• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 30/09/2016 at 5:51 AM, HisFirst said:

Plz help ?

I was asked a question yesterday and found I was at a loss for words to answer.

I'd like to get back to this person with a response that explains but is also easy for them to follow.

Q: Why does God come across as war like in the OT - different to the NT? Is it because in OT times mankind was more barbaric and God adjusted His dealings accordingly, whereby in NT times, mankind was more enlightened in the areas of treating others with kindness etc, so God's dealings with folk was less war like or devoid of it altogether?

Thanks guys?

HisFirst

Just like Noah's generation received God's wrath, the past generations after them received it also.  They were judged "guilty" during their time, and God used whomever he used to do it.

Example, God used Assyria to punish Egypt, then the Assyrians were punished by Babylon.  Babylon was punished by Medo/Persia.  Medo Persia was punished by Greecia, Greecia was punished by Rome.....

God's hand was on this all.  Wars have always been and God has the power to raise up, and to destroy nations and peoples as he sees fit at the time. All have had their judgement in their day.

The last generation will also be punished by the end time kingdom, the end time kingdom will be punished by the angels, and finally Christ will finish off the rest himself.

So all the generations have gone through their end of world experience, but ours will experience one of the worst because evil has reached the full, if we are found on that side of the fence.

So in my opinion, they seemed more barbaric in the old times, because they fought with spears and swords, but today are still doing the same, only with better weapons and more subtle.