• Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Our freedom lies in God and a yielded s/Spirit will yield this

Colossians 4:6 (KJV)

[6] Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Titus 2:7 (KJV)

[7] In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

[8] Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

When we are broken because we are not what we desire to be in God's use-> self is most dead..... Love, Steven

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Okay, it seems I upset some people....
by pointing out that I think that some of the things posted on here are nutty.....

:24::24::24:

Beloved, I Love Nutty

All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15

Like A Peanut Nested In It's Shell,  I Fit Right In

Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works. Ecclesiastes 9:7

:)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

You know I really fail to see your issue here. You made a comment, with no intent to offend, yet it it did. A servant-a member of this ministry team-asked you very nicely, not to use that term again. No disciplinary action was taken against you. No one insulted or berated you for it. Just asked you not to use it again. Not a big deal, common sense says you just phrase it differently next time, or on hippie and work it out one on one like the Bible States 

Yet, you have decided to get all bent out of shape and make a mountain out of a mole hill, and start a big thread on it. I think it's time to just let it go, if you truly meant no harm by it then you should have no problem with that. There are better things to get worked up about then a single word which won't hurt you any to not use.

So, here is me following my own advice and signing off from this thread. God bless.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:51 PM, missmuffet said:

Apparently I am not the only one who found the attitude and speech not appropriate. This is from Hippie

"Regardless of how we may view things, others may not see things as we do.  It's up to us here to teach and learn, help others and provide truth.  Telling someone their post is nuts, is not Christian of us nor does it encourage someone to see things differently."

God Bless,

Hip

It is obvious this is a carry over from another topic.  I don't think the issue is the word "nutty."  That is a pretty harmless word, but if you are using it to suggest someone else is crazy, which is what it sounds like, it might offend some people.  For Hippie to get involved, I would think someone had to have reported her comments, he looked into it, decided it wasn't the best choice of words, and rendered his verdict.  I don't take it that Hippie is banning the word "nutty," as much as he is saying not to insult others by name calling.  Lady Kay said she will try not to do it again, so now that we know her intentions and that she will try to do better, maybe we should just move on. 

If there is anything in this thread that I would have problems with, it is the fact that the charge that someone was making "nutty" comments was repeated in a underhanded sort of way.  We were told why she felt the need to attack the comments as nutty, and that even though she won't be repeating those words again, she will still be thinking it.  It is kind of a back door insult.  All I would say to Lady Kay is live and learn.  We all say things we shouldn't at times.  You aren't the first, and you won't be the last, and Hippie was pretty tactful in his reply, so try not to take it too personal, and don't feel like you have to take the burden of protecting visitors on yourself.  It should be obvious that everyone here speaks for one person, themselves.  There is much diversity of thought.