• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1995

Most of the time, people tend to shame and humiliate believers when believers are struggling.

They also tend to tell you to please leave them in peace and tell Christ to help you since you believe he exists. They refuse helping you when you ask for something.

If you are struggling with the basic things in life, people including family constantly ask you "where is your Christ now when you are struggling so much with basic needs"?
when you ask them for help in certain things.

Does the bible call believers to defend the faith or the word of God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Leerah

Neither requires defense,we are called to preach the Gospel to every creature ,not to defend it or to defend our Faith.we sow seeds,we desire to make disciples of men & the best way to do this is to lead by example.........if a christian is struggling with the very basics then it is difficult to "lead",Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.....as our Faith becomes firmly established we learn (by Wisdom & Understanding by Holy Spirits Power)to be OVERCOMERS as MORE than Conquerors in Christ......before we can display walking in Spirit & in Truth we must forsake our flesh,how then? By Filling our own spirit with  Eternal Spiritual things of God through His Word,in Christ we can RENEW our minds & become New Creatures in CHrist Jesus.....it needs no defense,it becomes obvious to all......With love-in Christ ,Kwik

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,852
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

If you're struggling with the basics, I would reach out to fellow Christians, not unbelievers.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 9/30/2016 at 9:12 PM, BK1110 said:

If you're struggling with the basics, I would reach out to fellow Christians, not unbelievers.

I totally agree with that.  The world does not hold our answers, only Jesus does.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

We don't need to defend God and who He is, but we do need to be able to answer why we believe in Him.

"but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect," 

1 Peter 3:15

Nonbelievers are not inclined to help anyone if they don't have to. They don't have the love and gentleness of God to give, though some of them may give from time to time. This is why their response to you is as such. Do not be discouraged by their comments, continue to live for God, and as others suggested ask for help from the church. The church are the hands and feet of Jesus, we are the one's who will do His will and what needs to be done, not nonbelievers.

Those who mock your faith, just tell them your God will provide and move onward. 

1 hour ago, AngelofAshes said:

We don't need to defend God and who He is, but we do need to be able to answer why we believe in Him.

"but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect," 

1 Peter 3:15

Nonbelievers are not inclined to help anyone if they don't have to. They don't have the love and gentleness of God to give, though some of them may give from time to time. This is why their response to you is as such. Do not be discouraged by their comments, continue to live for God, and as others suggested ask for help from the church. The church are the hands and feet of Jesus, we are the one's who will do His will and what needs to be done, not nonbelievers.

Those who mock your faith, just tell them your God will provide and move onward. 

Thank you.

I moved to a new town because of my career and have no friends. Church is far and sometimes id ask one of my neighbours for a lift but sometimes I would and still have no transport to go.

Edited by Leerah
private

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,031
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I will pray for this for you ..... Love, Steven

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

2 hours ago, Leerah said:

Thank you.

I moved to a new town because of my career and have no friends. Church is far and sometimes id ask one of my neighbours for a lift but sometimes I would and still have no transport to go.

You're welcome. Yes moving to a new town can be tough when you don't have family or friends around. Is there no public transportation that goes to that area from where you are at? If there is you might want to check that out until you can afford your own transportation or see if anyone from that church lives near the area you live(maybe ask someone who works for the church to do an announcement or if they know someone who goes there that lives near where you live) and see if they wouldn't mind doing a carpool and just allow you to help out with gas.

I will keep you in my prayers. c:

18 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I will pray for this for you ..... Love, Steven

Thank you..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/30/2016 at 0:12 AM, Leerah said:

Does the bible call believers to defend the faith or the word of God?

Yes. But that can be postponed until you are strong in the faith. As mentioned, seek out Christians to help you, but don't be surprised if some won't.