IGNORED

Is there anything you miss about pre-internet days?

HisFirst

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,805
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

So that explains your DP!?

1 minute ago, Logan said:

I don't remember preinternet days   got milk :24: 

Definitley can use high tech graphic art for His glory. A lot of tech savvy young Christians out there?

Due to my aged self ... it becomes more difficult to advance in the techno due to the disfunctioning grey matter :24: 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Logan said:

I don't remember preinternet days

I'm sincere when I say. - that's sad...imo. For you, no big deal though because there's nothing to compare it to and I have just recognised right now that people who can remember are in a quite privileged position - I guess a little bit like pre-industrial revolution and post. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I am not sure I miss anything from per-internet days.   My career required me to stay on top of the latest gadgets and programs or risk being replaced so I always embraced the new technology.  Now day's I love my smartphone, I use it more than I have ever used any tool.  I get news updates, stock updates, family updates via Facebook, and I play games on it.  My house is now a "smart" house and I can control almost ever aspect of it from my smartphone.   Security system, AC/Heat/lights/garage door/ and more.  Traveling has never been easier, can take detours anytime you feel like it and your GPS will always get you back on the right road eventually.  

:thumbsup:

I Miss 17 Cents A Gallon Gas
And Those Monthly $6.50 Communication Fees
And Black Bakelite Telephones (Did You Know They Made Great Weapons~!)
And Cars, Houses, Bank Accounts And Armed Forces That Remained Unhackable (Crowbars, Guns And Cannons Not Withstanding)

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalms 18:2

Well, At Least
My Unhackable Security System
Is Older Than The
Cosmos

To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. Psalms 92:15

:)

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,805
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

:thumbsup:

I Miss 17 Cents A Gallon Gas
And Those Monthly $6.50 Communication Fees
And Black Bakelite Telephones (Did You Know They Made Great Weapons~!)
And Cars, Houses, Bank Accounts And Armed Forces That Remained Unhackable (Crowbars, Guns And Cannons Not Withstanding)

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalms 18:2

Well, At Least
My Unhackable Security System
Is Older Than The
Cosmos

To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. Psalms 92:15

:)

:24: 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Oh yes, as I grew up on a property with horses in the middle of Queensland Australia in the early 1990's, so my time back then was spent outdoors with my dog and horse, riding all over the property. Today I feel like the Net has grabbed my attention almost as if it were an entity unto itself. I don't usually leave home without my mobile phone now either, which was unheard of back then.

I no longer have horses so my life changed because of that anyway, but it feels now that I had freedom back then that I wasn't even aware of, when now if people want to get ahold of me they ring my phone or find me online, so there's no where I can hide and get away from everything like I used to be able to do. Of course having the Net has its good points too, but if given the choice I think I'd like to go back to those days where taking time to be out in the bush and marveling at His beautiful Creation was my favourite pastime.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, HisFirst said:

True MM about the medicals and washing machines?

Dare I say it - when I was a little girl we had one of those barrel washing machines that had squeezing rollers attached to the side...one day a pair of blue jeans went through and unfortunately a green tree frog was inside the jeans...it came out flat poor thing?

OH MY :mellow: poor frog. My mom had one of those machines in our garage when I was a little girl. I was always trying to help my mom. She was always afraid I would get my arm caught up in those rollers.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Oh I so missed your point ha ha!! 

Now that's pretty primitive-the flip phone, come on - move on plz!?

Books, you can't beat them, I mean you can literally have a book you love - have an emotional attachment to, which include the covers and all that's in between those covers.

It is a different experience researching from book to book, rather than clicking through info on a screen. There are those primary kids now who can't fathom flipping through pages - you need patience, and whose got that (or needs it) when info is literally a click away..?

I am an avid reader. Give me a real book with pages any day over a Kindle.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, emdie said:

Oh yes, as I grew up on a property with horses in the middle of Queensland Australia in the early 1990's, so my time back then was spent outdoors with my dog and horse, riding all over the property. Today I feel like the Net has grabbed my attention almost as if it were an entity unto itself. I don't usually leave home without my mobile phone now either, which was unheard of back then.

I no longer have horses so my life changed because of that anyway, but it feels now that I had freedom back then that I wasn't even aware of, when now if people want to get ahold of me they ring my phone or find me online, so there's no where I can hide and get away from everything like I used to be able to do. Of course having the Net has its good points too, but if given the choice I think I'd like to go back to those days where taking time to be out in the bush and marveling at His beautiful Creation was my favourite pastime.

You can go out and leave the phone at home you know.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

43 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

You can go out and leave the phone at home you know.

:o

What~!
Isn't There A Law Against That~!

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalms 46:10

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Social interaction may seem to have ceased ...

but while Im terribly shy in real life, and tend to keep pretty much to myself ...

I have friends from around the world. Some of whom Im quite close to. I would not have known them without the internet.