IGNORED

Is there anything you miss about pre-internet days?

HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

35 minutes ago, emdie said:

True, but as I have insulin dependent type 1 diabetes and other health problems I admit I feel safer with it. 

Yes, when I leave the house I carry my phone with me and turn it on. I am in a disability situation where I need to be available at all times.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, when I leave the house I carry my phone with me and turn it on. I am in a disability situation where I need to be available at all times.

I wouldn't have to try and turn it on during a hypo/seizure for instance, as I just sit there giggling until I pass out. It'd be funny to watch I imagine, if it ween't so serious :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

About missing things....  at my age, how about no air conditioning and indoor toilets.  Indoor running water.  Drawing water out of a well in 20 degree weather... oh yeah one could miss that forever LoL. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

ignorance is bliss. The internet destroyed all that.

I believe the contrary,I think it breeds ignorance    This internet generation cannot even give change at the cash register if the screen doesn't show them how much  & pray tell,don't hand them 3 cents if the screen tells them to give you $2.52 cents!!!!!! LOL    

The kid upstairs from me lost her cell phone & was locked out of her house,she didn't know how to "Look up" her friends workplace in a Phone Directory,most everyone I talk to thinks 'google" is a credible SOURCE of "knowledge",,,,,,,,               Yikes!!!!!

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

I believe the contrary,I think it breeds ignorance    This internet generation cannot even give change at the cash register if the screen doesn't show them how much  & pray tell,don't hand them 3 cents if the screen tells them to give you $2.52 cents!!!!!! LOL    

The kid upstairs from me lost her cell phone & was locked out of her house,she didn't know how to "Look up" her friends workplace in a Phone Directory,most everyone I talk to thinks 'google" is a credible SOURCE of "knowledge",,,,,,,,               Yikes!!!!!

Google can lead you to credible sources of knowledge.      As far is making change, that isn't the Internet's fault it's school curriculum problem.    We are teaching out kids how to learn, but not critical thinking......   that way they can shove into the heads of the young whatever they wish......    making people dependent is the progressives way of control and it shows in just about every part of lives.

The internet is simply a tool.....   and it can be used for just about anything.....    the progressive movement has used technology to enslave people again out of our own ignorance.......     I have taught many many people at cash registers how to make change an not even use subtraction....    and they are amazed about how simple it is and how quickly it can be learned....    then you can explain to them how they have been mislead about many things and introduce them to reading for themselves.   And so far it's worked in about half the cases I could keep up with.

The internet is a super tool.    And we are not better off nor worse off for it's existance......    we can not really know in what directions the progressives would have gone without it.....   and at least so far they can't control the internet......   in libraries they had librarians that picked the books available for people to read....    total control for poorer people who could not afford to buy them..

Amazon has so many books for Kindle users that are completely free that they haven't numbered them.   I've seen other sites with a million or more books that are available.    Many history books that I can't find in any library that you can check out and take home......    who has time to research things inside the library today.

The internet let me very quickly plan and make reservations and pay for a month long vacation and never leave my desk.    Prior I would have to have purchased maps and manually planned routes then called and paid long distance phone charges to call  the places we are staying for they are almost always full when you get there...

The internet isn't what's wrong with our younger people, political groups are....    and they want us all either dead or surfs to the special ones....   and they seem to be progressing right along in getting thier way.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

There was a time when we memorized God's Word so that recalling it was done from memory rather than tapping in a reference into Google or our electronic bibles. :(

that may be true to a point, but for almost everyone I know, they only memorized the parts that struck them as important...   and kind of neglected   much of the rest when forming ideas of what the Bible says about some subject.   

Many many people I know just don't have the memory capabilities to do much of that.

Before those electronic days research was usually done with a concordance and was much more time consuming than my electronic Bible.....   I can do many many times the research projects that I could do with hard copy.....    and if one spends time in the word just to read, one gets the same information, just not exactly where it's located.     Days gone by I have read the entire Bible taking notes to prove a side in a debate with a good friend.....     very time consuming...

Works better to listen to the Bible in all spare time (especially driving) just go know what information is there.    After you have heard it about a hundred times, all kinds of things pop up that it would take much too much time to look up hard copy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

I miss being able to read the Strong's Concordance without needing glasses!

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

There was a time when we memorized God's Word so that recalling it was done from memory rather than tapping in a reference into Google or our electronic bibles. :(

? memory - a not often used function. 

I am so thankful I am in the era of photos - baby photos of my kids etc.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Snow said:

I miss being able to read the Strong's Concordance without needing glasses!

Lol!!