• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hey all,

I've been doing research on the days of Jared, days of Noah and the Nephilim. I'm also using extra biblical text references such as the Apocrypha, Josephus, books of Enoch, Jubilees, Jasher, etc. To my question...

Exactly or closely, what is the length of an "ELL"? In all my text references and my searches I find it's about an equivalent of a cubit, a cubit being the length between a mans elbow and middle finger tip, or 16 - 18 inches. 

Enoch 7:3, describes giants that are 3,000 ells? If my math is correct; 3,000 ells x 18 inches = 54,000 inches. 54,000 inches divided by 12 inches = 4,500 feet? Something is not right here? Am I having a bad hair day and can't do simple math?

Thanks

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Dennis.....

Not really sure if you are a Christian,if not then you posted in the Proper Forum......if so then not,this is the Forum reserved for unbelievers,seekers & guests......sent you a PM with more info

Have a God Blessed day & glad you have joined us!!!                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

16 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Enoch 7:3, describes giants that are 3,000 ells? If my math is correct; 3,000 ells x 18 inches = 54,000 inches. 54,000 inches divided by 12 inches = 4,500 feet? Something is not right here? Am I having a bad hair day and can't do simple math?

Hi Dennis,

The math is correct, the story is bogus, that is a problem with reading non-scriptural texts. Don't fret, how hard could it really be to keep a race of giants fed, who eat 1000 horses, oxen and camels each day (book of Hullen)?

Og, according to Kazwini, was 23,300 ells, 6.6 miles! He must have shopped for clothes at a big and tall store! I feel really sorry for him, since according to Deut 3, his bed was only 9 cubits long. Perhapsfrom that, one could deduce that an ell is way smaller, since a 23,300 ell guy, slept in a 9 cubit bed!

Recommendation? By all means, read all of these spurious, mythological and fictional books, as long as you keep in mind that is all they are. In my opinion, you would be much better off spending time in the Bible, that these books that the Jews and others rejected as untruthful and uninspired.

I agree with quikphilly though . . . unless you are a non-Christian, this thread certainly does not belong in this section of the forums.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

What's up Omegaman 3.0?

Well I just joined and this seems to be the only thread I can post to until I get a certain amount of posts. Just looked at 'Kwikphilly's' message an read it. It's a little confusing at this point on what, when and where I can post, so I apologize. I'll get the hang of it hopefully before my 750th post?

Oh YES, I'm a Christian.

I'm well aware of the Apocrypha, extra biblical non canonical texts, Josephus, etc. as not being the inspired Word of God. The BIBLE is the only true living inspired Word of God. Believe me, I spend much more time reading the Word of God than other extra Biblical texts. I use extra texts for secular and Biblical comparison, research and maybe explanations to puzzles I can't decipher from scripture. I can't say everything in the non Biblical texts are all nonsense, I can only say they are not inspired or the Word of God.

The first century secular Jewish historian Josephus's work seems to verify and expand on a lot of the Biblical narrative, especially Jewish history. The whole Bible one way or another centers on Jesus Christ, secondly his chosen people Israel. Again, I know it's not the inspired Word of God and it is treated as such. It's useful for gaining a better perspective of history, the times, reasons, goals and a lot of other subjects to further understand and comprehend scripture. 

Presently I'm doing some research on Genesis 6: and how it relates to Revelation, Luke 21:26, 2 Thessalonians 2:9, etc., the Nephilim and how it might relate to the end-times. The further I dug I become distracted and went off topic, that's where I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how much an 'ell' was, that made no sense in the book of Enoch.

Praise be to the Lord,

Dennis