IGNORED

Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's

Churchmouse

Guest Robert

Here's my take on it: The Pharisees were trying to get the Lord into trouble with either the people or the government, and instead walked into their own trap.

Jesus and the Pharisees Graphite.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

49 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

As you can reexamine the dialogue we have had thus far ... I think it is without slight but simply is as you have formed it in your first response to my post. The greatest battle we face is overcoming our own self and be made able by God to be useful in His Word here... as I see it you are not being careful with the prejudice of self and are partially blinded by it's illusive force in the considerations of others :) my post was pertinent to your post you just did not see it... Love, Steven

You are preaching to the choir about something I found to be true long ago and still not speaking a word about the topic at hand. We can not learn anything from a point of scripture that we ignore for some other we are more familiar with any more than we can learn what is taught in the 7th grade by continually repeating the 6th grade. We progress and get stronger in the Lord by dealving further in the Bible and discussing it's deaper meanings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,775
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When you advance in your mind without practice of... what value is that? You made a judgment that my post was not relevant to your topic without specifying??? If I am to simple for you to dialogue with  that's ok ...  I  have no shame in being simple :)  Love, Steven

31 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

When you advance in your mind without practice of... what value is that? You made a judgment that my post was not relevant to your topic without specifying??? If I am to simple for you to dialogue with  that's ok ...  I  have no shame in being simple :)  Love, Steven

By practicing I guess you mean exercising since that is what you are doing, but of what benefit is it to you when you if you don't expand yourself. How many times do you have to read  page 1 of a  book before you run out of ways to think about it and thirst for more?

I didn't make a judgement of anything I simply stated facts that others can clearly see.  If you would like to show me how your post has anything to do with the topic at hand I would be happy to discuse it with you.

I have not nor will I ever degrade anyone for their posts. I have never thought you simple, especially sine I have only met you.  I will, however, expect them to honor those who are so interested in the topic that they would read all of it to walk away with with something relivant to the topic to think about.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

45 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

We can not learn anything from a point of scripture that we ignore for some other we are more familiar with any more than we can learn what is taught in the 7th grade by continually repeating the 6th grade.

Churchmouse,

If Christians do not learn to interpret Scripture properly, they can go off into all kinds of fantasies.

Firstly, we need to take Scripture primarily in its plain literal sense. Then we need to look at the immediate context of each passage, and then see what else can be gleaned from that passage (as related to the subject and to other similar passaages).

In Mark chapter 12, there are six different things put together, and they are not all connected either. In this incident, the Pharisees,the Herodians, the chief priests, and the scribes wanted to "tangle Him in His talk", or "catch Him in His words", or "take hold of His words" "so that they might deliver Him unto the power and authority of the governor" [Pontius Pilate](Lk 20:20). So the issue was whether Christ would voice His opposition to Rome and to Caesar. (The Jews resented the Roman occupation of Palestine).

Now if we were to try and connect this incident to something quite unrelated -- say the Second Coming of Christ -- we would simply be misapplying Scripture. Consequently, we cannot say that Jesus is teaching anything about materialism.  Rather He is teaching that Christians have a duty to pay their fair share of taxes. As to rendering to God the things which are God's, we can find many other passages such as Romans 12:1,2.

Only the Lord Jesus Christ could have responded in such a wise and fitting manner, while rebuking His enemies and seeing through to their actual motivation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, RobertS said:

Here's my take on it: The Pharisees were trying to get the Lord into trouble with either the people or the government, and instead walked into their own trap.

Jesus and the Pharisees Graphite.jpg

The Parishes believe that the Christ will lead a revolution and free them from the Romans, after all the Christ must sit on the Throne of David, he must be an expert on war games. They wanded to know if he had any plans to free the Land of the Romans, and Jesus answer was that keep on paying your taxes

5 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Churchmouse,

If Christians do not learn to interpret Scripture properly, they can go off into all kinds of fantasies.

Firstly, we need to take Scripture primarily in its plain literal sense. Then we need to look at the immediate context of each passage, and then see what else can be gleaned from that passage (as related to the subject and to other similar passaages).

In Mark chapter 12, there are six different things put together, and they are not all connected either. In this incident, the Pharisees,the Herodians, the chief priests, and the scribes wanted to "tangle Him in His talk", or "catch Him in His words", or "take hold of His words" "so that they might deliver Him unto the power and authority of the governor" [Pontius Pilate](Lk 20:20). So the issue was whether Christ would voice His opposition to Rome and to Caesar. (The Jews resented the Roman occupation of Palestine).

Now if we were to try and connect this incident to something quite unrelated -- say the Second Coming of Christ -- we would simply be misapplying Scripture. Consequently, we cannot say that Jesus is teaching anything about materialism.  Rather He is teaching that Christians have a duty to pay their fair share of taxes. As to rendering to God the things which are God's, we can find many other passages such as Romans 12:1,2.

Only the Lord Jesus Christ could have responded in such a wise and fitting manner, while rebuking His enemies and seeing through to their actual motivation.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is what I was looking for. Wither I was off base in my assumptions.

My first sentence in the first post in this thread was.

How far should we take the message  of Christ when in Mark 12:17, He said And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

The "How Far" statement was a question. I know I missed placing a question mark at the end of the statement (That is mjy fault and if anyone was misslead by my intentions with this thread, through that, I appologize) But it really was a question. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Churchmouse.....

In looking over your OP I would like to say how very much I do agree that the subtle,insidious enemy is always very busy to try & urge everyone to the point of 'anger",,,,,,,that is when a person is most vulnerable to every other spirit,it usually begins though with the spirit of pride,doesn't it? It is that SELF righteousness that is the usual culprit in the onset of anger......anyway,we do know our fight is not with flesh & blood...

There is an endless wealth of information to be gathered up for our growth & learning in those verses of Scripture,it is simply Amazing how we could refer to one verse of Scripture for so many applications in everyday life,.....hence"the LIVING Word of God

God has given us a handbook filled with a wealth of information,truly our Treasure    We are so Blessed to have Bibles available to us as many do not,Praise Jesus,I am so grateful!

No,God probably could not care less about what our coins or paper money says on it or what is erected in front of any buildings but I think He does care that we care as long as our hearts are Filled with Righteousness & not 'self" righteousness     It would be a sad day to me to see the 10 Commandments be removed from a courthouse or in front of a building,it would break my heart to no longer see "In God We Trust" on our notes.....but that is just me,I still pursue the fight for liberty ,justice & freedom for all as One Nation Under God,praying for all of America........I do not just want to show other people the words or statues,my HOPE remains in Christ for us(American Christians) to BE LIGHT for the world,,,,,,I know those are high hopes but as a simple lady IN CHRIST I keep GREAT EXPECTATIONS.,pray & do my part.....it may be a very small part but I do hope to make a difference

Give to Ceasars what is Ceasars,my husband & I really had some experience with this Timeless Truth,,,,,,someone tried to take my house from me(long story) but in the end it was all a matter of money,that is all the "world" is after & so we didn't have what they wanted but God Provided,so we gave them what they wanted & although it was very unfair,it really didn't matter .....Ceasar got what he was after & we possess the read Fortune,Treasure ,Wealth.......Glory to God

I didn't mean to ramble,but I can't help but Praise the Lord!!!                     With love-in Christ,Kwik