• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

It is set forth by God that we should honor Him in the very least of our availabilities... certainly that which has been deemed to cessation the very least in eternal considerations.... for if one truly considers the creative element as that which passes away~ what exactly is there to love but God! Yet leaving us here to transform ourselves in the obedience of that which is least that the Glory born from the effort be great unto Him Who has created all things for such events... Love, Steven

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I have stated.  If you are going to qoute me then at least give me the dignity of a responce that has something to do with my post. Otherwise I am irrelivnt to anything here.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,152
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Otherwise I am irrelivnt to anything here.

Perhaps you have judged yourself correctly... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

23 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

I know the story and I was asking if this was a learning experience  that teaches about materialism.

There are plenty of other Scriptures which focus on materialism, if that is what you wish to discuss.  The story of the Rich Young Ruler is a good one, since his love of his possessions caused him to walk away from the Lord.

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.(Mt 19:22)

• Group:  Diamond Member

23 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Otherwise I am irrelivnt to anything here.

Perhaps you have judged yourself correctly... Love, Steven

In what contex are you saying this? One could take it as a slight. I am a member here andI'm trying to put forth an idea of mine. I think the Bible is an overwelming source of instruction and I am trying to say that there is more to be learned from the situation that is described in the Bible than there is, on the surface.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Diamond Member

11 hours ago, Ezra said:

There are plenty of other Scriptures which focus on materialism, if that is what you wish to discuss.  The story of the Rich Young Ruler is a good one, since his love of his possessions caused him to walk away from the Lord.

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.(Mt 19:22)

I thank you for this and I understand where you are coming from. The main point of this entire thread was to see If anyone else thought that there was more to learn from the situation in the Bible than what was going on there.

The Bible is a teaching guide prepared by God himself. It is his word and he is the Alpha and the Omaga. He createde all things and he knows how our minds work.  He loves us and I think the depth of wisdom found there holds no bounds. Am I wrong here?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

No response to my first post churchmouse? 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,849
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

There are many lessons to be learn from this even, one minister pray for the members of his church to find favor with their employer as not to work on Sunday . this may have worked out with some employees,  and he was very proud, because the employers like them and they found alternatives to do the job, but later when the business slow down, and the company needed to lay off some of the employs those who did not want to work on Sundays they were the first to be layed off.        In this example the pastor could have follow the example of Jesus, and say to his members "give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar", and perhaps none of his churse member would have lost their jobs.  

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The way I see it - 

Jesus was not teaching a doctrine, He was answering a challenge, and thus it should be interpreted accordingly.

The religious leaders were trying to trap Jesus into saying something that would either get Him trouble with the people (if He had said yes) or in trouble with the Roman authorities (if He had said no). Thus, He gave an answer that skirted the trap.

As such, I do not see this answer as being applicable to the issue of "In God we trust" or the Ten Commandments.

The furor over these issues are a cultural war over whether or not our nation will maintain the Judeo-Christian moral foundation it was established on or if it will be replaced with an atheistic/agnostic/post-modern/progressive moral foundation.

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

There are many lessons to be learn from this even, one minister pray for the members of his church to find favor with their employer as not to work on Sunday . this may have worked out with some employees,  and he was very proud, because the employers like them and they found alternatives to do the job, but later when the business slow down, and the company needed to lay off some of the employs those who did not want to work on Sundays they were the first to be layed off.        In this example the pastor could have follow the example of Jesus, and say to his members "give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar", and perhaps none of his churse member would have lost their jobs.  

Matt 16:26
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
KJV

undoubtedly a haunting question for everyone that enters it's presence... yet it seems you are stating to make these stones bread?

13 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

In what contex are you saying this? One could take it as a slight. I am a member here andI'm trying to put forth an idea of mine. I think the Bible is an overwelming source of instruction and I am trying to say that there is more to be learned from the situation that is described in the Bible than there is, on the surface.

As you can reexamine the dialogue we have had thus far ... I think it is without slight but simply is as you have formed it in your first response to my post. The greatest battle we face is overcoming our own self and be made able by God to be useful in His Word here... as I see it you are not being careful with the prejudice of self and are partially blinded by it's illusive force in the considerations of others :) my post was pertinent to your post you just did not see it... Love, Steven