IGNORED

30 Days Love Your Wife {Better} Challenge? (A shout out to MeN)

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Any guys up for a Love Your Wife Better Challenge in October? 

I'm thinking our daily goal would be to PREEP: 
1) Pray for {your wife and marriage}
2) Read {the Bible}
3) Engage {your spouse}
4) Connect {with other men}
5) Pray with {your spouse}

“Deep in his heart, every man longs for a battle to fight, an adventure to live, and a beauty to rescue.” ― John Eldredge, Wild at Heart

John 13:34-35
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Here are the daily engagement challenges I’m thinking of...

Day 1. Ask her: How can I help you today (or this week)?

Day 2. Go a whole day without correcting your spouse. Speak Life!

Day 3. Hug your spouse 3-5 times today.

Day 4. Kiss your spouse the first time you see them in the morning. Tell her she is beautiful and that you love her.

Day 5. Give 3 reasons you appreciate your spouse. Say: “I appreciate you because __________________, _______________________, and _____________________ .

Day 6. Write your spouse a hand-written or typed up letter. It can be as long or short as you’d like. Mail it off today so they get it hopefully no later than next week.

Day 7. Determine what your spouse’s primary love languages are today: Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, or Acts of Service. This is how your spouse likes to receive love.

Day 8. Since yesterday you determined what your spouses’ primary love language(s) are, use this information to do something for them today.

Day 9. Plan a surprise date with your wife for later on this month. Doesn’t have to be expensive. If money is tight free dates or inexpensive dates are good too. If you want to go even further plan a romantic getaway this year or early next year.

Day 10. Turn off all electronics and spend at least 30 minutes to one hour talking on the couch/bed. Try to really listen to your spouse and ask engaging questions.

Day 11. Watch your spouse’s favorite movie, sport, or TV show today without interrupting. No mocking or negative comments. Note: This is HER favorite not yours.

Day 12. Today focus on being patient with your spouse.

Day 13. Three times today say: “I love you because ___________________ “ Describe something about her character, intellect, actions, physical beauty, or personhood in Christ.

Day 14. Leave your spouse a note before work.

Day 15. Today focus on being kind to your spouse.

Day 16. Thank your spouse today for 3 specific things: ____________, _____________, and ____________ .

Day 17. Build your spouse up today by complimenting your spouse in front of your children, relatives, or friends. Feel free to compliment her more than once!

Day 18. Ask your spouse’s opinion on a subject that interests him or her. Turn off all electronics, remove all distractions, sit on the couch/bed, and engage her for 30 minutes to an hour.

Day 19. Bring your spouse some flowers, a token gift, or their favorite dessert.

Day 20. Spend some extra time praying together. It can be an extra 5-10 minutes. Or it could be more if you are so led.

Day 21. Choose one: Do the dishes, do the laundry, gather the trash, or do some other chore for your spouse today without complaining and without them asking. See a need and fill a need.

Day 22. Spend 10-30 minutes reading the Bible together. Or it could be more if you are so led.

Day 23. Today determine to speak softly and avoid getting angry with your spouse.

Day 24. Give your spouse a massage.

Day 25. Today get out your wedding album to look through pictures, watch your wedding on video, or take time to think back to your wedding day with your spouse. What were your wedding vows?

Day 26. Ask your spouse what are 2-3 of their goals or dreams for this year and/or next year.

Day 27. Ask your spouse: “Where do you see us 10 years from now?”

Day 28. Go on a date this weekend that you planned earlier this month. It can be at home or out some place. It can be free or it can cost a pretty penny. Put some thought into it based on the preferences of your wife.

Day 29. Talk to your spouse about their favorite things. Think for example heroes, authors, books, or activities.

Day 30. Talk about finances with your spouse. Ask her to review your budget together, make a few changes, and revisit your giving together. It doesn’t have to be a long conversation maybe 5-20 minutes.

Day 31. Talk to your spouse about a place they would like to visit someday.

Since October has 31 days I added another one.

Feel free to provide feedback or to suggest days to be switched around or challenges to be replaced. What are your thoughts? 

God bless,
GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

On September 29, 2016 at 10:46 PM, Yowm said:

If my spouse saw this list, she'd know something was up. (I better hide it). LOL

Lol I didn't know your spouse was on the forums. Haha

For anyone interested there's a group of men on Facebook doing this in October. Feel free to join us!  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/565547333635488/

God bless,

Ge

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

What a great list, thanks for posting it!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 9/29/2016 at 11:18 PM, GoldenEagle said:

2) Read {the Bible}
3) Engage {your spouse}

“Deep in his heart, every man longs for a battle to fight, an adventure to live, and a beauty to rescue.” ― John Eldredge, Wild at Heart

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Day 4. Kiss your spouse the first time you see them in the morning. Tell her she is beautiful and that you love her.

Day 5. Give 3 reasons you appreciate your spouse. Say: “I appreciate you because __________________, _______________________, and _____________________ .

Day 6. Write your spouse a hand-written or typed up letter. It can be as long or short as you’d like. Mail it off today so they get it hopefully no later than next week.

Day 7. Determine what your spouse’s primary love languages are today: Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, or Acts of Service. This is how your spouse likes to receive love.

