IGNORED

Is there anything you miss about pre-internet days?

HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Or...

may be you're not old enough really to compare, so for you guys, what excites you about todays technology and what the future may hold?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

I miss having more bookstores.

I miss when fiction was better written before the internet and ebooks became popular.

I miss being able to walk better but that isnt related to the internet lol. I didnt have arthritis back then.

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Oh yes!?

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I miss when fiction was better written before the internet and ebooks became popular.

I miss being able to walk better but that isnt related to the internet lol. I didnt have arthritis back then.

? That's sad AJ.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

9 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Or...

may be you're not old enough really to compare, so for you guys, what excites you about todays technology and what the future may hold?

I am from wayyyy before all the technology started. I am not an advocate for cell phones. I like them for emergencies only. I really have been forced to get a computer. Because the world is just going to pass you by and tromp on you without one. When my kids were in grade school their teachers told them that if they did not do their papers on a computer they would not get as good of grade. So we invested in one.Many have lost their jobs due to computers. There is some good in technology some bad.  I think when I was going up in the 50's and 60's life was so much more simple.

I dislike how I check the world news so often on my mob phone - however, that's a me thing I need to control!

I DO love the quality of pics on a mob phone camera - pretty amazing.

Edited by HisFirst

13 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I get all my books at the library. And I get a lot of them . I am an avid reader. Ouch! I just have a very small taste of arthritis. It is very painful.

Guest bonnieschamberger

oh man everything...I dont like cellphones either..my phone only has talk minutes and still my best friend bean is the only one that can get me to talk on it for any length of time...I dont like having a phone but I know its good to have for emergencies..well and ordering pizza lol

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am from wayyyy before all the technology started. I am not an advocate for cell phones. I like them for emergencies only. I really have been forced to get a computer. Because the world is just going to pass you by and tromp on you without one. When my kids were in grade school their teachers told them that if they did not do their papers on a computer they would not get as good of grade. So we invested in one.Many have lost their jobs due to computers. There is some good in technology some bad.  I think when I was going up in the 50's and 60's life was so much more simple.

That is so true about school work and technology - a must have. You were good mum for getting your kids a computer ? 

The 50's/60's just like another lifetime ago - the pace, the social structure, relationships between people...

Just now, HisFirst said:

That is so true about school work and technology - a must have. You were good mum for getting your kids a computer ? 

The 50's/60's just like another lifetime ago - the pace, the social structure, relationships between people...

Yes, good times. Although we did not have the medical technology and meds back then that saves lives today. And I must ad that I love my new washing machine that is computerized :D

37 minutes ago, bonnieschamberger said:

oh man everything...I dont like cellphones either..my phone only has talk minutes and still my best friend bean is the only one that can get me to talk on it for any length of time...I dont like having a phone but I know its good to have for emergencies..well and ordering pizza lol

I hear you!!?