• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 9/30/2016 at 1:12 AM, Leerah said:

Most of the time, people tend to shame and humiliate believers when believers are struggling.

They also tend to tell you to please leave them in peace and tell Christ to help you since you believe he exists. They refuse helping you when you ask for something.

If you are struggling with the basic things in life, people including family constantly ask you "where is your Christ now when you are struggling so much with basic needs"?
when you ask them for help in certain things.

Does the bible call believers to defend the faith or the word of God?

:emot-heartbeat:

The Faith

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 1 Timothy 5:8

Praying~!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

The Faith

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 1 Timothy 5:8                                                              posted by Fresno Joe

:amen:                     From Gods lips to our ears!!!!!                           Glory to God in the Highest                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/30/2016 at 2:12 AM, Leerah said:

Most of the time, people tend to shame and humiliate believers when believers are struggling.

They also tend to tell you to please leave them in peace and tell Christ to help you since you believe he exists. They refuse helping you when you ask for something.

If you are struggling with the basic things in life, people including family constantly ask you "where is your Christ now when you are struggling so much with basic needs"?
when you ask them for help in certain things.

The reason people fall away is that many have a very immature understanding how God works in our lives.  There is nothing to show in the New Testament that our lives will be easy or without problems.  Even the very rich have deep problems that they must deal with.  Look at the life of Christ, he suffered greatly.  Not only in his passion, but because of his deep love and compassion his heart was in deep pain over the state of peoples souls, hearts and lives every day of his life.  That is why he sought them out, not to make their lives easy, but to give direction and hope and yes the salvation that all humans long for, or our hearts are made for infinite love and nothing in this world can ever trump that.

The cross of Christ Jesus is light, because in the end it leads us to deeper healing and the growth in love for self and others.  Faith is not about magic, but about embracing life in all of it joy and suffering while being united the Christ Jesus.  It is about a deep loving, trusting relationship with the Holy Trinity.

God Bless you my friend.

Peace
mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/30/2016 at 3:12 AM, Leerah said:

Dear sister Leerah,

Grace, mercy, and peace from Jesus Christ our Lord.

Certainly, Jesus and His Word don’t need to be defended. After all, independent of what the human beings make, nothing can change Him, neither to frustrate His plans, nor destroy His truth:

•      “For I [ am ] the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.” (Malachi 3.6).
  •      Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” (Hebrews 13.8).

•    “I know that thou canst do every [ thing ], and [ that ] no thought can be withholden from thee.” (Job 42.2).
  •   “Yea, before the day [ was ] I [ am ] he; and [ there is ] none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?” (Isaiah 43.13).

•     “For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD [ endureth ] for ever. Praise ye the LORD.” (Psalms 117.2).
  •   For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [ even ] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:” (Romans 1.20).
  •   “For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.” (2Corithians 13.8).

Notwithstanding, the perfection and efficacy of Jesus’ word need to be confirmed:

o   “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” (Matthew 5.17,18).

It was this that Jesus did and it is what we ought to do (see 1Peter 2.21-23). After all, the worship to be given to the Eternal is intelligent, reasonable (Romans 12.1).

Come the query: how to confirm Jesus’ word?

See what Peter and Paul say:

•     “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [ be ] ready always to [ give ] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:” (1Peter 3.15).
  •     “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2Tim 2.15).
  •      Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.” (Titus 1.9).
  •      “Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech [ be ] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.” (Col 4.5,6).

It all begins, knowing well His will and love, for it is this that will guarantee that our prayers will be heard:

•    “And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:” (1John 5.14).
  •    “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” (1John 15.7).

Without count that our mission is to manifest the manifold wisdom and grace of the Eternal:

•   "To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly [ places ] might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,” (Ephesians 3.10).
  •    “As every man hath received the gift, [ even so ] minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” (1Peter 4.10).

Well, how can all this be shown through us as light for the men, When such things not even serve of support for us?

o   “Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (Matt 5.13-16).

Jesus and His Word can’t be only a spiritual reality in our lives (based merely on extrasensory perception). We aren’t carnal beings endeavoring to be spiritual, but spiritual being seeking to confirm Jesus and His word in the carnal nature.

May Jesus strength and encourage you to edify your life on a rock of His sayings:

o   “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.” (Luke 6.46-49).

Edited by Leonardo Von

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/16/1995

3 hours ago, eileenhat said:

Do you need a contact there?

Found one at;

nfo@mvrsa.org

Coralie Roets

Missionary Ventures South Africa

http://mvsouthafrica.org/online/?page_id=27

ps: Don't know them personally, just located on the web and they seem helpful.

Might know of local study groups for example (use discernment).

This is so awesome. There is nothing more that I need than spiritual growth. I will visit their website just now and thank you so much.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 6.10.2016 at 4:14 AM, Ezra said:

Yes. But that can be postponed until you are strong in the faith. As mentioned, seek out Christians to help you, but don't be surprised if some won't.

Our spiritual weapon is the Verity:

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. (Matthew 10:16 KJV)