• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/29/2016 at 7:50 AM, Leerah said:

Hi Everyone

I understand the purpose of baptism. I haven't been baptized yet have so much passion for Christ.

What happens to unbaptized believers?

What happens to baptized believers?

Passion for Christ leads to obedience.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/29/2016 at 9:50 AM, Leerah said:

Hi Everyone

I understand the purpose of baptism. I haven't been baptized yet have so much passion for Christ.

Hi Leerah,

Grace and mercy and peace from our Lord Jesus Christ.

Firstly, let’s see what says the Sacred Scripture:

• ·        “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [ even ] unto the end of the world. Amen.” (Matthew 28.18-20).

“To baptize” means “to introduce into” (or “dive into”, if preferring). How should the disciples baptize in the name that represents the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit (that is, the name of Jesus)? They should introduce the persons in the teachings of Jesus and, then, to progress in teaching who believed to observe all things whatsoever Jesus had commanded them.

The two things are important:

• There is no point in introducing someone in the teachings of Jesus (so that they come to be part of the life of the person), without clarify what it is this that come into their heart.
  • It’s no use to teach what Jesus said, without that this come to be something live inside them. After all, only intellectual faith doesn’t save (see John 3.1-3).

If someone isn’t “introduce into” the teachings of Jesus, such person:

1 - won’t be dwelling of Jesus:

• ·        “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” (John 14.21,23).

2 – won’t enjoy the friendship of Jesus:

• ·        “Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.” (John 15.14).

3 – will suffer great ruin:

• ·        “But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.” (Luke 6.49).

Resuming: such person won’t be born again, being dead yet in offenses and sins and, wherefore, condemned to the hell:

• ·        “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1.16).
  • ·        “Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.” (James 1.21).
  • ·        “For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded [ is ] death; but to be spiritually minded [ is ] life and peace. Because the carnal mind [ is ] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8.5-9).
Edited by Leonardo Von
Later Jesus revealed me more things and I found it fit to add them to the post be more accurate

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother Leonardo.....

Actually "baptize" does not mean"introduce to " or "dive into"......so perhaps we should clarify that as it is important to have a proper definition....the emphasis should not be on the introduction or what is taught but on the WAY it is (or IF it is)Received or "accepted".....it is almost like the difference between simply "believing" with the absence of TRUSTING in FAITH......Faith in the "knowledge of".......WHO JESUS IS

bap·tize
ˈbapˌtīz,bapˈtīz/
verb
verb: baptize; 3rd person present: baptizes; past tense: baptized; past participle: baptized; gerund or present participle: baptizing; verb: baptise; 3rd person present: baptises; past tense: baptised; past participle: baptised; gerund or present participle: baptising
  1. administer baptism to (someone); christen.
    "he was baptized Joshua"
    synonyms: christen
    "he was baptized as a baby"
    • admit (someone) into a specified church by baptism.
      "Mark had been baptized a Catholic"
      synonyms: admit, initiate, enroll, recruit, convert
      "they were baptized into the church"
    • give a name or nickname to.
      "he baptized the science of narrative “narratology.”"
      synonyms: name, give the name, call, dub;
      formaldenominate
      "he was baptized Enoch"

baptize

[bap-tahyz, bap-tahyz]

verb (used with object), baptized, baptizing.
to immerse in water or sprinkle or pour water on in the Christian rite of baptism :
They baptized the new baby.
to cleanse spiritually; initiate or dedicate by purifying.
to give a name to at baptism; christen.
verb (used without object), baptized, baptizing.
to administer baptism.

Greek baptízein means to "immerse" ( bápt (ein) to bathe + -izein -ize )

So I believe the applicable definition for the word" baptism" is IMMERSE   The reason I wanted to point this out is because you began by stating that a person is "introduced to the teachings of Jesus"   Leerah is asking about the act of being "immersed" which is an outward proclamation of accepting Jesus as Lord & Savior,she is asking what happens to people who do not participate i this ceremony......much like the Jews who did not understand the difference between the ceremonial circumcision of the flesh as compared to the circumcision of one's heart                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 10/21/2016 at 9:06 AM, kwikphilly said:

Actually "baptize" does not mean"introduce to " or "dive into"......so perhaps we should clarify that as it is important to have a proper definition..

