• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1995

48 minutes ago, Nicole Williams said:

I am sorry that you’re feeling that way, Leerah. I want to encourage you to keep on praying about this situation, even though it may feel like God isn’t listening.  Every Christian has been through times when it seems as though their prayers aren’t doing much good.  Be assured, however, that God hears your prayers and cares about you, as we read in the first part of I Peter 3:12.  Also, have you considered talking to a trusted Christian adult or your pastor about this? They may be in a position to help you in your spiritual journey in a more personal way. I just said a prayer for you. Blessings!

To be honest with you, I really am alone. My family is too judgemental to talk to about such things and they point out negative things about me all the time. Do you know how painful it is speak but never understood. Not to judge, but I am almost the only one depending on Christ in my family. I can never speak to them about him, I failed a couple of times. When I do, they will ask me "Where is your Christ now, when you are struggling like this?" Its almost never easy to reply back because defending the word is like defending a Lion. This made me drift away from so many people because I cannot take negative forces around me when broken inside.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/26/1989

3 minutes ago, Leerah said:

Do you know how painful it is speak but never understood.

Awww.. I can only imagine what you must be going through right now. I will continue to pray for you, Leerah. Stay strong, and do take care of yourself, as well. Hugs

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nicole Williams said:

Awww.. I can only imagine what you must be going through right now. I will continue to pray for you, Leerah. Stay strong, and do take care of yourself, as well. Hugs

Thank you and God Bless you :emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

hello and welcome Leerah

When things hurt the most I pretend to be the strongest when all I do is hurt when I am alone.

yes i understand you on that and all i can say is to keep pressing into God.

I gave my life to Christ several times

i did the very same thing in fact i spontaneously kept doing it arrh! usually i am so stubborn.. reckon God had a sense of humour!

I physically witnessed how challenging life is and reality kicked in. I lost touch with my spiritual life because things just became harder and harder and harder and to be honest, they are not getting any better. Life is hard and walking in faith has become a drag for me, I literally cannot do much and I have stopped praying because I feel the Lord does not and is not willing to reveal  himself to me.

yeah life is tough and relentlessly so at times. also life is at times very dull and that is tough also. as for me i find the dullness a challenge along with the tough times. the LORD does not reveal himself to us like that, "not the drums n whistle thing that the evangelical peeps seem  to experience." and if he does then sit up and take note as he will be expecting big things! he reveals himself in gentle ways and almost intangible. we cant click our fingers.

something that i have done for the longest time is to make my whole life a spiritual practice (way before i was a Christian) and that makes life a little more bearable and dare i say interesting at times. i see each experience as a God opportunity and having that attitude helps to lighten my heart somewhat. now i am not saying that i manage to live up to this ideal each and every day but i aspire to have this be my base line.

and yes i am not big on praying. for me i quite frequently need peace and that is a form of prayer i have been told. and living in the here and now (but keeping it Christ centered.) and not getting too precise and prescriptive about it. that for me is my prayer. keeping a fluidity allows me (hopefully!) to be more receptive and discerning.

this for me has helped my faith get more interesting and deeper i have found and yes i get my dark days. i am more of a free spirit and the  church's, thou and thou not's sends me running to the hills!

But, I love God, I really do and I have always chosen the Christian life but I am losing it and its difficult walking in faith when you are struggling so much with the simple things life

yeah excellent but do you express it in your local community including to those on the fringes who have no one. as you give out you will receive. dont hide your light under the bushel (is that it?!)

i would say not life is not easy and if it was we wouldn't need God! its through the dry times that things are in incubation maybe. all we can ever keep doing is keep on keeping on. now that is faith in action! we are all on a journey. none of us arrive at our destination until we go back to God (i reckon). and therefore it helps us not to believe the lie of the world saying that life has to be a certain way. we are all unique and yes it is good to reach out for prayer along the way as none of us is an island.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Leerah

Yes Beloved,I do know.....I have been there many times ,especially with a family of Italian catholics who believe their good deeds earn them Salvation OR Mary will get them there,they thought I was an apostate when I  told them I was not catholic(many many years ago).....what happened was I did not talk much ,I lead & bore the fruits of the Spirit,the New Creature was obvious to them all........we must know when it is time to kick the dust from our feet & go where we are assigned & His Word Will be Received,we are not assigned to everyone....just plant the seeds & lead by example,work out your Salvation & it will become evident

