IGNORED

What are your thoughts on Howard Pittman's near death experience?

Amore_Amibo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Advocate means backer or supporter. I think their are some very dark things that can be involved with those experiences. Satan and his demons can make themselves into an Angel of Light. You have to be very careful what you think you are seeing. Also their are medical reasons for seeing those things such as a lack of oxygen,drugs or anesthesia can cause those experiences. When God is involved you die and that is the end. Why does a person need a near death experience to believe? We have the Holy Bible.

You have the right to believe what you want to believe. I am a skeptic I don't buy it.

You have no right to be his judge.  This man has been a pastor now for over 40 years.  He knows who his Savior is and he is living proof that can do many things to bring the lost to him.  You just might as I said read his story then if you want to throw demons into this story,  as you wish.  And by the way,, I know what an advocate is.  Oy Vey.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

You have no right to be his judge.  

I fully agree. From what I read, he seems to be a genuine Christian. And none of us can sit in judgment over someone else's experience (no matter how bizarre it may sound). We could say that the apostle Paul had a near-death experience as revealed in 2 Corinthians. Daniel is another one that comes to mind.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

mp3speaker.gifnear death experiences

Question: "What does the Bible say about near death experiences?"

Answer:
There is no specific scriptural support for near-death experiences. Many people use 2 Corinthians 12:2-5 as a biblical proof text of near-death experiences. However, this is taking great liberty with interpretation and makes the assumption that Paul had actually died when he found himself in heaven. The passage nowhere states that Paul had died. It was a vision that God gave Paul of heaven, not a near-death experience.

We need to be extremely careful in how we validate our experiences. The most important test of any experience is comparing it with the Bible. Satan is always ready to cause deception and twist people's thinking. "But I am not surprised! Even Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. So it is no wonder his servants can also do it by pretending to be godly ministers. In the end they will get every bit of punishment their wicked deeds deserve" (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). Because the Bible is silent regarding near-death experiences, and scientific research has not been able to be performed reliably, we simply cannot accept the legitimacy of near death experiences on their face value. It would be too strong to state that all near-death experiences are faked, imagined, or Satanic, but there are still serious concerns, biblically, about the validity of near-death experiences.

https://www.gotquestions.org/near-death-experiences.html

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

The gospel of gotquestions.

24 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The gospel of gotquestions.

Thank you jade.  Or the gospel according to gotquestions.

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

I fully agree. From what I read, he seems to be a genuine Christian. And none of us can sit in judgment over someone else's experience (no matter how bizarre it may sound). We could say that the apostle Paul had a near-death experience as revealed in 2 Corinthians. Daniel is another one that comes to mind.

Thanks brother.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Im not an advocate of ndes either and tend to dismiss most of them, but in the bible, paul had an extrabiblical experience/revelation to change his heart. 

In the Bible when people had actual encounters with God, they all had one thing in common.  It put them flat on their face.  The one thing lacking from these NDE's  is experience of God's presence that we see in Scripture.   Ezekiel, Daniel, Paul and John, all had one thing in common.  When they were in God's presence, they all fell down.  Paul was knocked off his horse and temporarily blinded.  None of the NDE's look like what see in the Bible when people had supernatural experiences of God.

Paul had an NDE, but he could not put in words what he saw.  There was nothing in his life on earth that served as a common point of reference for what he saw in heaven.  It would be like trying to describe the color "red"  to a blind person who has never seen color.  Yet, these NDE's have all this information about heaven, that Paul was either not allowed to share, or was unable to share.   So I am skeptical of NDE's.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hopefully this topic will be closed soon ,this topic is discussed enough and it's going nowhere ..

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't been able to respond to this topic, because I've been so busy. However, I have been able to read all the responses. Wasn't expecting to get so many replies.

Anyway, at best, I think it's just time to let this topic die. It really seems to be going nowhere (as the above poster mentioned), and it's turning into an endless debate about which viewpoint about NDEs is "right" and which is "wrong". My final thoughts on this topic is that they (near death experiences) should be taken with a grain of salt, and as far as Howard Pittman's testimony is concerned, that definitely seems to be the case. At least in my opinion anyway. 

Anyway, how do I close this topic? Do one of the moderators have to do it?

Edited by Amore_Amibo

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Yep, I tend to think Howard's experience pertained to him, was personal much like our dreams , and we can pray about it and take what is helpful from it and leave the rest.                                                                                  Davida

My sentiments EXACTLY........in everything I do try(with HELP of my HELPER) to Receive what is good & LEAVE THE REST!!!!!                         With love-in Christ,Kwik