IGNORED

Is there anything you miss about pre-internet days?

HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, good times. Although we did not have the medical technology and meds back then that saves lives today. And I must ad that I love my new washing machine that is computerized :D

True MM about the medicals and washing machines?

Dare I say it - when I was a little girl we had one of those barrel washing machines that had squeezing rollers attached to the side...one day a pair of blue jeans went through and unfortunately a green tree frog was inside the jeans...it came out flat poor thing?

Edited by HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

I am not sure I miss anything from pre-internet days.   My career required me to stay on top of the latest gadgets and programs or risk being replaced so I always embraced the new technology.  Now day's I love my smartphone, I use it more than I have ever used any tool.  I get news updates, stock updates, family updates via Facebook, and I play games on it.  My house is now a "smart" house and I can control almost ever aspect of it from my smartphone.   Security system, AC/Heat/lights/garage door/ and more.  Travelling has never been easier, can take detours anytime you feel like it and your GPS will always get you back on the right road eventually.  

12 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I am not sure I miss anything from pre-internet days.   My career required me to stay on top of the latest gadgets and programs or risk being replaced so I always embraced the new technology.  Now day's I love my smartphone, I use it more than I have ever used any tool.  I get news updates, stock updates, family updates via Facebook, and I play games on it.  My house is now a "smart" house and I can control almost ever aspect of it from my smartphone.   Security system, AC/Heat/lights/garage door/ and more.  Travelling has never been easier, can take detours anytime you feel like it and your GPS will always get you back on the right road eventually.  

Oh my goodness! I need a Panadol and a lie down!!

I miss having a good rock as a multi-purpose tool and hunting mastodons.

I enjoy not having to rub two sticks together in order to light a fire.

After the next big solar flare, I look forward to finding good rocks again

and hope that I have enough lighters left over... not sure if I'll go hunting again.

6 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I miss having a good rock as a multi-purpose tool and hunting mastodons.

I enjoy not having to rub two sticks together in order to light a fire.

After the next big solar flare, I look forward to finding good rocks again

and hope that I have enough lighters left over... not sure if I'll go hunting again.

So I gather technology really has you buzzing!??

14 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

So I gather technology really has you buzzing!??

I guess my point was that I've never been much of a "technophile". While I do enjoy computers

and the internet, I've received most of my education from books... and then from authors who

were well-regarded in their field of study. So I miss finding reliable information easily as opposed

to sifting through internet blogs and summaries of ideas garnered from a host of unsubstantiated

sources. This "wealth" of info at our fingertips isn't so good I think.

I do like gaming and coming to social sites like Worthy... interacting with people that I would never meet

if not for this trans-global medium. Gaming is more entertaining to many shows on TV. But other than that

I don't use the computer for much else... occasionally a word-processor for report writing, which I don't do

much anymore.

Other technologies like microwave ovens and flat screen TVs have their place but I think that I could live a

happy and productive life with any of these things. Smart phones are over my head and I still carry an old

style flip-phone. HaHa.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I definitely love The Lord ... and it is His wish into reality that knowledge would increase at a certain time! Dan 12:4 As always with the things of The Lord they can be used for His Glory or be thrown away to the emptiness of the valueless void of godlessness! The graphic art media and teaching God's Word to children is a plus plus plus to keeping their attentiveness to the topic at hand and I regularly thank The Lord for this He has done... Love, Steven

5 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I guess my point was that I've never been much of a "technophile". While I do enjoy computers

and the internet, I've received most of my education from books... and then from authors who

were well-regarded in their field of study. So I miss finding reliable information easily as opposed

to sifting through internet blogs and summaries of ideas garnered from a host of unsubstantiated

sources. This "wealth" of info at our fingertips isn't so good I think.

I do like gaming and coming to social sites like Worthy... interacting with people that I would never meet

if not for this trans-global medium. Gaming is more entertaining to many shows on TV. But other than that

I don't use the computer for much else... occasionally a word-processor for report writing, which I don't do

much anymore.

Other technologies like microwave ovens and flat screen TVs have their place but I think that I could live a

happy and productive life with any of these things. Smart phones are over my head and I still carry an old

style flip-phone. HaHa.

Oh I so missed your point ha ha!! 

Now that's pretty primitive-the flip phone, come on - move on plz!?

Books, you can't beat them, I mean you can literally have a book you love - have an emotional attachment to, which include the covers and all that's in between those covers.

It is a different experience researching from book to book, rather than clicking through info on a screen. There are those primary kids now who can't fathom flipping through pages - you need patience, and whose got that (or needs it) when info is literally a click away..?

14 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I definitely love The Lord ... and it is His wish into reality that knowledge would increase at a certain time! Dan 12:4 As always with the things of The Lord they can be used for His Glory or be thrown away to the emptiness of the valueless void of godlessness! The graphic art media and teaching God's Word to children is a plus plus plus to keeping their attentiveness to the topic at hand and I regularly thank The Lord for this He has done... Love, Steven

So that explains your DP!?

Definitley can use high tech graphic art for His glory. A lot of tech savvy young Christians out there?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

I don't remember preinternet days