IGNORED

when you have had to leave somewhere

Guest bonnieschamberger

Guest bonnieschamberger

Im too tired tonight to go into too much detail but Im seriously thinking about leaving my job this year after thanksgiving and going to work somewhere else.Have you ever had to leave a job that just really wore you down mentally/physically?  My coworkers are awesome for the most part but the ones in my department leave most of the work on me ..they invite people to come visit them up there(its a retail store) and they will go over on another aisle and visit for an hour or so...sometimes they will run off with another customer for an hour or two leaving me with the 20 plus customers who all want their fabric cut in a timely manner.So many other things for years and Ive gone to management several times ...nothing...Ive even gone to corporate....nothing.Its been 6 years but yeah time to go .I would like to hear from anyone else who has had something similar happen and how long was it before you decided?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Yes, and it is best to leave and go somewhere where you can have some peace.  It's very stressful and can just wear you down.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,080
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

if you are dependent on the salary you make, be sure and find another job before you quit.   I've seen several friends who have done that and it was devastating for them if another job didn't come along quickly.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Bonnieschamberger

Sure have & it was usually the case whenever I worked anywhere.....there are some of us who are really hard workers,many folks  spot that out pretty quickly and can tend to take advantage of you & your ability to be multi-tasked     So,who's fault is it really? My dad used to tell me never give 100%,give 90% or so because you set your own standards & then y our 100% is EXPECTED of you every single day,,,,,one cannot ALWAYS run at top speed!!!! I believe that was sound advice,seeing how my 75% is usually well above everyone else's best day.....I'm not boasting,I simply work very very hard ,to the point of over doing it,,,,,sounds ;like you may be the same

Did I take my Dads advice? Of course not!LOL   I learned the hard way after working myself to death from one job to the next,,,,it was the same because I was the same.... I have found that too often we hope & expect different results but we continue to do the same things that resulted in the same result   Perhaps you don't need to find another job Sister,maybe you can just adjust your own standards & slow down a bit,ask your co-workers(they seem nice enough?) to help more because you simply cannot & will not do their job PLUS your own.....just my little 2 cents         And of course,pray    Our Lord is always ready to step in to show us where we have may have missed something,ask Him to Reveal to you what you cannot see             Praise Jesus!           With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Hello Bonnie,well one time i stayed at this one job way to long..they would do me wrong and i was hardest worker.i finnally Quit one day and my new job was way easyer and paid more...i remmember thinking i should have been done that..Also i remmeber out working everyone for years but it didnt help anything..sometimes even the boss will despize a hard worker because they couldnt ever work that hard...i would just do a good job if i could do it all over.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

14 hours ago, bonnieschamberger said:

So many other things for years and Ive gone to management several times ...nothing...Ive even gone to corporate....nothing.Its been 6 years but yeah time to go .

You have clearly allowed this to go on far too long. Hope you don't have a martyr complex! :( 

So yes, find another job that is less stressful, and make sure you have a written contract that spells out your job description clearly, and you agree to it.

Guest bonnieschamberger

Yeah your right  and I have been hearing alot lately about slowing down and backing off things in random things I have heard on radio etc so until I leave I will try that .

Guest bonnieschamberger
10 hours ago, shanee said:

Hello Bonnie,well one time i stayed at this one job way to long..they would do me wrong and i was hardest worker.i finnally Quit one day and my new job was way easyer and paid more...i remmember thinking i should have been done that..Also i remmeber out working everyone for years but it didnt help anything..sometimes even the boss will despize a hard worker because they couldnt ever work that hard...i would just do a good job if i could do it all over.

yes you and kwik know what Im talking about...I think saturday nights are always my make or break night lol ...its the busiest night we have

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

10 minutes ago, bonnieschamberger said:

yes you and kwik know what Im talking about...I think saturday nights are always my make or break night lol ...its the busiest night we have

if you can deal with it for now then dont quit until you know you have another.just saying dont want your money to be short