• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

31 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I had posted this back in 2007:

After turning back to Christ in the 80's, for the second time, I was really trying to understand God and was still wondering if this whole concept was real, or if it was just something to keep people in line, like "Love Thy Neighbor" and "Treat others as you would have them treat you". I had been going to church at an AOG in Mass, where I was living at the time. I was not married to the woman that I was living with and still married to my second wife at that time. But, the more I sought God, the more He moved us apart. She soon moved out and lived with a friend that I use to do a lot of drugs with. I had my two oldest kids with me at the time, whom they had come to know her as "Mom". After church one Sunday, the kids wanted to visit her. We walked over and when we entered the house, she was sitting at the table playing monopoly with my friend and his wife. He was tripping, and she and his wife were drinking. My kids went to play in the other room with his kids. I felt a really strong urge to get away from there. I went into the bathroom before I left and prayed. As I started to pray, in the spirit, I was brought up to what I believe was Heaven, where I was greeted in what looked to be like an outer room, by who I believe was an angle. This angle showed me a way to a larger room. As I entered the room, I saw a throne. Up both sides were bright lights, like flames, 24 of them, 12 per side. Then, Jesus appeared, sitting on the throne. He spoke three words, "I AM ALIVE", more plainly then if someone right beside me said them. Immediately after I heard those words, I was back in myself, in prayer. I was stunned, but alone in the bathroom.

I have never questioned what happened to me, or if it was real or not.  I still have my share of trouble, days where my faith is weaker and I am ready to throw up my hands in surrender, but then I am reminded about this vision and throw my hands up in praise instead.

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

all things will be proven in time outside of this time being of faith... it is not necessary to prove the signs and wonders but most definitely necessary to prove His Word by living upon the precepts put forth within the written boundaries... the very structure of Scripture and It's reality among us is enough for me to do this... The more I study and do the nearer I am to no lack in God! :thumbsup: 

I have no doubt that this will be proven true.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

11 hours ago, Sailingsoul said:

I'm having trouble, how did u call out to the lord..bc I need help ..also.. How do you make it a 2way street with god?

Hi Sailingsoul,

Thank you for asking me. Now as I said it is a relationship & a personal one that God develops with each of us. He knows how you think & is with you. The trouble as you now realise - is us. We are not listening.

First of course we need to come to God through Jesus. That means ask forgiveness of our sins & repent & turn away from them. I had done that when I was young but then took my life into my hands & tried to steer it through life. Well as you now realise life comes at you from all directions & we find ourselves tossed to & fro. So when I realised this & was desperate enough to call out to God, get real with Him, I prayed & asked Him to teach me & show me how to live.

So bit be bit I learned to listen to that inner voice. What also helped was I would write down some scripture - a phrase or two that stood out to me, plus other events or thoughts that happened during the day, or few days. Thus I began to learn of God, His character, His plans through Jesus & by His Holy Spirit.

As I became more obedient to that inner voice the joy & thankfulness arose, that God was guiding me. So I encourage you to be patient, be real with God & He will show you amid everyday life that He cares for you. He doesn`t want us to be robots, but learn to make the right decisions ourselves. Trust will grow over time.

I also had good mentors that I could talk to.

Finally I encourage you to look forward to your `adventure` with the Lord,

Blessings, Marilyn.

PS. If you want to PM me, please do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

10 hours ago, OneLight said:

I had posted this back in 2007:

After turning back to Christ in the 80's, for the second time, I was really trying to understand God and was still wondering if this whole concept was real, or if it was just something to keep people in line, like "Love Thy Neighbor" and "Treat others as you would have them treat you". I had been going to church at an AOG in Mass, where I was living at the time. I was not married to the woman that I was living with and still married to my second wife at that time. But, the more I sought God, the more He moved us apart. She soon moved out and lived with a friend that I use to do a lot of drugs with. I had my two oldest kids with me at the time, whom they had come to know her as "Mom". After church one Sunday, the kids wanted to visit her. We walked over and when we entered the house, she was sitting at the table playing monopoly with my friend and his wife. He was tripping, and she and his wife were drinking. My kids went to play in the other room with his kids. I felt a really strong urge to get away from there. I went into the bathroom before I left and prayed. As I started to pray, in the spirit, I was brought up to what I believe was Heaven, where I was greeted in what looked to be like an outer room, by who I believe was an angle. This angle showed me a way to a larger room. As I entered the room, I saw a throne. Up both sides were bright lights, like flames, 24 of them, 12 per side. Then, Jesus appeared, sitting on the throne. He spoke three words, "I AM ALIVE", more plainly then if someone right beside me said them. Immediately after I heard those words, I was back in myself, in prayer. I was stunned, but alone in the bathroom.

