• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1995

I am not sure why I believe.

But, I do.

I never grew up the way I wanted to grow up. I never got everything I wanted. I often ignored God, and wanted to pursue my own plans. but this was only because I was still growing up and never knew much.

One day, I threw my aunt on the forehead with a pen and she bled. She then told me: "People that harm others go to hell. I am going to hell"... This really traumatised me and I really had a bad day that day, until I told my grandfather that I am going to hell because of what I did. When he asked me why, I told him "because she made me angry" he told me I will not go to hell if I pray, apologise and try never to do it again.

I, For the first time, at such a young  started understanding that Our selfish choices do not bring us life. In fact, they earn us a death sentence. And that God, understands that humankind battles with sin hence he sent his son to live among us and teach us a better way. To tell us that, he is for us and not against us. Heavenly father understands that sometimes we are frustrated with how things turn out. He also knows that left to ourselves, we would not always do the right thing. So, he stepped in and made a way for us to find forgiveness and begin again. Jesus was perfect in every way, even though mankind was not happy with God's way forward and the same people that Jesus taught, healed and fed, forced a Roman Governor to sentence Him to death on a cross.

I don't know if maybe I do not have enough faith but I have practised Jesus teachings yet, I have not seen any of what I have asked for come to life.

Yet, I still believe and I love Jesus.

You will never hear me complain. I close my door in the room and start venting to Christ.

This is because, I was told that no matter I do, God is in control and he might be redirecting my steps.

I am broken, yet I still believe.

I have seen people being blessed numerous times right infront of my eyes, but I know that envy is sin so I rejoice together with them.

I really don't know why I believe, but I believe.

Edited by Leerah
Forgotton a sentence

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

It's always hard to accept it when other people, people who don't know God, are blessed and you are not. But the fact is that you are blessed, and much greater than they are. God has given you eternal salvation! Worldly possessions or fame or success in this lifetime that other people have certainly pales in comparison to that amazing gift God has granted you.

It's good to remember that as people's obedience to God increases, their suffering usually does, too. Once the apostles were blessed with the Holy Spirit and began living sold out lives for Christ, they were met with ridicule, persecution, prison, torture, and death. Read their stories and be glad to suffer for the cause of Christ! It's so easy to say, and so hard to do. Pray for God's strength to do so!

Also, if you've like more concrete reasons for believing there are many great resources out there. Check out "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel and "Evidence That Demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell.

This may help as well; search Youtube for "Why I choose to believe the Bible" by Voddie Baucham.

God bless!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/4/2016 at 6:58 AM, Leerah said:

I am not sure why I believe...

One does not have to necessarily know "why" they believe. Just be content with the fact that you do believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as both Lord and Savior.  

On 10/4/2016 at 6:58 AM, Leerah said:

I don't know if maybe I do not have enough faith...

Jesus said that all you need is faith as little as a mustard seed. So believe that you have enough faith and move on. Don't get self-absorbed in your lack of faith.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 10/5/2016 at 10:10 PM, Ezra said:

Jesus said that all you need is faith as little as a mustard seed.

Forgive me brother, but Jesus didn't say this. See the text:

• "And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you." (Luke 17.6).

And AS is a mustard seed?

• "Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof." (Matthew 13.31, 32).

In other words, our faith can begin small, but have to grow into of the River of Life in order not to dry out and die:

• "But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended." (Matthew 13.20,21).
  • "Thus saith the LORD; Cursed [ be ] the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, [ in ] a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed [ is ] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and [ that ] spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. The heart [ is ] deceitful above all [ things ], and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, [ I ] try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [ and ] according to the fruit of his doings." (Jeremiah 17.5-10).

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Leonardo

That is what Ezra was saying,,,,,that is why he did not use a quote but was paraphrasing and that is exactly why Jesus used the mustard seed as an example,because it is so very little in comparison to  others      I have had many first hand experiences of Gods Miracles in my life,,,,,,many times I hear "Oh,I wish I had your Faith"  or something that would imply I have more faith than anyone else & I must stop them right then & there because Gods Power is not contingent upon my Faith,,,,to Him Alone be ALL the Glory......yes indeed we can grow IN our Faith & feed our Faith but we were given that Measure of Faith from God,it is a GIFT      We only need a little & God Can,Does  & Will work with that    All Praise to Jesus,He has given us His Holy Spirit,our Faith(even ac little) gives us access to His Power ,which is GREAT!!!!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 10/4/2016 at 8:58 AM, Leerah said:

I am not sure why I believe.

But, I do.

I never grew up the way I wanted to grow up. I never got everything I wanted. I often ignored God, and wanted to pursue my own plans. but this was only because I was still growing up and never knew much.

One day, I threw my aunt on the forehead with a pen and she bled. She then told me: "People that harm others go to hell. I am going to hell"... This really traumatised me and I really had a bad day that day, until I told my grandfather that I am going to hell because of what I did. When he asked me why, I told him "because she made me angry" he told me I will not go to hell if I pray, apologise and try never to do it again.

I, For the first time, at such a young  started understanding that Our selfish choices do not bring us life. In fact, they earn us a death sentence. And that God, understands that humankind battles with sin hence he sent his son to live among us and teach us a better way. To tell us that, he is for us and not against us. Heavenly father understands that sometimes we are frustrated with how things turn out. He also knows that left to ourselves, we would not always do the right thing. So, he stepped in and made a way for us to find forgiveness and begin again. Jesus was perfect in every way, even though mankind was not happy with God's way forward and the same people that Jesus taught, healed and fed, forced a Roman Governor to sentence Him to death on a cross.

I don't know if maybe I do not have enough faith but I have practised Jesus teachings yet, I have not seen any of what I have asked for come to life.

