Dennis1209

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Matt.7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16  Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17  Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19  Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

What kind of a living tree has knowledge of evil (sin)?

A tree with a brain, to give information. 

Who created the sinful tree ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

24 minutes ago, Bible_Gazer said:

The tree did not have a brain, neither was it sinful.  You could call it "the tree of testing", since that is precisely what it was.  To partake of its fruit was to disobey God. (And it definitely was not an apple). And it was the disobedience which produced both guilt and shame.

It would be similar to a mother teaching her youngster to avoid going near a hot stove, since the consequences could be very serious. If she left a burner on, it would be "the burner of testing".  If the child disobeyed, he would get burned. If he obeyed nothing would happen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

7 hours ago, Bible_Gazer said:

Everything in revelation isn't all natural or metaphors. I don't believe in a natural tree is going to give life eternal. That is what Jesus is for and his powers and words heals us.

Prov 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

21  Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

22  For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

The 2 witnesses are refer to as olive trees

Trees are used as metaphors.

I believe Jesus is the tree of life as also the bread of life. He is the tree of life and Satan is the tree of death.

Which family tree do you want to be a part of ?

Satan is the tree of death?  where in the Bible did you get that.  He is the father of lies but tree of death????  And the Tree of Life was a real tree.

7 hours ago, Bible_Gazer said:

Matt.7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16  Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17  Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19  Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The tree did not have knowledge; that is just plain weird. You really need to stop reading things into Scripture that aren't there. It's bad enough atheists and unbelievers take pot-shots at Christianity for what it is; do not give them extra ammunition by providing them with such remarks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

So there was nothing in either trees as far as super natural .  They were just two natural trees for testing.

So in Revelation 2 is  there really a natural tree to eat from ? 

I don't see it as a natural tree, metaphor yes. Jesus is the tree of life, eat of him you will have life, like he said about being the bread from heaven.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In our beginning as mankind we are instantly required by God to reason with Him by faith... We were made the sixth or last of creation. As God's revelation to us of Himself we understand that which was made as to sensual exist was not a necessary but was for God's pleasure in the making... God 'IS' complete in His Own Persons and was not a lack or need but merely expressions of that completeness as we read here His witness of such
Ps 33 prepares the heart for the fuller revelation of this

Romans 1:20 (KJV)

[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Never start with the created element as the complete but with God to whom the created element points... releasing the demands of ourselves empties the vessel for God to place the pleasures of Himself stored for His Glory... all created elements are not in themselves anything but merely pointers to God unto the Glory of God ... I know when I am puffed up by the measure of my industry toward the created element in comparison to that which it points -> idolatry is an illusive and subtle thing to be discarded

2 Peter 3:10 (KJV)

[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

for God is taking us into a reality whereby all that we have began in is useless to what will be

1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

We often speak or think we may discern the depths but they held in the tension of time and God Who will reveal in His good time...  Love, Steven

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I believe the trees were those of Gods Supernatural wonders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't  doubt anything of Gods capabilities

• Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, kwikphilly said:

I believe the trees were those of Gods Supernatural wonders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't  doubt anything of Gods capabilities

That would be what the Son said of Him
Mark 9:23 (KJV)
[23] Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Mark 10:27 (KJV)
[27] And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Mark 14:36 (KJV)
[36] And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
:) 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Love you Nooby,what an AWESOME God we serve!!!!!!:emot-heartbeat: