Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Studying Bible prophesy I came across a strange prophesy pertaining to Egypt yet to be fulfilled, Ezekiel, Chapter 29. It's self evident this prophesy has yet to be fulfilled, contrary to what my Bible commentary says. I'd like to here your opinions and eschatology on this end-time event.

For brevity I'll skip my belief in a Psalm 83: war, to drive Israel into the sea (inner ring Muslim nations surrounding Israel), and the separate Gog / Magog invasion (outer ring Muslim nations, Russia & allies) to take a spoil. Other than to say, Egypt being a bitter enemy of Israel for millennium’s is not listed as a participant in the Gog / Magog invasion (to take a spoil). Is Egypt still around then as a player? I don't believe so.

I'll make this as brief as I can.

Ezekiel 29:10 (KJV) Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. {emphasis mine}

To my knowledge there has never been a tower at Syene historically.

Syene – An Egyptian city, it was located on the east bank of the Nile on the site of modern Aswan, some 550 miles South of Cairo. - The Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible, Volume 5.

Finished in 1970, today at that exact site (Syene) sits Aswan Dam, 12,570 feet long, 3,220 feet wide at its base and 364 feet tall. It holds back trillions of gallons of Nile water. It was built with the assistance of Russian technology and financing (imagine that). And it gets better folks!

At that site shadowing the Nile, a five pillar tower (5 pillars of Islam?) was constructed named, “Friendship Monument”, in honor of Russia helping Egypt build the Aswan Dam. Imagine that, Ezekiel prophesying a tower at that site thousands of years ago!

The overwhelming majority of the Egyptian population lives right next to the Nile River for obvious reasons. The rest of the country is dry, sand and barren.

It is known that the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) had plans at one time to destroy the Aswan dam in 1967 and after, but didn't. What would happen if a nuclear bomb was dropped on Aswan dam?

Trillions of gallons of flood water would rush North towards the Mediterranean Sea wiping out that portion of Egypt's population with flood water. A radioactive cloud of rain would be carried South over Egypt along the Nile by the prevalent Southern Mediterranean winds, wiping out the remaining population. The land would be uninhabitable for forty years as the Bible predicts.

What will be the flash point for this to occur and when? With ISIS on the march, radical Islam breaking out, Islamic States being toppled, the problems with the Russians, Chinese and Syria, etc. Something will occur that the IDF needs to effectively take out Egypt completely and fast.

I postulate this will occur soon and possibly be the trigger that sets off end-time events.

Your thoughts?

Friendship Tower.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

It's self evident this prophesy has yet to be fulfilled, contrary to what my Bible commentary says.

Actually, in Ezekiel 29:1-16, there are two parts to this prophecy.  One was already fulfilled (vv 1-11) when Babylon became dominant.  One is yet future and pertains to the Day of the Lord (vv 12-16).

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/5/2016 at 5:31 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Studying Bible prophesy I came across a strange prophesy pertaining to Egypt yet to be fulfilled, Ezekiel, Chapter 29. It's self evident this prophesy has yet to be fulfilled, contrary to what my Bible commentary says. I'd like to here your opinions and eschatology on this end-time event.

Hi Dennis,

Regarding the scripture you are referring to, I do believe this has been fulfilled.  I am in the process of doing a verse by verse study of Ezekiel but I haven't gotten that far yet so I had to jump ahead and read what it says.  Since I can't repeat the whole topic word-for-word, the condensed version according to the study I am reading from (Shepherd's Notes) says that the prophecy was fulfilled in 570 B.C. when Pharaoh Hophra was defeated by the Greeks of Cyrene.  At that time,  Amasis also led an army revolt against Hophra, who was killed.  Amasis then proclaimed himself king.    (verses 13-16) At the end of Egypt's 40 year subjugation, the Egyptian nation would be restored to Pathros, in southern Egypt, where the nation had its beginnings.  The 40 year subjugation probably refers to Nebuchadnezzar's subjugation of Egypt when he attacked in 568 B.C.  It goes on to indicate that the Egyptians may have been taken captive by Nebuchadnezzar into Babylon and then later allowed to return under Cyrus's decree.  Henceforth, Egypt would be a lowly kingdom unable to lead other nations astray.  This prophecy has been fulfilled in the more than 2,000 years since; in all its subsequent years, Egypt has never again regained its former grandeur.   

I have also done a verse by verse study on Isaiah also and this is something for you to consider.  Isaiah 19:18-24 says that in the future when Christ reigns on earth, Egypt will acknowledge God the Father and will be blessed, along with Assyria.  They will become one with Israel.  This is a future prophecy that is yet to be fulfilled.  See below.  "In that day" refers to the future when Christ rules in the Millennium.

Egypt, Assyria, and Israel Blessed

18 In that day five cities in the land of Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear by the Lord of hosts; one will be called the City of Destruction.[d]

19 In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord at its border. 20 And it will be for a sign and for a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the Lord because of the oppressors, and He will send them a Savior and a Mighty One, and He will deliver them. 21 Then the Lord will be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know the Lord in that day, and will make sacrifice and offering; yes, they will make a vow to the Lord and perform it. 22 And the Lord will strike Egypt, He will strike and heal it; they will return to the Lord, and He will be entreated by them and heal them.

23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian will come into Egypt and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians will serve with the Assyrians.

24 In that day Israel will be one of three with Egypt and Assyria—a blessing in the midst of the land, 25 whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.”         Isaiah 19:18-24 NKJV

• Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

On 06/10/2016 at 5:31 AM, Dennis1209 said:

For brevity I'll skip my belief in a Psalm 83: war, to drive Israel into the sea (inner ring Muslim nations surrounding Israel), and the separate Gog / Magog invasion (outer ring Muslim nations, Russia & allies) to take a spoil. Other than to say, Egypt being a bitter enemy of Israel for millennium’s is not listed as a participant in the Gog / Magog invasion (to take a spoil). Is Egypt still around then as a player? I don't believe so.

Ezekiel 29:10 (KJV) Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. {emphasis mine}

Hi Dennis1209

God is speaking of spiritual Egypt, the land of the uncircumsized.  All who refuse to circumsize their hearts belong to this land spiritually called Egypt.  It covers all people.

During the millennium, physical Egypt will be saved, but there will be pockets of people from everywhere who still refuse to change (refuse to circumsize their hearts) This is the Egypt God is speaking of. Them.  Preaching will cover the earth, but after 40 years, there will be some stubborn ones again.

Ezekiel 29:3   Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself.

Ezekiel 29:4   But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales.

Satan is the dragon which lies in the midst of his rivers, and after the 1000 years, he will be let loose to draw these uncircumsized to himself.

rivers= false beliefs

Hey All,

Ezekiel 28-29 is indeed a hard study and can and has been interrupted a multitude of ways. I take it as a dual prophecy, one that has come to pass, and one that is yet in the future. I think one of the keys is the land is uninhabitable for 40 years, and the descriptions strongly suggest the use of a nuclear weapon. 

Instead of me writing paragraphs to explain my thoughts further (a picture is worth a thousand words), here's a good YouTube video with Gary Stearman that does a much better job than I ever could explaining my eschatology on the destruction of Egypt if you're interested in watching it. I think it's about thirty minutes long. The link is:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/5/2016 at 4:31 PM, Dennis1209 said:

To my knowledge there has never been a tower at Syene historically.

Syene – An Egyptian city, it was located on the east bank of the Nile on the site of modern Aswan, some 550 miles South of Cairo. - The Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible, Volume 5.

Finished in 1970, today at that exact site (Syene) sits Aswan Dam, 12,570 feet long, 3,220 feet wide at its base and 364 feet tall. It holds back trillions of gallons of Nile water. It was built with the assistance of Russian technology and financing (imagine that). And it gets better folks!

At that site shadowing the Nile, a five pillar tower (5 pillars of Islam?) was constructed named, “Friendship Monument”, in honor of Russia helping Egypt build the Aswan Dam. Imagine that, Ezekiel prophesying a tower at that site thousands of years ago!

The overwhelming majority of the Egyptian population lives right next to the Nile River for obvious reasons. The rest of the country is dry, sand and barren.

It is known that the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) had plans at one time to destroy the Aswan dam in 1967 and after, but didn't. What would happen if a nuclear bomb was dropped on Aswan dam?

Trillions of gallons of flood water would rush North towards the Mediterranean Sea wiping out that portion of Egypt's population with flood water. A radioactive cloud of rain would be carried South over Egypt along the Nile by the prevalent Southern Mediterranean winds, wiping out the remaining population. The land would be uninhabitable for forty years as the Bible predicts.

What will be the flash point for this to occur and when? With ISIS on the march, radical Islam breaking out, Islamic States being toppled, the problems with the Russians, Chinese and Syria, etc. Something will occur that the IDF needs to effectively take out Egypt completely and fast.

I postulate this will occur soon and possibly be the trigger that sets off end-time events.

Your thoughts?

Friendship Tower.jpg

Towards the end of Ezek.29, God tells how He brought up the king of Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar) against Egypt, and that Egypt would no longer be a ruler over nations, but would become a base nation. That was history. It came to pass. If it also has another application for the end, then it would have to involve the coming Antichrist at the end of this world. The Daniel 11 prophecy does suggest the "vile person" would control Egypt.

