• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/04/1993

I am a single father of a little girl who is two/almost three year old  she has no memory of her mother because her mother hasn't seen or talked to her since my daughter was two months she what do I do when she asks where her mother is its coming and I'm terrified 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Well my mother walked out on my dad and I when I was five.  He was awarded custody of me and that was a miracle in of itself because back in the late 50's fathers did not get custody let alone of a little girl.  

But my dad ended up marrying a wonderful woman that became my mom and I had wonderful growing up years. God's Grace and Mercy was with me always and I gave my heart to Christ when I was 15 and I thank Him for what He has done for me.

Give it over to God. Speak scripture over your daughter and yourself.  That is what my dad did.  Let God lead you in raising your daughter and tell her you will always be there for her.  Don't tell her negative things about her mother.  The last thing you want to do is raise a bitter, hateful woman.  Remind her that she had nothing to do with this, and that God loves her and loves her mom.  Encourage her to pray for her mom.  You can help her in this too by praying with her.

Don't let fear take over, it is a killer and a robber of joy.  

Get involved in a solid Bible believing church and just let God do what He does best, heal both of you.

Blessings, RustyAngeL 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lost

Welcome to Worthy,I couldn't agree more with Rusty......

King James Bible
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Love conquers all.....just love her & I bet she won't ask for quite some time and when she does you can just say that she had to go away but she loved her &  knew that she would be just fine with Daddy.......always give simple answers to simple questions.......they get more involved when their older,not when they're little,in time & with our Lord you will know just what to say ,,,,,,,Keep it simple                                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

14 hours ago, Lostmypath said:

...what do I do when she asks where her mother is its coming and I'm terrified 

If her mother was a Christian, the answer should be that she is with the Lord in Heaven (if she has passed on). If she is still alive and abandoned her family, then the truth is better than fiction. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 9/28/2016 at 2:59 PM, Ezra said:

If her mother was a Christian, the answer should be that she is with the Lord in Heaven (if she has passed on). If she is still alive and abandoned her family, then the truth is better than fiction. 

I don't want fiction, but I want a loving answer.  To many times the parent left behind is bitter and resentful and passes that on to the child then you have a bitter and resentful child.  As Kwik said, Love conquers all, and healing from God's love can begin now.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

The Bible never mentions a situation where something other than the truth is acceptable. However, there is certainly a right and wrong way to speak the truth. Just explain that some people make mistakes, out of fear or other reasons, and her mom has made a mistake (I'm assuming she walked out). But that God and you love her so much, don't forget to remind her daily.

God bless, I pray He gives you the strength to give your daughter a good answer. Ask him for His wisdom and for your words to be His words that He wants your daughter to hear!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 9/28/2016 at 1:17 AM, RustyAngeL said:

Well my mother walked out on my dad and I when I was five.  He was awarded custody of me and that was a miracle in of itself because back in the late 50's fathers did not get custody let alone of a little girl.  

But my dad ended up marrying a wonderful woman that became my mom and I had wonderful growing up years. God's Grace and Mercy was with me always and I gave my heart to Christ when I was 15 and I thank Him for what He has done for me.

Give it over to God. Speak scripture over your daughter and yourself.  That is what my dad did.  Let God lead you in raising your daughter and tell her you will always be there for her.  Don't tell her negative things about her mother.  The last thing you want to do is raise a bitter, hateful woman.  Remind her that she had nothing to do with this, and that God loves her and loves her mom.  Encourage her to pray for her mom.  You can help her in this too by praying with her.

Don't let fear take over, it is a killer and a robber of joy.  

Get involved in a solid Bible believing church and just let God do what He does best, heal both of you.

Blessings, RustyAngeL 

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Rusty Angel glad you got a father and a real mother that loved you and cared for you. And took you to church and led you to Christ. As that is what a person needs. And also to pass it on.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

It is best to stay as close to the truth without giving her the idea that she was unloved by her mom. That way when she finds out more about this situation she will not feel that you lied to her.

I would tell her that her mother had to go away to take care of a situation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/27/2016 at 10:25 PM, Lostmypath said:

I am a single father of a little girl who is two/almost three year old  she has no memory of her mother because her mother hasn't seen or talked to her since my daughter was two months she what do I do when she asks where her mother is its coming and I'm terrified 

I think you should be as honest as you can in the language that a child can comprehend. Don't lie. She may very well find out the truth when she is older and would resent the fact that you lied to her.