Dear sister Kwik,

Grace and mercy and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Forgive my ignorance, Kwik, but I don’t get to see difference among the three terms, like in the examples below:

Ø  Everyone ought to be INTRODUCED INTO the teachings of the Jesus;

Ø  Everyone ought to be DIVED INTO the teachings of the Jesus;

Ø  Everyone ought to be IMMERSED INTO the teachings of the Jesus.

In all this three cases, what I want to say is that everyone ought to be engrafted in the teachings of the Jesus and vice-versa.

• “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” (John 15.7).
  •       “Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.” (James 1.21).

It is good to remember that Jesus is the Word of God (John 1.1; Revelation 19.13).

Therefore, who wants to be saved has to “DIVE INTO” of Jesus and His Word deeply or, if preferring, to be “IMMERSED INTO” Jesus and His Word until all that Jesus is to ingrain in him; or yet to be INTRODUCED INTO Jesus and His Word just as it is done by applying the content of the syringe in the patient.

On 10/21/2016 at 9:06 AM, kwikphilly said:

the emphasis should not be on the introduction or what is taught but on the WAY it is (or IF it is)Received or "accepted".....it is almost like the difference between simply "believing" with the absence of TRUSTING in FAITH......Faith in the "knowledge of".......WHO JESUS IS

About what you said, I didn’t understand totally (I don’t know if it is problem of punctuation or if it is myself that need to study more).

Howsoever, if I well understood, what you mean is that only the Way (Jesus) is important.

If you are saying this in relation to water-baptism, I agree totally. The important thing is to live the significance of the baptism (the way that I quoted above in the previous post) in place of practicing a simple ritual once in a lifetime. 

However, if you are saying that in relation to what I said about baptism, I’m sorry, but I disagree.

After all, Jesus isn’t only the Way, but also the beginning (INTRODUTION INTO, DIVING INTO or IMMERSION INTO) and the end.

•         “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.” (Revelation 22.13).

May Jesus bless you powerfully.

Edited by Leonardo Von

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings  Leonardo

I think it is possible that because you are adding "INTO" to each of the words above you are understanding all 3 to have the same definition (meaning)  & this may be because the English language is a rather difficult & complicated one at that

You see the difference is largely based on the actual word "introduce" & that is what I hope to bring attention to because an "introduction",by itself is only a initiation,a launch

If you were"introduced" to me then someone only 'presented" me to you but you do not know me at all,now you know "about me',,,,,they have told you my name"This is Leonardo,meet Kwik,she is a friend of mine"    Do you understand?There is no relationship here,you know my name & now you can get to know ME......The Relationship has been intitiated    Now you have put "into" with it which is to implicate that a Relationship has begun,,,,,,which is correct by your Understanding only we do not want anyone to have a misunderstanding,right?  

Here is another example of why I wouldn't use the word "introduce" ....

"Leonardo,I was so excited today.....a friend took me to the beach & I was introduced to the ocean for the very first time" "Oh,I didn't actually get in  the water yet,I'm not ready for swimming but it sure looks great"

Hope that cleared it up a bit,that is the purpose of elaborating on the particular word......what is most important would be "INTO".....I don't think your Understanding is wrong,I believe you Understand perfectly.......language can sometimes be a little obstacle-lol     With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 9/29/2016 at 8:50 AM, Leerah said:

Hi Everyone

What is stopping you from being baptized? May be that would help. Blessings and good day!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 9/29/2016 at 5:50 AM, Leerah said:

Hi Everyone

If you understand the purpose of baptism I can't understand why you have not been baptized......   Jesus himself told us to do so, so what's the big deal.      I'm not sure what a passion for Christ means?

