IGNORED

Which version of the gospel are you sharing?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Not all gospel messages are created equal. A god-shaped hole, a wonderful plan, and many others get pitched by well meaning Christians. 

What have you heard (or believed) that drifts from the gospel outlined in Romans, and by Paul in 1 Cor. 15???

Here's a podcast I did on this subject. Feedback welcome! 

http://apologeticsevangelism.podbean.com/e/episode-009-what-version-of-the-gospel-are-you-sharing/?token=9aa4ba458984739921bc97f1a4d4f2e2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

24 minutes ago, Apologetics Evangelism Guy said:

Not all gospel messages are created equal. A god-shaped hole, a wonderful plan, and many others get pitched by well meaning Christians. 

What have you heard (or believed) that drifts from the gospel outlined in Romans, and by Paul in 1 Cor. 15???

Here's a podcast I did on this subject. Feedback welcome! 

http://apologeticsevangelism.podbean.com/e/episode-009-what-version-of-the-gospel-are-you-sharing/?token=9aa4ba458984739921bc97f1a4d4f2e2

I share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is the only truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

51 minutes ago, Apologetics Evangelism Guy said:

Not all gospel messages are created equal.

Very true. The true Gospel has been under attack for some time. But Paul summed it up in many Scriptures. One of the best summations of the Gospel of God is found in Titus 3:4-7:

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

The King James Version.  :thumbsup:

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

The gospels that I have found to be most troubling are those who leave out repentance from sin.  People have been convicted by the Holy Spirit and are then asking, "I prayed the little prayer, now what do I do with my sins?"  They need to ask God to forgive them and cleanse them from all unrighteousness, and while it is good to thank Jesus for dying for them so they can be forgiven, they still need that confession.  

I find children being told to ask Jesus to come into their hearts, and they are baptized, but then they think they are saved.  I had a Sundayschool class of 6th grade baptized girls who still claimed they had NEVER done anything wrong.  So I asked them about lying, stealing and honoring their parents, and everyone became very quiet.  

Salvation is for those whom the Holy Spirit is already drawing and convicting.  Jesus came for those who need a doctor, not for those who are well.  All we really need to do is read the 10 commandments to our society which no longer knows right from wrong.  We don't need to scream at them spitefully condemning them.  The Holy Spirit doesn't need our help to convict.  People need to know that God loves them and that Christ died for the imperfect, the lawbreakers and evil people.  But the unrepentant do need to be told that hell awaits them if they don't choose Christ.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

By the way, a God shaped vacuum and a wonderful plan are excellent ways to initiate conversations with people.  They just need to include the rest of the Good News--Christ was born among men as God in human flesh, He lived a perfect life, He died unjustly in our place for our sins, and He will come again to judge.  We must turn away from sinful lifestyles and attitudes, and ask Him to conform us to be like Him by coming to live in us.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 Cor 15:1-11

15 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as it were to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
NASB

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

The version Paul preace in Philipie and the girl with the divination spirit heard and believed, and gave the testimony that it was truth, and I don't think she was the only one, a lot more  must have believe not only that time , but for the days to come. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings AE

Good Topic,,,,,something a bit different,AHHHHH!   Praise Jesus!

To tell you the Truth,"What HAVEN"T I heard that drifts from the Gospel"(outlined in the Book of Romans)    ,,,,,I think I've hear everything from the sublime to the ridiculous!!!! Haven't we all?

Honestly,I don't give it much thought,Holy Spirit speaks to different folks in different ways and I do my best to stay out of HIS Way when preaching the Gospel,He Brings to my remembrance what I should say,when I should say it & to whom but the Word of God must be Written ion your heat in order that He can REveal to you what Words to use,,,,,,,I read many versions,mostly KJV & NKJV .....the Word is branded on my heart,it Fills my spirit,the very core of my being

With love-in CHrist,Kwik

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,620
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

John 6:60–71 (AV)
60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.