angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

First the Living God our Creator revealed Himself to me in Creation.  He showed Himself to be a personal God Who heard my prayers.  Then, perhaps a year later He started convicting me of sin.  I knew I needed forgiveness, and that God forgives because Jesus loves me!  So I prayed asking God to forgive me.  The Holy Spirit continued to call me to read the Bible and to be grounded in the basics of the Christian Faith.   In Christian usage, Believe means to rely upon, adhere to, trust in.  And we are talking about relying upon the God Who is revealed in the Bible, trusting in His character, and adhering to His Word in the Bible.  

Why do I believe?  God revealed Himself to me and showed me that I needed forgiveness of sin.  I learned to love Him because He first loved me and gave His only Son to die for me.   Thank You Jesus!

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Thank you so much for all your replies!

I'm sure the person who was asking me this question will read all the replies,she's a sweetie....

I realize that I didn't say why I believe, my story is like others , when I was 29 years old God was drawing me close to Him by understanding what the Bible is all about, I believed in God and Jesus  my whole life, but  did this all out of tradition and because my parents wanting me to go church and Sunday school.

But when Jesus got a hold of my life,my life changed and had never been the same anymore, of course , there were  deep valleys but Jesus kept me safe in all circumstances , He is doing what He promised , He is keeping me until the end and never failed me, tons of people failed us but Jesus will never fail,He alone can bring us to heaven , He's my Savior,He is my King , my All in All,He's everything to me.

As many here know ,it; s because of John 3:16 and I really understood that Jesus died for me too, it says for whosoever comes...

Glory to God 

John 3:16New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that if ______    (fill in your name ) believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life!

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?”6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”…

Amen to our Savior ,who is who was and IS to come!

Come Lord Jesus come.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On Saturday, October 01, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Ezra said:

We all believe because God has left a void in our souls which needs to be filled.  That is why I believe the Gospel and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and there is no one who is an exception to this.

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water (John 7:37,38).

Those who believe in false gods (which include all the pleasures of Egypt) are still trying to fill that void. Except that it cannot be filled by alcohol, drugs, sex, food or possessions.

I second that.

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Because "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son so that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, KPaulG said:

Because "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son so that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Amen!

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

It is so encouraging & uplifting to read all these wonderful testimonies of what our precious Lord has done in people`s lives. For me, I was born into a God fearing family & learnt of God. Gave my heart to Him when very young, but when I was older I got busy with my teaching career & life in general. It took till I was about 30 for me to realise that my life was going around in circles. I called out to the Lord & made Him LORD of my life.

I learnt to listen & appreciate His word, growing to know Him personally as an adult. It takes time to build a relationship & this is what the Lord does with each of us. It is a two way relationship, not robotic, but very personal in working with the Lord to grow to be like Him - His character.

Marilyn. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/1/2016 at 7:52 PM, missmuffet said:

I will go with this :)

de1d2b83b9c76ffd40f97168ab4db645.jpg

I have always liked C.S. Lewis.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

It is so encouraging & uplifting to read all these wonderful testimonies of what our precious Lord has done in people`s lives. For me, I was born into a God fearing family & learnt of God. Gave my heart to Him when very young, but when I was older I got busy with my teaching career & life in general. It took till I was about 30 for me to realise that my life was going around in circles. I called out to the Lord & made Him LORD of my life.

I learnt to listen & appreciate His word, growing to know Him personally as an adult. It takes time to build a relationship & this is what the Lord does with each of us. It is a two way relationship, not robotic, but very personal in working with the Lord to grow to be like Him - His character.

Marilyn. 

I love to read those short testimonies too,really what it's all about is to have a relationship with Jesus.

The enemy is distracting  so many people hoping they will not take the time to think what this life is all about and why we are on this earth, knowing very well that is will be too late for many to repent when that day  comes that there will be no more time given , the Bible says that for now is the day of salvation. 

2 Cor.6:2

For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

Sister,we're just travellers traveling through on our way to gloryland ! :emot-highfive:

There’s a land that is fairer than day,
And by faith we can see it afar;
For the Father waits over the way
To prepare us a dwelling place there.

In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore;
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore.

We shall sing on that beautiful shore
The melodious songs of the blessed;
And our spirits shall sorrow no more,
Not a sigh for the blessing of rest.

To our bountiful Father above,
We will offer our tribute of praise
For the glorious gift of His love
And the blessings that hallow our days.

10 hours ago, KPaulG said:

Amen Paul, it's great to see a young man having so much faith in the Lord, never be ashamed of the gospel my friend.. :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, Willa said:

First the Living God our Creator revealed Himself to me in Creation.  He showed Himself to be a personal God Who heard my prayers.  Then, perhaps a year later He started convicting me of sin.  I knew I needed forgiveness, and that God forgives because Jesus loves me!  So I prayed asking God to forgive me.  The Holy Spirit continued to call me to read the Bible and to be grounded in the basics of the Christian Faith.   In Christian usage, Believe means to rely upon, adhere to, trust in.  And we are talking about relying upon the God Who is revealed in the Bible, trusting in His character, and adhering to His Word in the Bible.  

Why do I believe?  God revealed Himself to me and showed me that I needed forgiveness of sin.  I learned to love Him because He first loved me and gave His only Son to die for me.   Thank You Jesus!

Amen Willa, that happened top me too, the Holy Spirit prompted me to read the Bible,starting in the N.T. 

The Holy Spirit continued to call me to read the Bible and to be grounded in the basics of the Christian Faith.  

And our growing is not over yet, I find that over the years God showed Himself so much more with who He is and that He will never give up on us,He's with us in all circumstances ,He's the God of the valleys and the mountains and HE LIVES FOREVERMORE!

Jesus Has Risen

1When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body. 2Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb 3and they asked each other, “Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?”

4But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. 5As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

6“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. 7But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’ ”