GoodFruit

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I don't usually make too much out of predictive articles, but there appears to be some truths considering the recent events in the Middle East with Syria, Russia, the US involvement, etc.  Interesting to say the least!

http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/76487/war-gog-magog-happening-eyes-middle-east-europe-says-rabbi/#vHw5VgC6xicXPEFW.97

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

On 10/8/2016 at 2:20 AM, GoodFruit said:

I don't usually make too much out of predictive articles, but there appears to be some truths considering the recent events in the Middle East with Syria, Russia, the US involvement, etc.  Interesting to say the least!

http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/76487/war-gog-magog-happening-eyes-middle-east-europe-says-rabbi/#vHw5VgC6xicXPEFW.97

There will be a period of false peace under the antichrist, and then true peace under Jesus. Kabbalistic Jews as per that article and also Catholics and Moslems and New Agers are looking forward to this earlier period of peace. True believers  look forward to the final period of peace under Jesus.

The Order of events is :

1) The rise of Istanbul over a vast Middle Eastern area.

2) The support of Istanbul and Rome regarding the rise of Israel and the antichrist. 

3) 3.5 years of rule by the antichrist, who comes to power in Israel. This will be a false peace.

4) The second coming , the true resoration of Israel

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My opinion is Gog and Magog refer to Russia, China allies.

Gog sounds something similar to the “nation” in mandarin. I believe Magog refers to Mongolia. This means “a nation in the land of Mongolia”.

I give you two scriptures that prove to my assumptions.

1. Ezekiel 38:15 mentioned that one of these ten nations is located in the far north.

2. Revelation 16:12 mentioned that some of these ten nations are from the east.

So, I believe it should be Russia China Alliance.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I believe that there are two Gog Magog's.

It is important to recognize that the Gog and Magog of Ezekiel 38-39 is quite different from the one in Revelation 20:7-8. Below are some of the more obvious reasons why these refer to different people and battles.

1. In the battle of Ezekiel 38-39, the armies come primarily from the north and involve only a few nations of the earth (Ezekiel 38:6, 15; 39:2). The battle in Revelation 20:7-9 will involve all nations, so armies will come from all directions, not just from the north.

2. There is no mention of Satan in the context of Ezekiel 38-39. In Revelation 20:7 the context clearly places the battle at the end of the millennium with Satan as the primary character.

3. Ezekiel 39:11-12 states that the dead will be buried for seven months. There would be no need to bury the dead if the battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is the one described in Revelation 20:8-9, for immediately following Revelation 20:8-9 is the Great White Throne judgment (20:11-15) and then the current or present heaven and earth are destroyed, replaced by a new heaven and earth (Revelation 21:1). There obviously will be a need to bury the dead if the battle takes place in the early part of the tribulation, for the land of Israel will be occupied for another 1,000 years, the length of the millennial kingdom (Revelation 20:4-6).

4. The battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is used by God to bring Israel back to Him (Ezekiel 39:21-29). In Revelation 20, Israel has been faithful to God for 1,000 years (the millennial kingdom). Those in Revelation 20:7-10 who are rebellious are destroyed without any more opportunity for repentance.

https://gotquestions.org/Gog-Magog.html

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Not really.  That is an attempt to fit Scripture into man-made ideas. That's been going on for a long time.

• 5 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

Learn that "gog" is in fact Satan [Ezekiel 38:17]

This is necessary for the student of Bible prophecy to know

For example: Satan will cause another human rebellion against the Lord and Israel 1000 years after the battle of Armageddon [Revelation 19:11-21; 20:1-3; 20:7-10]

Once this is understood that the Lord is addressing Satan in Ezekiel 38 much will clear up when rendering the other related prophecies

If any have questions I will answer

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/27/2016 at 11:44 PM, missmuffet said:

It is important to recognize that the Gog and Magog of Ezekiel 38-39 is quite different from the one in Revelation 20:7-8. Below are some of the more obvious reasons why these refer to different people and battles.

1. In the battle of Ezekiel 38-39, the armies come primarily from the north and involve only a few nations of the earth (Ezekiel 38:6, 15; 39:2). The battle in Revelation 20:7-9 will involve all nations, so armies will come from all directions, not just from the north.

2. There is no mention of Satan in the context of Ezekiel 38-39. In Revelation 20:7 the context clearly places the battle at the end of the millennium with Satan as the primary character.

3. Ezekiel 39:11-12 states that the dead will be buried for seven months. There would be no need to bury the dead if the battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is the one described in Revelation 20:8-9, for immediately following Revelation 20:8-9 is the Great White Throne judgment (20:11-15) and then the current or present heaven and earth are destroyed, replaced by a new heaven and earth (Revelation 21:1). There obviously will be a need to bury the dead if the battle takes place in the early part of the tribulation, for the land of Israel will be occupied for another 1,000 years, the length of the millennial kingdom (Revelation 20:4-6).

