IGNORED

What are your thoughts on Howard Pittman's near death experience?

Amore_Amibo

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

I have been having a "Near Life " experience for the last 66 years~~~~~~ Bible says " It is appointed once for man to die then the Judgement---  I think with the exceptions of miraculous instances where Prophets and Christ raise people to show Gods glory-- all Near Death experiences can be written off as error--- God defines what death is-- just because you heart stops and you don't breath does not mean you are really dead-- with out O2 the brain can have wild hallucinations--- God sets the time of death and you are not really dead unless God says you are- so if you come back from an episode you weren't really dead---- Satan will use this kind of thing to cast doubt in the Bible and lead people astray

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

33 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

What does that mean, not an advocate? Many people have had them and have been changed totally.  God's are not our ways, I believe He will stop at nothing to seek out a lost sheep. People are saved in many ways, why not a near death experience?

This man was completely changed.  His mom had been praying for him and when he realized this could be his last chance he cried out to God.  He is now a pastor and many have been saved under his ministry.  You might want to read his story.

Advocate means backer or supporter. I think their are some very dark things that can be involved with those experiences. Satan and his demons can make themselves into an Angel of Light. You have to be very careful what you think you are seeing. Also their are medical reasons for seeing those things such as a lack of oxygen,drugs or anesthesia can cause those experiences. When God is involved you die and that is the end. Why does a person need a near death experience to believe? We have the Holy Bible.

You have the right to believe what you want to believe. I am a skeptic I don't buy it.

Another thought on near death experience and people changing~~~~ I dont know if a person can have a salvation experience based on an extra Biblical  revelation or experience-- the Holy Spirit uses Gods word to change hearts--- not technicolor adventures into the unkown

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

17 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Advocate means backer or supporter. I think their are some very dark things that can be involved with those experiences. Satan and his demons can make themselves into an Angel of Light. You have to be very careful what you think you are seeing. Also their are medical reasons for seeing those things such as a lack of oxygen,drugs or anesthesia can cause those experiences. When God is involved you die and that is the end.

You have the right to believe what you want to believe. I am a skeptic I don't buy it.

You can still be a skeptic and let God be God without judging  so quick,don't you think God can do anything He pleases He wants to?

I am very skeptic too about most things like that because the devil is going around to deceive people knowing his time is short but we serve a great God who is still saving people from wherever He want..

It is good to be very discerned..

1 Cor.2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, woundeddog said:

Another thought on near death experience and people changing~~~~ I dont know if a person can have a salvation experience based on an extra Biblical  revelation or experience-- the Holy Spirit uses Gods word to change hearts--- not technicolor adventures into the unkown

For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Eph. 2:8

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.Romans 10:17

30 minutes ago, angels4u said:

You can still be a skeptic and let God be God without judges so quick,don't you think God can do anything He pleases He wants to?

I am very skeptic too about most things like that because the devil is going around to deceive people knowing his time is short but we serve a great God who is still saving people from wherever He want..

It is good to be very discerned..

1 Cor.2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I can be a skeptic but I am not going to berate anyone who has a belief in NDE. I gave my opinion. Isn't that all about the OP?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

33 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Im not an advocate of ndes either and tend to dismiss most of them, but in the bible, paul had an extrabiblical experience/revelation to change his heart. 

22 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Im not an advocate of ndes either and tend to dismiss most of them, but in the bible, paul had an extrabiblical experience/revelation to change his heart. 

But that is in the Bible.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

But that is in the Bible.

It wasnt in the bible at the time of his conversion.

41 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It wasnt in the bible at the time of his conversion.

but the Bible was in the process of being written, its in the Bible now but at the time God was still working with signs and wonders  just because the whole Bible wasnt completed for us to know his mind.-- I was talking about extra Biblical revelations after the complete Bible was given to us------