GoodFruit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Being raised Pentecostal  Very heavy in rapture and millennial beliefs. I spent most of my adult years believing the millennium reign. 5 years ago I had a thought: "Why would Christ bring me from heaven to rapture my dead body? If I'm already in my glorified body, why return to the earth".
Four years ago I started listening to an audible KJV, religiously! Anywhere I would have before listened to radio or music, I plugged in the KJV. It was all my ears "ate".  The feeding this has given my soul is indescribable. I've listened to Revelation MANY times, even certain chapters repeatedly. 

Revelation is a revealing of who Christ is SPIRITUALLY! I know these capital letters won't convince you, but maybe raise a question. All that babble just to say I don't know what the millenium is. Literal, it is not. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What is the Millennial Kingdom, and should it be understood literally?"

Answer:
The millennial kingdom is the title given to the 1000-year reign of Jesus Christ on the earth. Some seek to interpret the 1000 years in an allegorical manner. They understand the 1000 years as merely a figurative way of saying “a long period of time,” not a literal, physical reign of Jesus Christ on the earth. However, six times in Revelation 20:2-7, the millennial kingdom is specifically said to be 1000 years in length. If God wished to communicate “a long period of time,” He could have easily done so without explicitly and repeatedly mentioning an exact time frame.

The Bible tells us that when Christ returns to the earth He will establish Himself as king in Jerusalem, sitting on the throne of David (Luke 1:32–33). The unconditional covenants demand a literal, physical return of Christ to establish the kingdom. The Abrahamic Covenant promised Israel a land, a posterity and ruler, and a spiritual blessing (Genesis 12:1–3). The Palestinian Covenant promised Israel a restoration to the land and occupation of the land (Deuteronomy 30:1–10). The Davidic Covenant promised Israel a king from David’s line who would rule forever—giving the nation rest from all their enemies (2 Samuel 7:10–13).

At the second coming, these covenants will be fulfilled as Israel is re-gathered from the nations (Matthew 24:31), converted (Zechariah 12:10–14), and restored to the land under the rule of the Messiah, Jesus Christ. The Bible speaks of the conditions during the millennium as a perfect environment physically and spiritually. It will be a time of peace (Micah 4:2–4; Isaiah 32:17–18), joy (Isaiah 61:7, 10), and comfort (Isaiah 40:1–2). The Bible also tells us that only believers will enter the millennial kingdom. Because of this, it will be a time of obedience (Jeremiah 31:33), holiness (Isaiah 35:8), truth (Isaiah 65:16), and the knowledge of God (Isaiah 11:9, Habakkuk 2:14). Christ will rule as king (Isaiah 9:3–7; 11:1–10). Nobles and governors will also rule (Isaiah 32:1; Matthew 19:28), and Jerusalem will be the political center of the world (Zechariah 8:3).

Revelation 20:2-7 gives the precise time period of the millennial kingdom. Even without these scriptures, there are countless others that point to a literal reign of the Messiah on the earth. The fulfillment of many of God’s covenants and promises rests on a literal, physical, future kingdom. There is no solid basis for denying the literal interpretation of the millennial kingdom and its duration being 1000 years.

https://gotquestions.org/millennium.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/26/2016 at 7:49 PM, GoodFruit said:

I'm curious to know if there any here on Worthy that are Amillennial and do not believe in a literal 1,000 yr. reign of Christ?  I was raised as a Lutheran and I never really understood why this denomination seems to completely avoid the book of Revelation and I never remember ever hearing the pastor preach on the end times.  It never really dawned on me until recently to find out why.  So I decided to check the doctrine of the Lutheran church (Missouri Synod) and I was shocked to learn that they don't believe in the Millennium.  I personally do not follow this belief from my own studies and understanding of eschatology over the past 15 yrs.  

According to these clear passages of Scripture we reject the whole of Millennialism, since it

not only contradicts Scripture, but also engenders a false conception of the kingdom of Christ,

turns the hope of Christians upon earthly goals, 1 Cor. 15:19; Col. 3:2, and leads them to look

upon the Bible as an obscure book.