14 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hey All,

Ezekiel 28-29 is indeed a hard study and can and has been interrupted a multitude of ways. I take it as a dual prophecy, one that has come to pass, and one that is yet in the future. I think one of the keys is the land is uninhabitable for 40 years, and the descriptions strongly suggest the use of a nuclear weapon. 

Still cannot understand?

Gary Stearman does not understand either.

I will show you how his explanation contradicts scripture;

The False Prophet will be given rule for only 3 1/2 yrs, then that's it, ....his Kingdom will be taken by Christ at his Coming.  Keep in mind 3 1/2 years rule.

The False Prophet also goes down and conquers Egypt.

Daniel 11:36   And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

Daniel 11:37   Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Daniel 11:38   But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

Daniel 11:41   He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

Daniel 11:42   He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

Daniel 11:43   But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

If you read on for yourself, you will see that the False Prophet (the King of the North) is conquering nations there also in the Middle East, he takes Jerusalem first, then...he takes Egypt,... but... Libya and Ethiopia are at his steps.  He doesn't quite get there because he hears news that the King of the East (Iran and his allies) and the King of the North, far north (Russia), is coming.  This is the great 3WW spoken of in Rev

Revelation 16:12   And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Egypt is still there.  Do we have time for a 40 yr period when the end is so near?

Ezekiel is addressing the Pharoah, but speaking to Satan because Satan was there in Egypt when he caused his rivers (worship of false gods, false belief systems) to pollute man.  The spirit of the dragon is his teachings to not conform to the true God (remain uncircumsized of the heart).

Satan's deception to man through false teaching is spiritually called Egypt, and these false teachings have survived throughout time.  We should learn to decipher when God is speaking about the physical land of Egypt and the "spirit of Egypt". In Ezekiel God is using Egypt as a metaphor for the land of the uncircumsized.

During the millennium, with Satan locked up and kept away from the world, the truth will flow out of the kingdom....there are no false beliefs, only truth now,  but after 40 years, some will still not take pleasure in the truth, therefore these people will receive no rain, and the man living to 100 will be cursed etc (Isaiah 65.20, Zech 14:17).  These people who refuse to circumcise their hearts, during the millennium are spiritually called Egypt, named after their spiritual beginnings,..therefore the children of Satan still remains on this earth, holding that same spirit of Egypt.  These are held back from committing wars etc for 1000 yrs, but not held back to what they hold in their hearts.  You have to ask what on earth can lead them astray after 40 yrs of preaching truth if Satan is locked up?

The hooks in the dragons jaws is Satan's teachings.  This is the lure he will use to draw the ungodly to himself for one last time,....therefore the need to let Satan out of his prison after the 1000 yrs for one last time so that his children will cling to him like a magnet. He will lead them into a ditch like he did a thousand years before, and now the world can be rid of his children for good.

Edited by Sister

Thanks for the replies everyone.

It's informative and beneficial to get different views and opinions and discuss complicated biblical topics, as ones own could be incorrect or incomplete. 

A thought occurred to me reading the various interpretations of scripture on these forums, and by no means am I disparaging or criticizing anyone. Ever participated in a criminal jury trial (or watched it on television)? Where the expert (scholar) for the prosecution gets up on the stand and gives his testimony, followed by the defense expert (scholar) who's testimony is 180 degrees opposite of the prosecutions expert? Both had the exact same facts and evidence yet came to very different conclusions? As a juror you know one of the two are 'way off the mark'. As a juror, how do you determine whom is right? 

Hi Dennis120

You are most welcome, and I like your courtroom scenario.

Both are given the same facts which is the scripture in Ezekiel 29.  

Ezekiel 29:10 (KJV) Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia.

Looks straight forward, and is speaking of a nation we are all familiar with.  If anyone were to pick up the bible who didn't have a clue, they could say, yes it's speaking of Egypt, but the question is has this been fulfilled, or is God speaking of a time in the future, before the Coming, or during the millennium perhaps?

To answer, one would have to put all the scriptures together because it's only going to go one way, according to God's plan.  Egypt has never been utterly waste and desolate as there are people still living there today.  Egypt will still be there when the False prophet comes, and his time is short, only 3 1/2 years to the coming.  Where can one fit this forty year scenario in then?  It wont fit, not unless you think the coming is about in 50 yrs or so?

By me going deeper into the rabbit hole explaining that God was speaking to Satan, and that his "rivers" are the belief systems he created, has totally put one off track,...who is this nutter speaking such strange things? so let's forget about this for now, and concentrate on the physical land of Egypt.  Does it still fit all those other scriptures that speak of the end times when put together?

For the record I am no scholar.  Scholars are the modern day scribes and pharisees.  They claim to have authority over the scriptures, and give no man the freedom to think for themselves and reason.  Christ said he will feed his sheep.  We can only be fed through "his word", the written word, which has all authority.