IGNORED

What are your thoughts on Howard Pittman's near death experience?

Amore_Amibo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

In the Bible when people had actual encounters with God, they all had one thing in common.  It put them flat on their face.  The one thing lacking from these NDE's  is experience of God's presence that we see in Scripture.   Ezekiel, Daniel, Paul and John, all had one thing in common.  When they were in God's presence, they all fell down.  Paul was knocked off his horse and temporarily blinded.  None of the NDE's look like what see in the Bible when people had supernatural experiences of God.

Paul had an NDE, but he could not put in words what he saw.  There was nothing in his life on earth that served as a common point of reference for what he saw in heaven.  It would be like trying to describe the color "red"  to a blind person who has never seen color.  Yet, these NDE's have all this information about heaven, that Paul was either not allowed to share, or was unable to share.   So I am skeptical of NDE's.

That is how I see it shiloh :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

25 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That is how I see it shiloh :)

Let's just end it with this.  This man man is saved.  He has had a ministry for over 40 years.  It doesn't really matter how it happened, but praise God it did happen and another soul was snatched out of the hands of the enemy and put into the Kingdom of God. Does that work for everyone?

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Paul was knocked off his horse and temporarily blinded.

What horse? Just sayin'........

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Let's just end it with this.  This man man is saved.  He has had a ministry for over 40 years.  It doesn't really matter how it happened, but praise God it did happen and another soul was snatched out of the hands of the enemy and put into the Kingdom of God. Does that work for everyone?

Blessings, RustyAngeL

It does matter how it happened, if it doesn't line up with Scripture.  Scripture is the template we use to discern the hand of God.   So if someone says they had an experience with God, personally, then it needs to fit the template God has provided.

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Blessings, RustyAngeL

It does matter how it happened, if it doesn't line up with Scripture.  Scripture is the template we use to discern the hand of God.   So if someone says they had an experience with God, personally, then it needs to fit the template God has provided.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Agree ,  it does need to line up with scripture, as God can do what He want,we can't add anything to the Bible ,really all that matters is on the end of our life in who we believed.

( I deleted the video ) 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Amore_Amibo said:

I haven't been able to respond to this topic, because I've been so busy. However, I have been able to read all the responses. Wasn't expecting to get so many replies.

Anyway, at best, I think it's just time to let this topic die. It really seems to be going nowhere (as the above poster mentioned), and it's turning into an endless debate about which viewpoint about NDEs is "right" and which is "wrong". My final thoughts on this topic is that they (near death experiences) should be taken with a grain of salt, and as far as Howard Pittman's testimony is concerned, that definitely seems to be the case. At least in my opinion anyway. 

Anyway, how do I close this topic? Do one of the moderators have to do it?

I did put the request in for this topic to be closed and I'm sure somebody can do this for you .

God Bless..

Guest shiloh357
46 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

It was just a manner of speaking...  The point was that he was knocked to the ground by the presence of God.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I will not question on how the Holy Spirit brought this man into the Kingdom and I"m sure not going to  question his salvation.  I just don't have that right.

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

LOL  I love little details!