Xax

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When Jesus was alive nothing was apparently written down about him. The gospel writers only recorded what he is supposed to have said many years later. So how is it possible that they could quote him word for word, even if eye witnesses statements were available?

How many of us could quote the exact words of a conversation we had with someone last week, let alone many years ago?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

King James Bible
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
                                                                                                                     2 Timothy 3:16

Jesus IS the WORD...the Word of God is referred to as the Living Word of God,,,,,"The writers" recorded? The writers recorded what was God Breathed,Inspired by God through them...............the Word of God is not a what,He is a WHO.......God is the Author                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

42 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Jesus IS the WORD...the Word of God is referred to as the Living Word of God,,,,,"The writers" recorded? The writers recorded what was God Breathed,Inspired by God through them...............the Word of God is not a what,He is a WHO.......God is the Author                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

1 hour ago, Xax said:
When Jesus was alive nothing was apparently written down about him. The gospel writers only recorded what he is supposed to have said many years later. So how is it possible that they could quote him word for word, even if eye witnesses statements were available?

How many of us could quote the exact words of a conversation we had with someone last week, let alone many years ago?

Actually the disciples of Jesus probably did write down quotes from Jesus... they were His students and that was a common

way of learning back in that era. They were very serious about studying what He was teaching and were likely quizzed on

things taught from time to time. Read up on how Plato's and Aristotle's students learned from their teachers.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Of course it does'nt,not to you,,,,you lean on logic of your finite mind..............

Trust in the Lord
4So you will find favor and good repute In the sight of God and man. 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.                                     Proverbs 3:5

Have you ever read any of the Bible?                                                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

Of course it does'nt,not to you,,,,you lean on logic of your finite mind..............

Have you ever read any of the Bible?                                                                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

I have read that book ever since I was child when I was sadly a 'born again', until reality impinged! At the age of 66 I still read it, but each time I do it only convinces me of my take on that book !

You believe you were "Born Again"?,,,,,may I ask what makes you think you were? And also,why do you read Gods Word.......do you need to be convinced of "your take" or do you hope to be convinced otherwise?     I'm sure you don't read the bible for lack of anything better to do                           Much love,Praise Jesus-Kwik

5 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

You believe you were "Born Again"?,,,,,may I ask what makes you think you were? And also,why do you read Gods Word.......do you need to be convinced of "your take" or do you hope to be convinced otherwise?     I'm sure you don't read the bible for lack of anything better to do                           Much love,Praise Jesus-Kwik

I don't believe that silly nonsense  anymore, even though I believed it at the time, even though god and Jesus never gave me an indication they existed, which was unforgivable of them, if they do.

12 minutes ago, Xax said:

I don't believe that silly nonsense  anymore, even though I believed it at the time, even though god and Jesus never gave me an indication they existed, which was unforgivable of them, if they do.

God gave you the Book and He gave you at least some measure of faith, if as you say you once believed, right?

So He did give you plenty of "indications"... it sounds like you gave up on Him rather than He gave up on you.

2 minutes ago, Teditis said:

God gave you the Book and He gave you at least some measure of faith, if as you say you once believed, right?

So He did give you plenty of "indications"... it sounds like you gave up on Him rather than He gave up on you.

You have NO evidence that is true, only a belief