Sign in to follow this  
GoodFruit

Avocado Chocolate Pudding

This is a must try recipe.  I make it all the time and you would never know it is made with avocado.  Seriously!!  I have fooled several people who had no clue!

THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!

Ingredients:

1 perfectly ripe Hass avocado (not too soft or overripe)

1/3 cup of lowfat milk or unsweetened almond milk (unflavored)

1 tsp. vanilla extract

4 Tbsp. baking cocoa powder (do not use the extra dark type)

3-4 Tbsp. Agave nectar (to taste) [or 1/4-1/3 cup sugar substitute (Splenda?) or real sugar if you prefer]

Peel and pit avocado; cut into pieces and place into a food processor or high quality blender.  Add all remaining ingredients and process for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy, and pudding consistency.  Scrape sides of processor bowl and process again.  Refrigerate until chilled.  Yield: approximately 1 1/2 cups.

My notes:  I have great success with my Ninja processor and have also used my Magic Bullet too.  If using real sugar, it needs to be dissolved in a very small amount of hot water so it is not grainy.  Recipe can be easily doubled, I do it all the time.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've had a variation of this before - it is heavenly! Avocado has such a nice creamy consistency, and it lends itself to all types of recipes like this.  I had this once with mint in it too, and that was delicious.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JesusGivesLifeMeaning said:

I've had a variation of this before - it is heavenly! Avocado has such a nice creamy consistency, and it lends itself to all types of recipes like this.  I had this once with mint in it too, and that was delicious.

That sounds awesome, I love chocolate mint.  I never thought about combining flavors.  You just gave me several ideas.  Thank You!

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, JesusGivesLifeMeaning said:

I can advise you on "all things dessert", lol. :D

Hehe and I can advise you on all things food!  I love to cook!  I could actually spend a lot of time on this thread posting recipes!  I have a cookbook and recipe collecting fetish.  :laugh:  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2016-10-06 at 10:00 PM, GoodFruit said:

This is a must try recipe.  I make it all the time and you would never know it is made with avocado.  Seriously!!  I have fooled several people who had no clue!

THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!

Ingredients:

1 tsp. vanilla extract

3-4 Tbsp. Agave nectar (to taste) [or 1/4-1/3 cup sugar substitute (Splenda?) or real sugar if you prefer]

Peel and pit avocado; cut into pieces and place into a food processor or high quality blender.  Add all remaining ingredients and process for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy, and pudding consistency.  Scrape sides of processor bowl and process again.  Refrigerate until chilled.  Yield: approximately 1 1/2 cups.

My notes:  I have great success with my Ninja processor and have also used my Magic Bullet too.  If using real sugar, it needs to be dissolved in a very small amount of hot water so it is not grainy.  Recipe can be easily doubled, I do it all the time.

Thank you so much Goodfruit;

I will definately try this recipe. : )

On 8 October 2016 at 10:05 AM, GoodFruit said:

I have a cookbook and recipe collecting fetish.  :laugh:  

Ha ha! I totally relate👍

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/6/2016 at 11:00 PM, GoodFruit said:

THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!

Ingredients:

1 tsp. vanilla extract

:) I used to make it often,it's very good and very healthy :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I  might wanna try this sometime! :D I'd use xylitol or stevia to sweeten... all natural, non-gmo, and stevia adds zero calories.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this