is really bad advice that could be damaging,  I should step in.  But you all know from my post and replies that I do not regularly   call anybody on here nutty.  With that said, I will try very hard to refrain from using the word "nutty" when I respond to a post. (though I may think it)  Also anyone on here please feel free to point out to me if I ever post anything that you think is nutty. :emot-handshake:

Well, it was not well said LadyKay. If you did not think the words or post were appropriate you could have used a less offensive word. Maybe something that can reflect on your feelings as a Child of Christ.

Wow. I really in all honesty did not think "nutty" was such an offensive word.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,024
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I take it very seriously!
squirrel facing 255.jpgbut then again :whistling: 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Wow. I really in all honesty did not think "nutty" was such an offensive word.

We all say things that we may not consider offensive, that others do. We all come from different areas, backgrounds, cultures, etc.  

I've had go dial back a lot of my slang for this reason, as well as the way I approach. I live in a blue collar town...people here are very direct, speak their mind, and what many consider rude. 

For example, I was working on my truck, I had ordered the wrong part out of ignorance, and one of my buddies saw it, and the first thing out of his mouth was "that better not be what I think it is you dumb idiot, I ought to beat you with it"  now, he wasn't actually calling me a idiot or whatever, it was all a friendly exchange, no feelings were hurt. But, if I got on here, and said that very same thing, to someone with the same intent, someone's feelings would get hurt. And for what? 

Fact of the matter is, if you didn't mean any offense by it, then you shouldn't have any problem at all rewording it in the future. After all, if your goal isn't to hurt feelings, then it shouldn't be any problem to word your sentences different in the future to something that people won't be offended by.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

Apparently I am not the only one who found the attitude and speech not appropriate. This is from Hippie

"Regardless of how we may view things, others may not see things as we do.  It's up to us here to teach and learn, help others and provide truth.  Telling someone their post is nuts, is not Christian of us nor does it encourage someone to see things differently."

God Bless,

Hip

Guest bonnieschamberger

I understand what you are trying to say ladykay..and no I dont feel its that offensive of a word and no you did not call anyone nutty you said you thought some posts were.I totally get what you are saying and you are just as free as anyone else here to say whats on your mind .

This whole thing reminds me of the back lash I got over using this emoji :30:   Someone got offended and I wrote about a half a dozen post explaining that the reason for me posting that emoji was that I thought it was rather cute, and I had no ideal that anyone would be offending by it. But it did no good and the person just kept on being offended. Sometime I feel when I am on here I have to watch every little word I type or emoji I use. No matter how careful I do that I end typing something that someone is offended by and I have to make all these "I'm sorry you got upset post".  Really sometimes it is just too much stress worrying that I am going to offend someone here. For that reason I am gong to take a leave for a time and work out if I am really doing anything good here or not.