What is your relationship with Jesus?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

obedience  =  Love ... right

John 14:23 (KJV)

[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

[24] He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Love, Steven

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 29.9.2016 at 2:50 PM, Leerah said:

...I haven't been baptized yet have so much passion for Christ...

I know that this thread is a bit older. When I became Christian around ten years I didn't see a reason to be baptized. I found God, I am saved, so why do I need to be baptized?

I never thought about this question anymore. I made a lot of steps in faith during this time. I went studying and got to know some Christians who taught me a lot about what Christianity can be like. I grew up in a Catholic area. In my area Catholics are famous for preaching water and drinking wine. In fact they are waisting a lot of money for luxery instead of those in need. I know that not ever Catholic is like that. During my time at university I learned that Christianity is different to that. There are people out there who really follow Jesus. But that is not the topic. It took a long time until I started thinking about being baptized. I understood that I recognized God and followed him. The question was: Is it necessary? When you look into the bible everyone who starts to follow God is baptized afterwards. In Mark 16, 16 is written: "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." (English Standard Version). This vers does not tell us that those who are not baptized are condemned. Those who do not believe are condemned. Obviously being baptized and believing belongs togehter. I don't know why but it is like that.

I decided to be baptized around one year ago. When I talked to my pastor about it he started to explain me everything about it. He told me that from that day on I make a kind of contract with God. I am really his through it. I cannot really write about this talk because I don't remember it good enough. But when I left his office I decided to walk home. It was cold and dark and I had to walk home around 15 minutes. Something in myself started fighting. Something tried to tell me that I am not good enough to belong to God and really was undecided. Should I be baptized? A bit later that evening God gave me peace about it. I was baptized around a month later and what is different? The world is as bad/good as before. But I was changed by it. I made very big steps in faith and it is worth it. It was bigger than I expected.

Even if you won't read it because you do not follow worthy anymore, maybe someone else will have your question and gets encouraged by my story. So I decided to leave it here.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/16/1995

9 hours ago, EdgarAllanGrow said:

I know that this thread is a bit older. When I became Christian around ten years I didn't see a reason to be baptized. I found God, I am saved, so why do I need to be baptized?

I never thought about this question anymore. I made a lot of steps in faith during this time. I went studying and got to know some Christians who taught me a lot about what Christianity can be like. I grew up in a Catholic area. In my area Catholics are famous for preaching water and drinking wine. In fact they are waisting a lot of money for luxery instead of those in need. I know that not ever Catholic is like that. During my time at university I learned that Christianity is different to that. There are people out there who really follow Jesus. But that is not the topic. It took a long time until I started thinking about being baptized. I understood that I recognized God and followed him. The question was: Is it necessary? When you look into the bible everyone who starts to follow God is baptized afterwards. In Mark 16, 16 is written: "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." (English Standard Version). This vers does not tell us that those who are not baptized are condemned. Those who do not believe are condemned. Obviously being baptized and believing belongs togehter. I don't know why but it is like that.

I decided to be baptized around one year ago. When I talked to my pastor about it he started to explain me everything about it. He told me that from that day on I make a kind of contract with God. I am really his through it. I cannot really write about this talk because I don't remember it good enough. But when I left his office I decided to walk home. It was cold and dark and I had to walk home around 15 minutes. Something in myself started fighting. Something tried to tell me that I am not good enough to belong to God and really was undecided. Should I be baptized? A bit later that evening God gave me peace about it. I was baptized around a month later and what is different? The world is as bad/good as before. But I was changed by it. I made very big steps in faith and it is worth it. It was bigger than I expected.

Even if you won't read it because you do not follow worthy anymore, maybe someone else will have your question and gets encouraged by my story. So I decided to leave it here.

Hi

I do follow worthy. Being away does not mean I am not following it.. I am just wordless these days, I have too much going on in my life to be watching debates.