angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I was talking to somebody who I love very much and she asked me to explain "Why do you believe"?

Can anybody who reads this  question please explain   "Why YOU  believe"?

The person who was asking the question is reading all the answers ...

Thanks ~~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

13 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Can anybody who reads this  question please explain   "Why YOU  believe"?

We all believe because God has left a void in our souls which needs to be filled.  That is why I believe the Gospel and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and there is no one who is an exception to this.

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water (John 7:37,38).

Those who believe in false gods (which include all the pleasures of Egypt) are still trying to fill that void. Except that it cannot be filled by alcohol, drugs, sex, food or possessions.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,028
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well I believe because I inadvertently got tied up with the devil and Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to stop me from doing something eternally stupid...

Guess I could say I've had hands on experience. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I really can't say why I believe, except nothing else makes sense.  To believe that all of this, the universe, the oceans, the tides, the fact that everything stays where is should be, there has to be Someone behind it all.  All of this couldn't happen by accident.  

I believe everything in the Word of God.  I have no trouble at all believing God knew me from the time the foundations of the world were laid.  He loved me so much He sent His Son to die for me.  Jesus not only died for me but rose again and is now preparing a place with Him in Heaven.  All of this is no problem for me to believe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

I will go with this :)

de1d2b83b9c76ffd40f97168ab4db645.jpg

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

I believe because I had an encounter with the Holy Spirit last year when I was an atheist, that I can't believe was anything other than divine intervention. I realize that even with an encounter like that, I still have to have faith in God, because there are times when the devil tests us, and makes us doubt. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

I was not smart enough to believe on my own--- we have 2 choices-- Jesus is either the crazy carpenter or he is the Son of God incarnate.

I think it was the Holy Spirit that lead me to faith in the Son of God incarnate originally------ but now I can say I believe because the Bible has proven to be right in my life, I believe because my life has totally changed for the better and the old stupid sins no longer make me dance a fools dance--- and I can sleep and I have peace of mind

Guest Robert

Because I have not only seen the truth of Scripture in the Bible, but also seen that truth come to life in reality. I have seen the deepest depths of depravity, and have also seen that God's word rings true in exposing wickedness and evil. I have seen firsthand mercy and grace where none should have been, and have seen incredible things that this world cannot explain with its' secular views.

Once you meet the Jesus of the Bible, you have to make a decision about who He is: I decided He is exactly who Scripture says he is.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,015
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I was very fortunate to have been raised in fundamental background where God's Word was the directive of truth outside of the influence of that which I was born into... Oh yeah I had the flesh and the world as my all but The Word stood against all that I was and the world I was in! I indeed came to the cross roads, as all have done, and had to choose from that which I started in = a hopeless, meaningless, end or a hopeful, meaningful, eternity...  a famous quote " He is no fool to give up what he cannot keep (this life) to gain what He cannot loose (New Life born of God through faith generated from His Word)" ... The radiance of God's Truth (His Word) transforms dead faith into living faith and in the transformation come a helpless cry to God, in belief, to save from self and the world itself ... To put it simply - God's Word answers all questions in life perfectly and without fail to the ones seeking truth...  Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Well, I had a divine encounter with Jesus, years ago where He told me to ask Him anything. I asked Him all sorts of questions and when I saw He wasn't judging my questioning or getting angry, I actually began asking real questions, see I was deciding to become atheist back then and just thought what I was experiencing wasn't real. Then the last day of this visitation Jesus asked me a question: 'Why haven't you forgiven your mother?' She had stolen my identity and had put credit cards in my name without my permission and I felt betrayed and angry, so when that question came I went off. Jesus quoted scriptures I did not know that were in the Bible about forgiveness and said if I didn't believe still that I was talking with Him I should look them up when I got home, well I did and every verse was exactly quoted as it was in the Bible. I wept that night because I knew I had pretty much disrespected God during His visit.

I told God I would forgive my mother and I have successfully done so. My mom is now one of my closest contacts and when she saw the devastation she caused she immediately paid off all the debt she had caused, but this was only after I had decided to obey the command in the bible to forgive and forgave her. Soo, it's kind of hard not to believe after that. Personal experience is very powerful.

But to answer from the bible, it's God who draws us to Him. He chose us. See, even though I did not want to forgive my mother back then, spending time in God's presence was enough to make me want to do anything He asked. In a short amount of time I grew to love Him and would be devastated if I was not in His presence. He drew me in and He didn't even say a word until the end of His visit. He's very impressive like that. God can draw you to Him with a simple answer, a simple prayer, and even a simple testimony. We believe because He pulled us in.