IGNORED

how many generations for Gentile to become a jew??

woundeddog

Guest shiloh357
On 9/26/2016 at 5:05 PM, woundeddog said:

Help , I cant find this but  I think I remember that there was a certain number of generations a gentile family had to live with the Jewish company before they could be considered as Jewish or an Isrealite~~~ am I right or confused , can some one help me out with this-- it was Old Testament I think

No, I dontt know where you heard that, but there is no truth to it.

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, woundeddog said:

The reason I am asking is that a friend on another site told me that I was a racist because I said immigrants should be expected to assimilate into  a culture if they wanted to become a citizen of that country-- and gave me the old WWJD routine--- and I was pretty sure that there was something in the OT that said a person had to assimilate into the Israeli culture to be accepted, and if God had said that was a requirement it was essentially What Jesus would do~~~~  Thank you for all your replies and if any one else might be able to help I would appreciate it~!

Of course they should assimilate.   You are expected to assimilate in other countries if you immigrate there.   There is nothing racist about it, because it has nothing to do with race.   

Americans have a very shallow understanding about multi-culturalism because we are taught over here that all cultures are equal.   Other cultures like Islam, don't necessarily have a separation  of religion and state, nor do they view rape and child molestation as crimes the way we do.  Women are not allowed to have an education or even a driver's license in some other countries.   In America, we think of "culture"  as comprising food, music, art, clothing, literature, whereas it is far more than those things.   And we would not want rape, molestation and the subjugation of women as part of our culture.  

We rightfully expect an immigrant to become an American, but not simply name only.  We expect them to assimilate and become one of us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Heya woundeddog

Is this kinda what your thinkin of?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I know how it can drive ya nots when something is on the tip of your tongue & ya just can't pin point what you heard!!!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:05 PM, woundeddog said:

Help , I cant find this but  I think I remember that there was a certain number of generations a gentile family had to live with the Jewish company before they could be considered as Jewish or an Isrealite~~~ am I right or confused , can some one help me out with this-- it was Old Testament I think

A Gentile cannot become a Jew or Israelite. I don't believe there's any truth to this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/26/2016 at 5:05 PM, woundeddog said:

For any number of excuses, the ability to become a Jew is not possible.

Notice I said "excuses" rather than legitimate reasons.

The term "Jew" must be defined / explored further.

If you mean Jewish born then you must be the physical heir (whole or in part) of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob. Even Gentiles who marry physical Jews are not Jewish though their offspring are. Some rabbis disagree (citing only the maternal lineage counts today... which was an impulsive ruling on what to do with the offspring of Jewish women raped by Nazis).

If you mean a religious Jew, then you are only Jewish in the practice of Judaism and not a physical Jew (being Gentle born). In the cursing of the fig tree Jesus was in effect putting an end to the temporary atonement capabilities of Judaism for the fulfillment of Judaism: New Covenant Judaism / Christianity which he was about to usher in through his own shed blood. It is therefore not a good idea to go in reverse order of the covenants God made with his people... it would be tantamount to the Israelites returning to Egypt from Mount Sinai.

Now we come to the ultimate definition of a Jew... the praise of God. "Jew" comes from the name Judah and the first mention of that name is:

Genesis 29:35 (AV)
35 And she conceived again, and bare a son: and she said, Now will I praise the LORD: therefore she called his name Judah; and left bearing.

Judah is technically the first "Jew." But with the regard for the definition of the term and the people called by that name it is regarded by most that Abraham was the first "Jew." He was the father of faith. His faithful act (departing from the worldly life at Ur to what was only a promise of the LORD) and his ultimate act of faith (willingness to sacrifice all in the person of Isaac his son) garnered him this headship in God's eyes and in Judaism and Christianity. His faith manifested in physical acts but the faith itself was spiritual.

Abraham was named Abram + ha = Abraham by God because he would be the father of many nations. In the physical sense this came true though Ishmael and the children Keturah bore to him after Sarah passed away. According to Romans, the Apostle Paul taught that Abram's fatherhood of many nations was through spiritual adoption not physical ancestry (which if you read carefully includes Jewish born people / physical Jews):

Romans 8:15 (AV)
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Romans 9:4 (AV)
4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Briefly:

This is prophetic of our adoption by the Father. Only Jesus is the direct Son of the Father. And all of humanity (including Jews) are offspring of Adam (the creation of Jesus preincarnate). So our sonship of the Father has to be through adoption when we believe (a spiritual trait). The spiritual act of adoption, making us both the adopted heir of the Father and of the father of the faith Abraham. If the Jewish born people only wish the physical lineage to Abraham to be the distinction, then they must share that distinction with all the billions of sons of Ishmael and Keturah. For even the birth of Isaac (the child of the promise / distinction) was supernatural / miraculous. Part of what clued Abraham in on just what God is capable of

Hebrews 11:17–19 (AV)
17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

It is in this theological background that the sage to both Judaism and Christianity (the Apostle Paul) wrote:

Galatians 3:24–29 (AV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Romans 2:28–29 (AV)
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise** is not of men, but of God.

** Genesis 29:35 "praise the Lord"

Romans 9:6 (AV)
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

How could Romans 9:6 make sense or even be true if it is not contrasting Physical Israel with Spirit Israel?

Okay, this is usually when I get clobbered by the objectors who use every angle and trick in the book to try to disprove what only quoting the scriptures teaches. And NONE of their opposition includes applicable scripture quotes... otherwise they would have a case for refutation or at least consideration. But what fuels their disbelief and antagonism towards the messenger (me who am nothing) is either Jewish Pride or Gentile Prejudice. 

People become Spirit Jews of the Spiritual House of Israel when they believe in the King of the Jews, the Son of God, the Holy One of Israel. 

That applies to Jewish born people** as well as Gentile born people. 

**Romans 9:1-6

The OP's concern / question / curiosity must be tempered with these things.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

The old testament had clear instructions about how a non jew could become a jew. It had something to do with circumcision and I think a few other things. I will research this and have the verses for you later.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

The OP's concern

okay thanks anyway- but thats not what I was looking for

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/27/2016 at 8:10 PM, woundeddog said:

I am kinda lost on this~~ I thought it had something to do with converts- but I cant remember, and it wasn't so much that a non-jew came to faith as it was that a non-jew wanted to join the nation more for political reasons--- like I said I may be way off track but I think I remember something like this~~  Thanks for your reply

Deut 23:3-8
3 An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the LORD for ever:

4 Because they met you not with bread and with water in the way, when ye came forth out of Egypt; and because they hired against thee Balaam the son of Beor of Pethor of Mesopotamia, to curse thee.

5 Nevertheless the LORD thy God would not hearken unto Balaam; but the LORD thy God turned the curse into a blessing unto thee, because the LORD thy God loved thee.

6 Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity all thy days for ever.

7 Thou shalt not abhor an Edomite; for he is thy brother: thou shalt not abhor an Egyptian; because thou wast a stranger in his land.

8 The children that are begotten of them shall enter into the congregation of the LORD in their third generation.
KJV

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

31 minutes ago, Salty said:

8 The children that are begotten of them shall enter into the congregation of the LORD in their third generation.

Thank you-- that was exactly what I was looking for-- thanks again