Day 8. Since yesterday you determined what your spouses’ primary love language(s) are, use this information to do something for them today.

Day 9. Plan a surprise date with your wife for later on this month. Doesn’t have to be expensive. If money is tight free dates or inexpensive dates are good too. If you want to go even further plan a romantic getaway this year or early next year.

Day 10. Turn off all electronics and spend at least 30 minutes to one hour talking on the couch/bed. Try to really listen to your spouse and ask engaging questions.

Day 11. Watch your spouse’s favorite movie, sport, or TV show today without interrupting. No mocking or negative comments. Note: This is HER favorite not yours.

Day 13. Three times today say: “I love you because ___________________ “ Describe something about her character, intellect, actions, physical beauty, or personhood in Christ.

Day 16. Thank your spouse today for 3 specific things: ____________, _____________, and ____________ .

Day 17. Build your spouse up today by complimenting your spouse in front of your children, relatives, or friends. Feel free to compliment her more than once!

Day 18. Ask your spouse’s opinion on a subject that interests him or her. Turn off all electronics, remove all distractions, sit on the couch/bed, and engage her for 30 minutes to an hour.

Day 19. Bring your spouse some flowers, a token gift, or their favorite dessert.

Day 20. Spend some extra time praying together. It can be an extra 5-10 minutes. Or it could be more if you are so led.

Day 21. Choose one: Do the dishes, do the laundry, gather the trash, or do some other chore for your spouse today without complaining and without them asking. See a need and fill a need.

Day 22. Spend 10-30 minutes reading the Bible together. Or it could be more if you are so led.

Day 23. Today determine to speak softly and avoid getting angry with your spouse.

Day 25. Today get out your wedding album to look through pictures, watch your wedding on video, or take time to think back to your wedding day with your spouse. What were your wedding vows?

Day 26. Ask your spouse what are 2-3 of their goals or dreams for this year and/or next year.

Day 28. Go on a date this weekend that you planned earlier this month. It can be at home or out some place. It can be free or it can cost a pretty penny. Put some thought into it based on the preferences of your wife.

Day 29. Talk to your spouse about their favorite things. Think for example heroes, authors, books, or activities.

Day 30. Talk about finances with your spouse. Ask her to review your budget together, make a few changes, and revisit your giving together. It doesn’t have to be a long conversation maybe 5-20 minutes.

Feel free to provide feedback or to suggest days to be switched around or challenges to be replaced. What are your thoughts? 

God bless,
GE

This is a great list, I will print this out  in big bold print and it will goes on the fridge :)

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother....HEYA!!

I read through your OP,"the list"....it nearly dropped me to my knees,my heart with great Joy,Thanksgiving,Praise,Glory & Honor to Father God Almighty for my wonderful husband..............he comes through with flying colors,now if I could only be quite as spectacular as he is .....well,I'll give it my best in Christ Jesus!!!!

Hopefully he can participate,he works very long hours & he is a man of few words but they usually say a lot,to Gods Glory!!!  BTW,Snow is hubby in case anyone didn't know.............& sadly he is away at work for a time but still does his best to LOVE me from a far               With love-in Christ,Kwik

What does the trick?   It's simple.....we each love GOD FIRST,then together & one another!

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 9/29/2016 at 9:18 PM, GoldenEagle said:

2) Read {the Bible}
3) Engage {your spouse}

God bless,
GE

Steve was always up for hugs and kisses.  We hardly let a day go by that we did't say I love you.  He never wrote anything but I knew he loved me.  He things like vacuum because he knew it was difficult for me.  And after a big dinner he would do dishes.  

I miss him so much... he was just a good guy!

Blessings, RustyAngeL 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

44654a568e061594a430deced8415bd9.jpg

Sigh.....

33 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

44654a568e061594a430deced8415bd9.jpg

I also think we need to include women in this mix.  

We too have a responsibility and how we treat our husbands.  I can't tell you how many women try and run the whole show while their husband cower and do as they are told.  

As believers we are each to give 100%.  Love the other one with everything in us and learn how to forgive.  I do believe if the man is doing as scripture says, submitting will be no problem...

I believe the reason there is so many couples running to counseling is because they don't think about the covenant of marriage. So many go into it with the thought that divorce is an option if it doesn't work out.  

When I got married Steve and I made a vow to God and to each other the word divorce would never come into our home and it didn't.  Steve had been divorced and he never wanted to face that again, I never wanted to face it period.

It all comes down to this.. you have to put God first in everything especially in a marriage otherwise it just isn't going to work as it should and the way God intended it to.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

8 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I also think we need to include women in this mix.  

We too have a responsibility and how we treat our husbands.  

I believe the reason there is so many couples running to counseling is because they don't think about the covenant of marriage. So many go into it with the thought that divorce is an option if it doesn't work out.  

When I got married Steve and I made a vow to God and to each other the word divorce would never come into our home and it didn't.  Steve had been divorced and he never wanted to face that again, I never wanted to face it period.

It all comes down to this.. you have to put God first in everything especially in a marriage otherwise it just isn't going to work as it should and the way God intended it to.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

I think instead of mixing the wives in with GE's thread someone should start a new thread on "Love Your Husbands".