Well, today, I finally got started on Final Voyage, will probable Finnish it by the weekend.

I have done the sky, at least, I think I am done with it, won't decide until the water and ship are in place.

edfiyz170scr.jpg

Edit, added some of the water, ship comes next I guess!

edfiyz270scr.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, today, I finally got started on Final Voyage, will probable Finnish it by the weekend.

I have done the sky, at least, I think I am done with it, won't decide until the water and ship are in place.

edfiyz170scr.jpg

Edit, added some of the water, ship comes next I guess!

edfiyz270scr.jpg

Nice drawings @Omegaman 3.0

Some progress:

edfiyz3700scr.jpg

Now I need to add some big, dark water to the foreground, and add some tone and details to the ship, but you can see what the painting is heading toward now.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/11/2017 at 6:40 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I am not a still life kind of guy by taste, but I do like the execution. Good job!

Thank you very much Omegaman. 

23 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Some progress:

edfiyz3700scr.jpg

Now I need to add some big, dark water to the foreground, and add some tone and details to the ship, but you can see what the painting is heading toward now.

I have advanced the painting further, maybe two more days work to go.

edfitzworthyscrn4.jpg

Next, the plant is to create more action in the swells (foam, spray, peaking, breaking over the ship, etc), and then to ass aging to the ship, and details like port holes, rigging, smoke stack and something that looks like the ship's name. That part is going to be hard - fine lines and the like.

I know it looks crude now, like my early paintings did, but it will come to life in the next few days I hope. I have not decided, need to do some research, but if the ship went down in a rainstorm, I might try to add rain in also.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:02 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Some progress:

edfiyz3700scr.jpg

Really nice art.