My cousin(now passed away) has said those very words to me when I was attacked physically by my ex-husband,I suffered broken bones & was in pretty bad shape,He said 'Where was your JESUS when you were attacked"....I said ,"Funny you should ask,He was the one Who picked me up off the floor,carried me to the bedroom to get my phone & call 911.....then He Filled me with forgiveness & great Peace & Joy".....My cousin responded " I guess you told me"

You see ,dear one,when you are Filled with the Word of God,Holy Spirit gives you the right Words at the Right Time......His Power also gives you Patience,Compassion,Understanding & Wisdom concerning the unbelievers.......stop looking at them,what they say & do  & focus on Jesus that you can walk in Spirit & in Truth....renew your mind,let go & let God............ Trust in the Lord & He Will direct your path                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

On ‎2016‎/‎09‎/‎30 at 7:08 PM, existential mabel said:

hello and welcome Leerah

yes i understand you on that and all i can say is to keep pressing into God.

i did the very same thing in fact i spontaneously kept doing it arrh! usually i am so stubborn.. reckon God had a sense of humour!

yeah life is tough and relentlessly so at times. also life is at times very dull and that is tough also. as for me i find the dullness a challenge along with the tough times. the LORD does not reveal himself to us like that, "not the drums n whistle thing that the evangelical peeps seem  to experience." and if he does then sit up and take note as he will be expecting big things! he reveals himself in gentle ways and almost intangible. we cant click our fingers.

something that i have done for the longest time is to make my whole life a spiritual practice (way before i was a Christian) and that makes life a little more bearable and dare i say interesting at times. i see each experience as a God opportunity and having that attitude helps to lighten my heart somewhat. now i am not saying that i manage to live up to this ideal each and every day but i aspire to have this be my base line.

and yes i am not big on praying. for me i quite frequently need peace and that is a form of prayer i have been told. and living in the here and now (but keeping it Christ centered.) and not getting too precise and prescriptive about it. that for me is my prayer. keeping a fluidity allows me (hopefully!) to be more receptive and discerning.

this for me has helped my faith get more interesting and deeper i have found and yes i get my dark days. i am more of a free spirit and the  church's, thou and thou not's sends me running to the hills!

yeah excellent but do you express it in your local community including to those on the fringes who have no one. as you give out you will receive. dont hide your light under the bushel (is that it?!)

i would say not life is not easy and if it was we wouldn't need God! its through the dry times that things are in incubation maybe. all we can ever keep doing is keep on keeping on. now that is faith in action! we are all on a journey. none of us arrive at our destination until we go back to God (i reckon). and therefore it helps us not to believe the lie of the world saying that life has to be a certain way. we are all unique and yes it is good to reach out for prayer along the way as none of us is an island.

I tried. but I cant answer their difficult questions especially when they use me as a useless example.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎2016‎/‎09‎/‎30 at 7:31 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Leerah

Yes Beloved,I do know.....I have been there many times ,especially with a family of Italian catholics who believe their good deeds earn them Salvation OR Mary will get them there,they thought I was an apostate when I  told them I was not catholic(many many years ago).....what happened was I did not talk much ,I lead & bore the fruits of the Spirit,the New Creature was obvious to them all........we must know when it is time to kick the dust from our feet & go where we are assigned & His Word Will be Received,we are not assigned to everyone....just plant the seeds & lead by example,work out your Salvation & it will become evident

My cousin(now passed away) has said those very words to me when I was attacked physically by my ex-husband,I suffered broken bones & was in pretty bad shape,He said 'Where was your JESUS when you were attacked"....I said ,"Funny you should ask,He was the one Who picked me up off the floor,carried me to the bedroom to get my phone & call 911.....then He Filled me with forgiveness & great Peace & Joy".....My cousin responded " I guess you told me"

You see ,dear one,when you are Filled with the Word of God,Holy Spirit gives you the right Words at the Right Time......His Power also gives you Patience,Compassion,Understanding & Wisdom concerning the unbelievers.......stop looking at them,what they say & do  & focus on Jesus that you can walk in Spirit & in Truth....renew your mind,let go & let God............ Trust in the Lord & He Will direct your path                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

For this reason and so many, I will pick up my cross and follow him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Leerah

Atta girl Sister,I know you can do it because you ARE Victorious in Christ Jesus,MORE than a Conqueror!!!!                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Leerah said:

For this reason and so many, I will pick up my cross and follow him.

The Cross becomes very light when on it you tote your flesh nailed to it :)   Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The Cross becomes very light when on it you tote your flesh nailed to it :)   Love, Steven

Amen to that enoob. :)