I have never questioned what happened to me, or if it was real or not.  I still have my share of trouble, days where my faith is weaker and I am ready to throw up my hands in surrender, but then I am reminded about this vision and throw my hands up in praise instead.

Praise God OneLight!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Sailingsoul,

Thank you for asking me. Now as I said it is a relationship & a personal one that God develops with each of us. He knows how you think & is with you. The trouble as you now realise - is us. We are not listening.

First of course we need to come to God through Jesus. That means ask forgiveness of our sins & repent & turn away from them. I had done that when I was young but then took my life into my hands & tried to steer it through life. Well as you now realise life comes at you from all directions & we find ourselves tossed to & fro. So when I realised this & was desperate enough to call out to God, get real with Him, I prayed & asked Him to teach me & show me how to live.

So bit be bit I learned to listen to that inner voice. What also helped was I would write down some scripture - a phrase or two that stood out to me, plus other events or thoughts that happened during the day, or few days. Thus I began to learn of God, His character, His plans through Jesus & by His Holy Spirit.

As I became more obedient to that inner voice the joy & thankfulness arose, that God was guiding me. So I encourage you to be patient, be real with God & He will show you amid everyday life that He cares for you. He doesn`t want us to be robots, but learn to make the right decisions ourselves. Trust will grow over time.

I also had good mentors that I could talk to.

Finally I encourage you to look forward to your `adventure` with the Lord,

Blessings, Marilyn.

PS. If you want to PM me, please do.

Thank you so much...... This helped alot... I need to write down phrases that stand out..its hard to see what's me and what's god ( thought wise)

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

20 hours ago, Sailingsoul said:

Thank you so much...... This helped alot... I need to write down phrases that stand out..its hard to see what's me and what's god ( thought wise)

Hi Sailingsoul,

That`s great. Let`s know how you get on in the future.

all the best, Marilyn. 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 10/11/2016 at 11:38 AM, ravindran said:

because a time came in my life when I realized what sin is and there is really no remediation other than cross. It was actually Lord who opened by heart and eyes. Any one would believe in Jesus because Holy Spirit touched their heart. That is the biblical truth. I believed because He ministered to my soul and softened my heart

Amen and Amen ! 

On 10/6/2016 at 0:23 PM, eileenhat said:

Because he (God) truly exist.  Hard not to believe in fact.

I realize that makes no sense.  How would I know he exists?

Two ways.

One, he filled me with the Holy Spirit at a young age, which guided me throughout my whole life (hard to fathom a holy spirit and what it does, but there it is).

Second, he made an actual real world appearance, which cemented the issue for me (appeared as a cloud, in the form of an animal....a perfect rendition...which is not possible...for a cloud, but is for God).

The Bible is merely his tool to guide us back to him...as further real world proof (as events can be proven to have occurred from it's chapters, for those that chose to look).

Hi Eileen,

God is so good to us and some day sister we meet and sing to the King of Glory who saved us for all eternity :)

In His love we live, God bless you sister!

On 10/10/2016 at 5:23 PM, Remnantrob said:

Not sure my response would help much because some of the tenants of my faith are considered unorthodox by the rest of the body of Christ.  Would it be safe to assume that the question is asking what do I believe that is in agreement with the rest of Christendom?

You're safe here, all we can do is to agree or disagree with your faith, may I ask what you believe?

Is Jesus your Savior?