Yet, I still believe and I love Jesus.

You will never hear me complain. I close my door in the room and start venting to Christ.

This is because, I was told that no matter I do, God is in control and he might be redirecting my steps.

I am broken, yet I still believe.

I have seen people being blessed numerous times right infront of my eyes, but I know that envy is sin so I rejoice together with them.

I really don't know why I believe, but I believe.

I believe that the more thoughtful we are and you seem very thoughtful, the more we see our deeper inner struggles.  So you understand the struggle with doubt.  Many people have doubt but repress it and then they can come across as defensive and angry.  Doubt can encourage to go deeper into our faith experience and to study the Word as well as other writers who have gone through what you seem to be doing.  In this world, faith is needed, it gives us eyes to see and slowly we grow in our faith, then we see with the eyes of Christ Jesus, and our heart becomes his Heart, our arms his and our feet to minister and do help others are his as well.  Your are blessed. 

You are also a very good writer, I enjoyed reading your post.  Hope to see many more. 

In Christ Jesus love and peace
Mark

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I believe just because I do.  I have never questioned...  It all makes sense and it's the only thing that does make sense...

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

In other words, our faith can begin small, but have to grow into of the River of Life in order not to dry out and die:

This thread is about why we believe, i.e. saving faith. Saving faith is simply believing (as a little child) that Christ died for our personal sins, and rose again for our personal justification. So it does not take a ton of faith to believe the Gospel.  

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Rom 10:17).  When the Word of God (more precisely the Gospel) is read or heard, the Holy Spirit works on our hearts and minds to convict us of our sins and convince us of Christ's righteousness and God's grace. We are commanded to repent and believe the Gospel (Mk 16:15,16).

15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 10/8/2016 at 11:15 AM, kwikphilly said:

I have had many first hand experiences of Gods Miracles in my life,,,,,,many times I hear "Oh,I wish I had your Faith"  or something that would imply I have more faith than anyone else & I must stop them right then & there because Gods Power is not contingent upon my Faith,,,,to Him Alone be ALL the Glory......                                                                                                                                                      

Dear sister Kwik,

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I agree with you that Jesus doesn’t depend on our faith (praised be Him for this!). If Jesus depend on our faith to operate, in the episode of Matthew 14.25-32, when Peter doubted, it was Jesus who must have drowned.

Not to mention that we wouldn’t be here to talk about this. After all, as you said, the faith is gift of Jesus.

We don’t serve not even to have faith:

o   “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal 2.20).

o   “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [ it is ] the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Eph 2.8,9).

We believe because He chose us (such as He did with the apostles):

o   “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [ that ] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” (John 15.16).

o   “According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:” (Eph 1.4).

o   “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [ to be ] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.” (Rom 8.29,30).

That is, if we have conditions to be here edifying each other is because Jesus foreknown, predestinated, called, justified us and come working His glory in us to make us stand strong and steadfast:

o   “Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.” (Rom 14.4).

o   “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [ it ] until the day of Jesus Christ:” (Phil 1.6).

o   “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [ his ] good pleasure.” (Phil 2.12,13).

Alike, the world only exists because He sustains all things with His word (apart of our faith):

o   “Who being the brightness of [ his ] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;” (Heb 1.3).

However, although the moving of Jesus not be conditioned to the size of our faith, it is linked to the acceptance of His moving inside us:

o   “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him [ be ] glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.” (Eph 3.20,21).

If we don’t make way for Him to work His salvation and faith in us, our seed of faith will wither, die and disappear:

o   Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every [ branch ] that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.” (John 15.2).

It’s impossible Jesus carry out his work in us (or/and through us) and our faith to stay of the size of a mustard seed. Our faith not to grow is symptom of a severe illness in our spirit: the negligence, that is, lack of compromise:

o   Cursed be he that doeth the work of Jehovah negligently; and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood” (Jer 48.10 - ASV).

Who makes the work of Jesus loosely has not his faith developed and, consequently, is near of the damnation:

o   “Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: and I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, [ there ] thou hast [ that is ] thine. His lord answered and said unto him, [ Thou ] wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and [ then ] at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give [ it ] unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matt 25.24-30).

o   “He spake also this parable; A certain [ man ] had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung [ it ]: and if it bear fruit, [ well ]: and if not, [ then ] after that thou shalt cut it down.”(Luke 13.6-9).

o   “For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: but that which beareth thorns and briers [ is ] rejected, and [ is ] nigh unto cursing; whose end [ is ] to be burned.” (Heb 6.7,8).

Finally, if we don’t give condition to Jesus to make our “mustard seed” to become “a greatest among herbs”, the only thing that Jesus will work in our lives is to cut us off of Him (John 15.2).

On other post I will comment the rest.

May Jesus bless you.

Leonardo.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/16/1995

On ‎2016‎/‎10‎/‎08 at 4:37 PM, markdohle said:

I believe that the more thoughtful we are and you seem very thoughtful, the more we see our deeper inner struggles.  So you understand the struggle with doubt.  Many people have doubt but repress it and then they can come across as defensive and angry.  Doubt can encourage to go deeper into our faith experience and to study the Word as well as other writers who have gone through what you seem to be doing.  In this world, faith is needed, it gives us eyes to see and slowly we grow in our faith, then we see with the eyes of Christ Jesus, and our heart becomes his Heart, our arms his and our feet to minister and do help others are his as well.  Your are blessed. 

You are also a very good writer, I enjoyed reading your post.  Hope to see many more. 

In Christ Jesus love and peace
Mark

You have no idea what this means to me. I still have these soft beautiful sobs in my eyes after reading this.

Thank you and may the Good Lord bless you.

And may your soul keep shining.

Warm Regards.