• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Mommyofone,

As well as all the great advice & wisdom given to you from others, here, I would also pray against an attack of the enemy. Sometimes there can come a deluding spirit that seeks to want you to believe that you are infatuated or have a crush or feelings for some one else. In actual fact it can be this spirit which suggests a thought & then we accept that thought as from ourselves. Fervently stand against that thought & then the feelings will follow.

`For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. ....but......casting down ....every high thing ....bringing EVERY THOUGHT  into captivity to the obedience of Christ.` (2 Cor. 10: 3 - 5)

That is NOT your thought, stand against it, as in, say you do not receive it  in Jesus` name. Rebuke that spirit & keep at it till your feelings come in line with Godly thinking.

Praying for you, Marilyn.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I do have some OCD tendencies but what does that have to do with anyrhing?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

47 minutes ago, Mommyofone said:

I do have some OCD tendencies but what does that have to do with anyrhing?

Well, it is an obsessive thought. One of the most common thoughts that a person who has OCD is that they are gay. Well, they are not gay but that is the way their mind is wired. They fight with these intrusive thoughts. You can not give these thoughts any power or they will become overpowering. Also a person may have a horrifying thought that they will kill their mother. Nope, they will not kill their mother but that is how OCD thoughts work. OCD is a chemical imbalance in the brain.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

18 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Well, it is an obsessive thought. One of the most common thoughts that a person who has OCD is that they are gay. Well, they are not gay but that is the way their mind is wired. They fight with these intrusive thoughts. You can not give these thoughts any power or they will become overpowering. Also a person may have a horrifying thought that they will kill their mother. Nope, they will not kill their mother but that is how OCD thoughts work. OCD is a chemical imbalance in the brain.

huh?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Singing for the Lord is my passion so nope not happening.  So just because I developed a crush ive committed adultery in my heart?  I cant control my thoughts but I can control how I respond to them. You all think I havent prayed about this?  

Who said you haven't prayed about it?Besides ,you started the Thread & asked for advice so please ,no disrespect intended ,but we are certainly not going to tell you anything but our honest opinions & probably not what you w4ould like to hear but you did ask......

Yes,you developed a CRUSH on someone & you have an adulterous heart,don't shoot the messenger dear one,it is the Word of God......you can't control your thoughts?Really?So you are just open for any kind of evil thought?If your thoughts were fixed on what they should be fixed on '& you fill your mind with things above & not below(Gods Word) you don't give room for the enemy to have a field day with your mind......

So,if singing for the Lord is your passion then continue to sing for the Lord,sing in the morning,sing in the afternoon,the shower,the kitchen, the evening,......just not in the choir.....at least until you can learn to put on the Full Armor of God & think Eternal Minded,....my passion is to sing for the Lord too,I certainly don't need to sing in the choir,I've sang on the Praise Team & lead the choir,done it all.....I sing for God,it doesn't matter where or who is or is not hearing me except my LOrd

I've seen too many situations start out in a "harmless" way like this. My personal feeling is to cut those thoughts immediately, don't give this any more room to develop. If you permit these feelings to persist, the devil can easily tempt you to go with it. Please take this opportunity to move closer to your husband;

Also, think of the hurt and pain even having these thoughts would cause for your husband if he knew of them. I would be very hurt if I found out that my wife harbored thoughts like this for another man. A fleeting pleasure, when it is finished is surely not worth a lifetime of pain that it can cause.

2 Cor. 10:5 - Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 04/10/2016 at 8:34 AM, Mommyofone said:

I am a happily married woman. I have developed a crush on a fellow choir member at church.  I have prayed and tried pushing the feelings aside.  I'm scared to death he or someone else will catch on.  He is single and 13 years older than me. The point is I am married. What's wrong with me?  I shouldn't be feeling this way.

Yeah what's wrong with you? Maybe it's that you're happily married.

That's a big responsibility to live up to, why not try for contentment in your marriage.

(It has no contention)

believeUme what are you saying?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 minute ago, Mommyofone said:

believeUme what are you saying?

So many people put being happy over just being content. Happiness is something people chase all their lives, but never reach that star.

Let me ask you a question

Does this other person you have feelings for seem 

More happy.

Or

More content.