God bless Remnant Rob :)

On 10/10/2016 at 11:28 AM, Leonardo Von said:

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe in the Eternal because I haven’t sufficient faith to be atheist. I know that this sound weird. Nevertheless, think:

o   For at least six thousand years the sun shines. According to science, the sun shines in consequence of the nuclear fusion of two atoms of hydrogen forming one atom of helium. How until now didn’t the sun diminish of size?  

o   For at least six thousand years, sun, moon and stars remain in stable orbits without deviate themselves. Even if the orbit of them was circular, to stay in these orbits adrift is a great realization. Nothing in this world adrift get to maintain something good (instead of this, wither, rust, etc.). Notwithstanding, the orbits are elliptical. How do each luminary know until where can go? How did such harmony have commencement?

o   The science says that the world began in the “Big Bang”. Did you already see such harmony issuing from an explosion? The second law of the thermodynamic (the law of the entropy) says that all, left at random, walk to the chaos and destruction. Isn’t this a contradiction?

o   After science, to an object to be solid, there is the intramolecular force which keep its molecules together. What force is this that maintains every atom in its place? Did you already think if the atoms of your nose begin to come out of it? You would go to end without nose. And if does the atoms of a pen come to occupy the place where was your nose?

o   What about the force of gravity? In agreement with science, treat itself of the force that the center of the earth exerts on every object. All force has an agent. Who or what maintains this force for about six thousand years without increase or diminish?

o   Similarly, what causes the earth to rotate around its axis without accelerating or retarding? Consider all the activities that the humankind implements in the earth (for example, bombs, missiles, etc.).

o   What about our creation (described in Psalms 139.13-16)? The only thing that your parents made was to relate closely. The man’s seed fecundate the woman’s ovule forming one cell. This cell multiplies itself in two equals which, in turn, multiply themselves in more two equals and so on. For the logic, we should be a congeries of cells. However, of a form that no scientist knows to explain, each cell begins to differentiate itself and occupy its place in the body. How each cell knows what ought to be its format, texture, size, function, composition, etc.?

o   What about our body? How each organ knows what and how to execute its role in the body, if not even you know your organs and figure out their behavior? Even when you sleep or is fainted, they work with accuracy.

Imagine if you had that maintain the perfect operation of one of them (for example, the heart). If it beats slowly, you faint; if it beat fast, you can have infarct, stroke, etc. You would have that pass all time care of it and, even thus, you wouldn’t get to make this well done.

o   Look at the clouds. According to science, they are little drops of water. How do they remain floating in the air without fall? Why all the drops don’t fall at once?

o   What about the animals? I recommend you watch the documentary “Incredible Creatures that Defy Evolution - Vol 1,2,3”. Did you know that no fossil of an animal in transition has ever been found? Not to mention that each animal has one peculiarity that is find in no other animal.

o   Moreover, how does each animal know how to fulfill its role in the nature? What an engineer take years and years to learn, the beaver is born knowing. Without nobody (be other beaver or some school) to teach it, even thus it knows exactly how to build a dam.

o   What about the fact that no human being, with all intelligence and technology, until now fail to imitate with perfection the particularity of any animal (for example, the web of a spider)?

o   What about the rain? Even without no human being keeps control about the clouds, always there is rain in right measure (except when the Eternal desires to discipline His creatures). Even thus, all humanity survive until now (consider all instability of the weather).

o   How did you reach the age you have today? Take account that you might not make anything for you when you were in the womb of your mother and when you were small. Beyond this, considering that only God is good (Matt 19.17; Mark 10.18; Luke 18.19), that everyone is sinner (Rom 3.9-18; 7.13-21) and nothing good can come out of somebody bad (Jer 13.23; Matt 7.15-20; 12.34,35; Luke 6.45; James 3.10-12), where did our parents get sufficient love to take care of us with all fondness? Nobody does something for nothing, but our parents gave us all that we needed when we had nothing to offer in return (“For we brought nothing into [ this ] world…” – 1Tim 6.7).

o   Why in all times and all cultures, always all humanity needed to believe in something that was greater than themselves? Why those who say themselves atheists have so much hate and make so much effort to discredit God if He doesn’t exist? It is logical someone to have hatred or to fight against something that doesn’t exist? With so much evolution, this “myth” (if God was a myth) would have disappeared, become obsolete.

