• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

19 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

But even if you do all of the above Willa it is not going to save you. It is still about a relationship with the Father through Jesus Christ.  It is through that relationship that works flow.

You are so right, Rusty.  But the OP asked "what is religion" which I answered from James.  Had he asked "what is Christianity" I would have answered as you did.  Christianity is first a relationship with God.  It was formed by God' gift of Christ's crucifixion for the sins of the world, so that our sins could be put away and we can come into that relationship with Him.  Salvation is a gift and cannot be earned.  It is God's mercy upon mankind that prompted Him to create a way that mankind can come into His Presence.  We must repent from sinful lifestyles and receive Christ's death as payment for our sins;  Then, believe that God raised Him from the dead.  But even that awareness of our need of a Savior is God's doing since the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, righteousness and judgement.  Then He grants us faith to believe the Scriptures that Jesus arose from the dead.  Salvation is a free gift from God.

Good works were created by God for us to walk in, the outcome of His gift of faith.  When we are born again and Christ lives in us, we allow Him to prompt us to do His works born out of His love working through us.  It is this relationship of intimate communion with the Living God that we call Christianity.  

The old testament covenant of the law was made with the Hebrew nation that God called out of Egypt.  Yes, He did create within the Torah a form of social justice for the Jews.   But many statements in the premise are severely stretching what is said.  Tithes were a tax given to support the priests and the temple.  Many offerings to God and to the poor were free will.  There is not as sharp a separation between the legal government  and social justice as you indicated in the Old Testament.

On 10/4/2016 at 8:31 AM, Awakelive said:

Jesus died because of the sin of mixing law and religion and not having a separation of law and religion. 

On 10/4/2016 at 8:31 AM, Awakelive said:

God has restored the knowledge it is contained in the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution creating a separation of church and state but the wicked one has deceived the whole world and usurped the powers of the church to establish welfare healthcare education in the government of law fulfilling the proverb the dog has returned to his vomit.

I believe that these statements are total nonsense.  He died because of the sin of the world caused by the fall of Adam.  Jesus died for the sins of the world to restore our relationship with the Living God.  You seem to be preaching a false gospel.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The question is what is the difference in Religion or a personal relationship with Christ? Anyone can have a religion but only the Born Again believer in Jesus Christ has a daily personal relationship with God.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

21 hours ago, Willa said:

You are so right, Rusty.  But the OP asked "what is religion" which I answered from James.  Had he asked "what is Christianity" I would have answered as you did.  Christianity is first a relationship with God.  It was formed by God' gift of Christ's crucifixion for the sins of the world, so that our sins could be put away and we can come into that relationship with Him.  Salvation is a gift and cannot be earned.  It is God's mercy upon mankind that prompted Him to create a way that mankind can come into His Presence.  We must repent from sinful lifestyles and receive Christ's death as payment for our sins;  Then, believe that God raised Him from the dead.  But even that awareness of our need of a Savior is God's doing since the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, righteousness and judgement.  Then He grants us faith to believe the Scriptures that Jesus arose from the dead.  Salvation is a free gift from God.

Good works were created by God for us to walk in, the outcome of His gift of faith.  When we are born again and Christ lives in us, we allow Him to prompt us to do His works born out of His love working through us.  It is this relationship of intimate communion with the Living God that we call Christianity.  

The old testament covenant of the law was made with the Hebrew nation that God called out of Egypt.  Yes, He did create within the Torah a form of social justice for the Jews.   But many statements in the premise are severely stretching what is said.  Tithes were a tax given to support the priests and the temple.  Many offerings to God and to the poor were free will.  There is not as sharp a separation between the legal government  and social justice as you indicated in the Old Testament.

I believe that these statements are total nonsense.  He died because of the sin of the world caused by the fall of Adam.  Jesus died for the sins of the world to restore our relationship with the Living God.  You seem to be preaching a false gospel.  

I"m preaching a false Gospel.  I said originally, that Religion was man's attempt to reach God through works.  And that only when we come into a relationship with God through through Jesus Christ and  repentance are we saved.    That's false? Or are you speaking to someone else?

30 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I"m preaching a false Gospel.  I said originally, that Religion was man's attempt to reach God through works.  And that only when we come into a relationship with God through through Jesus Christ and  repentance are we saved.    That's false? Or are you speaking to someone else?

Silly girl!  I reinforce what you said, the true gospel, and then quoted parts of awakealive's OP which are twisting the gospel to align with liberation theology or something very similar.  The latter is another gospel and heresy. 

So I agree with you and disagree with the latter two quotes from awakealive.  Sorry for the confusion.

2 hours ago, Willa said:

Silly girl!  I reinforce what you said, the true gospel, and then quoted parts of awakealive's OP which are twisting the gospel to align with liberation theology or something very similar.  The latter is another gospel and heresy. 

So I agree with you and disagree with the latter two quotes from awakealive.  Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry Willa, I injured my shoulder and I have not been feeling really on top.. Thanks sis!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Sorry Willa, I injured my shoulder and I have not been feeling really on top.. Thanks sis!

Well, it sounds like you need some prayer :th_praying:

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Well, it sounds like you need some prayer :th_praying:

Yes sister, thank you.

Also praying that God will repair your shoulder and take away all the pain.  Our God is the husband of widows as well as our Great Physician.  He is our help in trouble

Psa 3:3  But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.  Psa 3:4  I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.  Psa 3:5  I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.

Psm 20 ESV  May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob protect you!  Psa 20:2  May he send you help from the sanctuary and give you support from Zion!  Psa 20:3  May he remember all your offerings and regard with favor your burnt sacrifices! Selah.  Psa 20:4  May he grant you your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans!  Psa 20:5  May we shout for joy over your salvation, and in the name of our God set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions!  Psa 20:6  Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed; he will answer him from his holy heaven with the saving might of his right hand.  Psa 20:7  Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.  Psa 20:8  They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand upright.  Psa 20:9  O LORD, save the king! May he answer us when we call.

Psa 91:14  "Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name.  Psa 91:15  When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.  Psa 91:16  With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."