• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/08/1991

3 hours ago, angels4u said:

If I may ask?

Who your higher force Lynx ?

God I just use God and higher force (Because that to me is exactly what God is) interchangeably.

Why do you ask?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Lynx said:

God I just use God and higher force (Because that to me is exactly what God is) interchangeably.

Why do you ask?

Do you have a personal relationship  with Jesus ?

This will bring your faith so much deeper !

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/08/1991

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Do you have a personal relationship  with Jesus ?

This will bring your faith so much deeper !

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I do and my religious life is personal sorry. I keep it to myself I just shared here because I thought it would be nice I did not know it would escalate lol.

Please respect my decision I respect yours.

8 hours ago, Lynx said:

I do and my religious life is personal sorry. I keep it to myself I just shared here because I thought it would be nice I did not know it would escalate lol.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

I went to a Catholic school for the second grade, the nun who taught the class was talking to us about how God speaks in the Church one morning. She was asking us what we thought and I said I thought God spoke through other people. She kept saying that God can speak other ways but I insisted, walking home that day I heard something I can only describe as a voice, the actual words escaped me but it was something like your mine, your meant for more then this. I was a little startled and remember turning around, nothing there of course. Years later I went through a time of adolescent depression and I became aware of sin in my life which is troubling me. One evening someone I had never met was sharing the Gospel with me, standard your are a sinner and Christ died for you sin. Someone in the thread said he liked to keep it simple, well the gospel does keep it simple.

Later that night I was getting ready for bed, thinking deeply about what he said. I prayed God if this is real you will have to take me as I am and make me what you want me to be. Now I had heard the sinners prayer, prayed it numerous times. This time it was like God reached down and grabbed me and said, again I can't express any exact words but it was like he said you got it. I wasn't expecting that but shook it off and went to bed. I felt drawn to a little green give away pocket New Testament, and started reading the Gospels. I got to the narrative of the cross and it was like I could see the scene, it was dark, touches lit, the soldiers and people standing in a semicircle around the cross. This time I was really shaken up, I tossed the Bible in a drawer and wouldn't touch it for some time. 

I was working late shortly after that in a shop, the workbench had a Bible laying there. I was getting ready to leave but started to thumb through it. I happened upon Job where God speaks from the whirlwind and again I could see it kind of in my  minds eye, this time it was a very peaceful feeling. I think what was happening is God started opening up the Scriptures to me in a way that I could take personally, from him to me.

I've never experienced anything like the Bible, most books you read, this one reads you. Religious conviction is a personal thing but over the years I have sought out things like apologetics, studied creationism and Bible study has been one of my core desires. From the night I received Christ I have never really been alone, it's hard to explain but I believe because I have been persuaded from experience and what I could investigate with regards to the existing evidence concerning Scripture.

Grace and peace,
Mark 

Edited by thilipsis

5 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Hi, Angels ... I love this question, as it prompts us to look and examine ourselves.

I believe because He - Jesus Christ- came after me and loved me while I was lost and in much darkness. I heard His voice calling to me, talking to me daily, teaching my heart about Himself, wooing me, drawing me to follow Him ... He told me that the life I was in was not His plan for me and He wanted me to serve Him.  I was only 10 years old.  My life was filled with torment and trauma.  He didn't let up on me ... for 3 years, I turned Him away, saying, "Maybe later when I'm older I will follow You... "  ... but He stayed after me.  When I was 13, I gave my heart to Him.  My life has been filled with much heartache, much pain, danger and darkness ... but He has never once left me.  I could tell of the dreams, the visions, the miracles.... and even more, of His keeping power through all life has brought my way.  But most of all, I can say this...  I have tasted and seen ... of God's goodness ... and I will never go back!!  His love is enough to keep me, no matter what happens in this life... I will never choose another after I've known Him.  My heart is overwhelmed by His goodness and His love to me... words cannot do Him justice.... He is beautiful, He is good, and my heart is forever His. :emot-heartbeat:

Amen,thank you for sharing Abby, God is so good isn't He?

1 hour ago, thilipsis said:

I went to a Catholic school for the second grade, the nun who taught the class was talking to us about how God speaks in the Church one morning. She was asking us what we thought and I said I thought God spoke through other people. She kept saying that God can speak other ways but I insisted, walking home that day I heard something I can only describe as a voice, the actual words escaped me but it was something like your mine, your meant for more then this. I was a little startled and remember turning around, nothing there of course. Years later I went through a time of adolescent depression and I became aware of sin in my life which is troubling me. One evening someone I had never met was sharing the Gospel with me, standard your are a sinner and Christ died for you sin. Someone in the thread said he liked to keep it simple, well the gospel does keep it simple.

Later that night I was getting ready for bed, thinking deeply about what he said. I prayed God if this is real you will have to take me as I am and make me what you want me to be. Now I had heard the sinners prayer, prayed it numerous times. This time it was like God reached down and grabbed me and said, again I can't express any exact words but it was like he said you got it. I wasn't expecting that but shook it off and went to bed. I felt drawn to a little green give away pocket New Testament, and started reading the Gospels. I got to the narrative of the cross and it was like I could see the scene, it was dark, touches lit, the soldiers and people standing in a semicircle around the cross. This time I was really shaken up, I tossed the Bible in a drawer and wouldn't touch it for some time. 

I was working late shortly after that in a shop, the workbench had a Bible laying there. I was getting ready to leave but started to thumb through it. I happened upon Job where God speaks from the whirlwind and again I could see it kind of in my  minds eye, this time it was a very peaceful feeling. I think what was happening is God started opening up the Scriptures to me in a way that I could take personally, from him to me.

I've never experienced anything like the Bible, most books you read, this one reads you. Religious conviction is a personal thing but over the years I have sought out things like apologetics, studied creationism and Bible study has been one of my core desires. From the night I received Christ I have never really been alone, it's hard to explain but I believe because I have been persuaded from experience and what I could investigate with regards to the existing evidence concerning Scripture.

Grace and peace,
Mark 

Hi Mark,

I loved reading your beautiful testimony ,there's nothing better then to have a personal relationship with Jesus!

You said:

I've never experienced anything like the Bible, most books you read, this one reads you. 

Amen and amen!

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

I believe because love makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later...

Anybody else wants to share why you believe and how you got saved?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I believe because Jesus revealed Himself to me. Even when i was the worst sinner He answered my prayers. And now that i don't sin anymore He revealed Himself even more to me. I hear His voice everyday. He teaches and guides me everyday. He is very real to me.

Edited by mynickname
  • Thumbs Up 1