Furthermore, if didn’t exist a God, then that difference does to be good or wicked? By the way, what would be the parameter to determine what is good or evil, right and wrong?

With base in all this I ask you: what is more easy? To admit that there is a God behind all this or to believe that this is accident of evolution? Well, if all this perfection came into being from “nothing”, then this “nothing” is very intelligent, powerful, wise. In other words, the name that the evolutionists give to God is “nothing”.

I go further: what is more easy: believe in a God perfect, just, good, etc. or believe in a human being that, for nature, is bad, corrupt, fail, limited and that we not even know (please note that many scientists, whether in the government or in the private sector, are bought to defend their ideas)?

Besides, the science says that the man came from monkey. If this was true, think: how does each organ of the body, as well as soul and spirit, would go to know the steps to be followed toward the evolution, so that all fit so harmoniously? Even now, with all knowledge that we have, we only run to evil (Isa 59.7). The more the society evolves, the worse have been the tyranny of the strong over the weak.

And where the human being didn’t have arrived, the things stayed the same way until their arrived.

Furthermore, what is it the life without God? To fight to survive or to find a little of pleasure:

Ø  “If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.” (1Cor 15.32).

Ø  “Man [ that is ] born of a woman [ is ] of few days, and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.” (Job 14.1,2).

My life, for example, was very wretched. My life summarize itself to study mechanically (without acquiring wisdom), to play (more quarrelling than having a fun time), to what TV (that only serve to fill our minds with filth and wickedness) and to hear music (that have the power of doing us to dream awake, introduce us into a virtual world where we are the god of this place).

When I think how many time I lost, give me sadness. Fortunately, Jesus ransoms me and today I endeavor to redeem the time (as ordains Ephesians 5.16,17; Colossians 4.5,6). My only repentance with relation to Jesus was not to have known Him earlier. How much problems, pains and losses I would have avoided.

Finally, to those who don’t believe in God, I challenge:

Ø  Try to find some unbeliever well succeed, that is, that really have peace, happiness and love;

Ø  Try to find someone that neglected the principles of the Sacred Scripture and got to find a purport for their life.

If many of those who claim to be Christ’s followers don’t reach the spiritual prosperity is because, instead of going into a personal and deep relationship with Jesus (hearing His voice and being guided for His Spirit – Rom 8.14), lay prostrated under their religion, assuming that the name of Jesus is the magic word to materialize their desires and ambitions.

Such persons forget that we need of the own Jesus (and not only of His blessings).

May Jesus speaks deeply in each heart.

Thank you Leonardo for your beautiful explanation , I pray for the people who find it difficult to accept Jesus that they will have a look inside themself and realize who they really are without God.

You said:

When I think how many time I lost, give me sadness. Fortunately, Jesus ransoms me and today I endeavor to redeem the time (as ordains Ephesians 5.16,17; Colossians 4.5,6). My only repentance with relation to Jesus was not to have known Him earlier. How much problems, pains and losses I would have avoided.

Amen, if only everybody could see this....

On 10/25/2016 at 8:26 AM, Jaydog1976 said:

There are two specific types of revelation that is mentioned in God's word. You have general and specific. Now no one that lives in this world is without excuse about the knowledge that God exists(Roman's 1:20). The handiwork of a Creator is clearly evident. However due to man's sinful nature and the focus on self man rejects the clear evidence of God. Human beings, even though the void is there , will try to fill it with whatever they can. This is where the second revelation comes into play.

The second is the saving work of God's Son. General revelation isn't enough. God, through the work of the Holy Spirit, must draw us to Him. The Bible is very clear that we love God because he first lived us.(1 John 4:19). We also know that Jesus' sheep here his voice and follow.(John 10). We are dead spiritually without Christ unless God draws us to him(John 6). This is the specific revelation that each believer is given as God calls them. 

The ladies question is a legitimate one but a question that is very difficult to answer in a tangible way. Faith only comes by hearing and that is through the Word of God. 

Amen Jay !!