4. The battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is used by God to bring Israel back to Him (Ezekiel 39:21-29). In Revelation 20, Israel has been faithful to God for 1,000 years (the millennial kingdom). Those in Revelation 20:7-10 who are rebellious are destroyed without any more opportunity for repentance.

That's my hermeneutics also MM. With the exception of sticking Psalm 83: in there prior to Eze 38: 39:, and the destruction of Damascus, Syria by the IDF, and Elam (SW Iranian Bushehr nuclear facility), possibly from a great earthquake or an IDF strike?

Based on current events, it wouldn't surprise me if I get up one morning shortly to hear Damascus is a city no more and is leveled. Almost everyone has fled the city except for Israel's enemies, ISIS and terrorists groups, as is well known. It would be the perfect time for a preemptive air strike. I suspect when Israeli intelligence gets wind they are going to turn their attention to them.... My hunch is it's just around the corner. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, Dennis1209 said:

That's my hermeneutics also MM. With the exception of sticking Psalm 83: in there prior to Eze 38: 39:, and the destruction of Damascus, Syria by the IDF, and Elam (SW Iranian Bushehr nuclear facility), possibly from a great earthquake or an IDF strike?

Based on current events, it wouldn't surprise me if I get up one morning shortly to hear Damascus is a city no more and is leveled. Almost everyone has fled the city except for Israel's enemies, ISIS and terrorists groups, as is well known. It would be the perfect time for a preemptive air strike. I suspect when Israeli intelligence gets wind they are going to turn their attention to them.... My hunch is it's just around the corner. 

Yes, I am with you :)

• Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

There are two human rebellions against the Lord and Israel recorded in the prophetic scriptures 1000 years apart

However, learn that "gog" is Satan .... the one who instigates both rebellions [Ezekiel 38:17; Revelation 20:7-8]

"Gog" is a symbol for the devil and "Magog" is the symbol for the rebelling nations

The "land" of Magog [northwestern Mesopotamia] was inhabited by those who separated from the Lord's providence and direction against the Lord shortly after the Noahic flood

This same "land" region is still in the northern Middle East today and where the attack upon Israel in Ezekiel's account will come from [the vortex of Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran]

These people are the adherents of Islam today .... Israel's virulent enemies

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0481711,40.7251594,4.08z

Note that Satan's next instigation will be from all parts of the earth 1000 years later

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,625
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/27/2016 at 10:44 PM, missmuffet said:

Used to think this was true as well. Since this subject comes up quite a bit I started looking into a little more.

I don't see them as different. I see the details between the two narratives of the Gog/Magog action as enhancing the big picture. 

I don't think we can come to such a conclusion. Just because a detail is not mentioned does not mean that a certain event cannot, or will not exist. No refutation, limitation or demand of scope, exists in either Ezekiel or Revelation of the Gog/Magog army. What I mean is Rev does not somehow refute the idea that the armies of earth gathered with Gog are limited to the north. In fact Ezekiel states that Libya, Ethiopia, and Persia are with Gog, and Gomer, which is apparently Eastern Europe, and 'many people'. The 'many people' could refer to nations not listed in Ezekiel, and probably does.  From Ezekiel it looks as though the nations of the Gog/Magog war are from at least 3 continents, Asia, Africa, and Europe, with the addition of 'many people'.

Whom do you suppose is behind war on earth? Maybe you think the Ezekiel war is fomented by Reptilians. Maybe Tralfamadorians? 

Well...you don't know that. It's a guess based on nothing really. How do you know there isn't a period of time between the end of the millennium and the beginning of the great judgement? And just a glance at the great judgement suggests it will take a great many years to complete. You didn't think the great white throne judgement would be done in a day or a week did you? I don't see how that would be possible if the dead are all judged by what is written in the books, and the books are opened and the dead judged by what is written, and likely read, from the books.

It would seem to me that after such a war at the end of the millennium, or we are seeing details about Armageddon, fits much better. As the men of continual employ are burying the bones, travelers are streaming to Jerusalem from all over the earth to pay homage to the Lamb. Conversely, you believe that a great army is going to be slaughtered by the Most High when the beast is the power on earth.  You also believe that Gog/Magog is going to be completely destroyed on the mountains of Israel, God raining down fire and brimstone and making his presence known, and sanctifying himself, before the rise of the beast, the mark of the beast, before the A of D and before Armageddon. This whole Eze war looks much closer to Armageddon than a war 7 years prior to day of the Lord. 

What is missing here and in many interpretations of this prophecy is this: Eze 38:11 "And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates," In order for the prophecy to come true the above condition must exist. It certainly does not exist today. Israel does not dwell in safety, nor are they at rest. There are bars and gates and fences and walls everywhere in Israel. Even if that were not true Israel certainly does not dwell safely nor are they at rest. If then prophecy has to manifest in 100% accuracy then there is no Eze 38-39 war coming at the beginning, or near to the beginning, of the 70th week.