I respectfully must say, to come to the 'new wine', i.e., God's Truth in His Word full strength, one must decide who they are gonna' listen to, men's traditions, or God in His Word as written. Their statement, "According to these clear passages of Scripture we reject the whole of Millennialism, since it not only contradicts Scripture, ... ", is simply an attempt to follow a tradition of man, because Scripture is explicit about a literal 1,000 years reign by our Lord Jesus, with His elect priests and kings, on earth (Rev.5:10; Zech.14; Rev.20; Ps.2).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

55 minutes ago, Salty said:

I respectfully must say, to come to the 'new wine', i.e., God's Truth in His Word full strength, one must decide who they are gonna' listen to, men's traditions, or God in His Word as written. Their statement, "According to these clear passages of Scripture we reject the whole of Millennialism, since it not only contradicts Scripture, ... ", is simply an attempt to follow a tradition of man, because Scripture is explicit about a literal 1,000 years reign by our Lord Jesus, with His elect priests and kings, on earth (Rev.5:10; Zech.14; Rev.20; Ps.2).

I agree, I personally do believe in a literal 1,000 year reign of Christ, despite what the denomination I was raised in says (and one of the reasons I now regularly attend a Bible church). 

This is why my original question was asking for anyone here at Worthy who does not believe in the Millennium (Amillennial) to "attempt" to explain their reasoning for that belief.  Not getting at bites so that tells me a lot.  It's not a very popular belief. 

6 minutes ago, GoodFruit said:

I agree, I personally do believe in a literal 1,000 year reign of Christ, despite what the denomination I was raised in says (and one of the reasons I now regularly attend a Bible church). 

This is why my original question was asking for anyone here at Worthy who does not believe in the Millennium (Amillennial) to "attempt" to explain their reasoning for that belief.  Not getting at bites so that tells me a lot.  It's not a very popular belief. 

On some Christian forums you will get a lot of heat for not believing in Amillennialism.

I somewhat understand why some of the 2nd-3rd century Church fathers believed in it. The main reason is with thinking that Christ's Kingdom fully came into existence with His death and resurrection, and thus Satan and his hosts then being defeated at the cross have no further power. It's very true that our Lord Jesus defeated the devil at His cross, but that in the Heavenly spiritual sense, and not in this world just yet.

Too many brethren lack understanding from Isaiah of how God is using Satan as a punishing rod upon the rebellious for this present world. They instead are fed men's traditions that think Satan is some kind of co-equal to God and that they're both in battle like the old Zoroastrians believed. Our Heavenly Father is Who is actually sending... the coming Antichrist to our world to find out who we will follow. In the Book of Joel, God even showed how He is Who sends the locust army upon His people for the end times.

I'm not a Messianic Jew nor SDA or anything like that, but it's true per Scripture our Lord Jesus is to return to this earth and sit upon David's throne in Jerusalem, which is an earthly throne.

That idea actually can go another level deeper, since there is a Biblical pointing to the ten lost tribes of Israel having become the western Christian nations of history that Jesus sent The Gospel to after being rejected in Jerusalem. And among those Christian nations, thrones were established. I'm sure some of the early Church fathers understood this point, and deemed the establishing the western Christian nations and those thrones to be fulfillment of David's throne and Christ's Kingdom having come. Funny though, they leave out our Lord Jesus sitting de facto upon that throne on earth like God's Word declares will happen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

9 hours ago, GoodFruit said:

If you want to know why some do not believe in the millennium, just pick up one of the more scholarly commentaries on Revelation. I find most of the authors are amils.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

You know, it ought to be included in the scientific field of physics. The 101st law of physics, "for every scholars and expert on a subject... There's another scholar / expert on the same subject with a reverse view (the law of 180 degrees). Now I'd better make a 360 turn and get outta here.

• 2 weeks later...

I also was raised in a Protestant Church engulfed with Preterist doctrines. I don't recall any teaching about the end times except the event of Jesus' future second coming. And even with that second coming event, they taught it more like Santa Claus was coming to town, leaving out the details of Christ's coming.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

27 minutes ago, Salty said:

I also was raised in a Protestant Church engulfed with Preterist doctrines. I don't recall any teaching about the end times except the event of Jesus' future second coming. And even with that second coming event, they taught it more like Santa Claus was coming to town, leaving out the details of Christ's coming.

I have heard very few end time sermons. It almost seems like Pastors are afraid of them. And also preaching on hell. When I first became a Christian I first focused on the Holy Bible and who Jesus Christ really was. Then I started doing some research on other parts of theology such as studying what the Book of Revelation really means. What is eschatology? But like I said first I got down the basics.