• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, OakWood said:

What are you talking about 'look up'?

I know what the Sun, Moon and stars are. They are above us. What has that got to do with anything?

Let's look at Genesis 1 shall we?

Verse 14:

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Notice the word 'in' which I have highlighted in bold.

Verses 16 and 17:

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Tell me what exactly do you think the greater and lesser lights are if they are not the Sun and Moon? On what day did God create these lesser and greater lights? Notice that they were set in the firmament to give light upon the Earth. Does the Sun not give light upon the Earth?

No thanks, we have studied these scriptures for many years. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, the heaven included the sun moon and stars. The Scriptures following describe a destroyed earth, an earth that was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep, ie, flooded. A perfect God does not create imperfect things. The six days describe the recreation of the destroyed earth to a habitable state before God created man.

• Group:  Royal Member

The creation of the entire universe, including the earth, must be understood as an instantaneous creation at the command of God. When God created the universe in the beginning, He also designed and created the Law of Gravity. God introduced the Law of Gravity for the stability and for the continual existence of the universe. All bodies in the universe are held together and maintain their orbits because of gravitation. Smaller bodies are held in their orbits by bigger bodies. Moons orbit planets, planets orbit stars, stars orbit galactic centres, and galaxies orbit other galaxies in clusters.

The important point to understand is that it is impossible for the moon to exist without the earth, and it is impossible for the earth to exist without the sun, and for the sun to exist without our galaxy, the Milky Way, and for the Milky Way to exist without other galaxies. So, the whole universe must have been created instantaneously for it to exist, and this is exactly what God did in the beginning, as Psalm 148:5 above confirms, ‘
He commanded and they were created’.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

2 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

No thanks, we have studied these scriptures for many years. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, the heaven included the sun moon and stars. The Scriptures following describe a destroyed earth, an earth that was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep, ie, flooded. A perfect God does not create imperfect things. The six days describe the recreation of the destroyed earth to a habitable state before God created man.

"No thanks we've studied scripture for years?" What is that supposed to mean?

I've clearly pointed out to you that the Sun was not created until the fourth day. If you can debunk that then go through these verses and explain to me where I'm going wrong. If you're not prepared to go through them then you're clearly not a fan of scripture at all and you're clearly not prepared to show a fellow Christian like myself where his misunderstandings lie..

Explain to me exactly what the greater and lesser lights are if they are not the Sun and Moon.

Explain to me what verses 16 and 17 are all about.

Explain to me why God created the heaven and Earth in the beginning and afterwards he said 'let there be light'. Why was there no light there already if he created the Sun at the same time he created the Earth?

9 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The creation of the entire universe, including the earth, must be understood as an instantaneous creation at the command of God. When God created the universe in the beginning, He also designed and created the Law of Gravity. God introduced the Law of Gravity for the stability and for the continual existence of the universe. All bodies in the universe are held together and maintain their orbits because of gravitation. Smaller bodies are held in their orbits by bigger bodies. Moons orbit planets, planets orbit stars, stars orbit galactic centres, and galaxies orbit other galaxies in clusters.

The important point to understand is that it is impossible for the moon to exist without the earth, and it is impossible for the earth to exist without the sun, and for the sun to exist without our galaxy, the Milky Way, and for the Milky Way to exist without other galaxies. So, the whole universe must have been created instantaneously for it to exist, and this is exactly what God did in the beginning, as Psalm 148:5 above confirms, ‘
He commanded and they were created’.

There are no galaxies. You've fallen for a lie.

It's perfectly possible for the Earth to exist without the stars, the Sun or the Moon. In fact they were not created until the fourth day. Genesis 1:16-17 tells us that.

3 minutes ago, OakWood said:

"No thanks we've studied scripture for years?" What is that supposed to mean?

I've clearly pointed out to you that the Sun was not created until the fourth day. If you can debunk that then go through these verses and explain to me where I'm going wrong. If you're not prepared to go through them then you're clearly not a fan of scripture at all and you're clearly not prepared to show a fellow Christian like myself where his misunderstandings lie..

Explain to me exactly what the greater and lesser lights are if they are not the Sun and Moon.

Explain to me what verses 16 and 17 are all about.

Explain to me why God created the heaven and Earth in the beginning and afterwards he said 'let there be light'. Why was there no light there already if he created the Sun at the same time he created the Earth?

That's easy to explain using Scripture alone.

That's easy to explain using Scripture. Scriptures show that originally, Long before Adam and Eve were created, God created the Heaven and the Earth and placed Lucifer as ruler of the society there.

God gave Lucifer control of the Earth kingdom (Rev. 12:12; Ezek. 28:11-18; Isa. 14:12-14).

Lucifer obeyed God and ruled for an unknown time before "Iniquity was found in him. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee" (Ezek. 28:13-15).

Before Adam Lucifer was the ruler of the Earth.

God is taking about Lucifer in these Scriptures. He was a perfect created angelic arc angel; "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee" (Ezek. 28:13-15).

Lucifer convinced one third of God's angels to turn against God because he wanted to control the universe and knock God off His throne. He over a long period of time convinced one third of God's angels to rebell with him and they rebelled against God and His universal rule, and invaded heaven to try and de-throne God Himself. (Ezek 28:11-18; Isa. 14:12-14).

Naturally Lucifer was defeated, and his kingdom on the earth was totally destroyed by a flood and by the fierce anger of God (Gen. 1;2; Jer. 4:23-26; Ps. 104:5-9; 2 Pet. 3:5-6), hence the severe geological contortions of the earth's crust, vast deposits of bones in various places world wide, fossiles thousands or millions of years old etc. The earth was turned upside down in this process, ever wondered why the moon is poc marked by countless craters, and yet we never see anything plowing into it these days causing such destruction. What about the other dead planets in our immediate solar system? The flood God caused to cover the earth remained for an unknown period of time, and then God, in six days restored the earth to a habitable state and made Adam and his creation to carry out the original plan of God concerning the Earth (Gen. 1:3-2:25).

Lucifer and his spirit rebels caused man to fall and by this regained dominion of the earth through Adams submission (2 Cor. 11:3; Eph. 2:1-3; 6:10-18; Rom. 5:12-21). Lucifer has been in control ever since and he will remain in control untill the second coming of Jesus Christ who will put down all rebellion in the Millennium. God will then finally make a New heavens and a New Earth wherein dwelleth righteousness forever (1 Cor. 15:24-28; Rev. 19:11-22:5).

1 minute ago, OakWood said:

There are no galaxies. You've fallen for a lie.

It's perfectly possible for the Earth to exist without the stars, the Sun or the Moon. In fact they were not created until the fourth day. Genesis 1:16-17 tells us that.

No galaxies? that's news to me! That's your own personal opinion, nothing more.

Just now, HAZARD said:

That's easy to explain using Scripture alone.

That's easy to explain using Scripture. Scriptures show that originally, Long before Adam and Eve were created, God created the Heaven and the Earth and placed Lucifer as ruler of the society there.

God gave Lucifer control of the Earth kingdom (Rev. 12:12; Ezek. 28:11-18; Isa. 14:12-14).

Lucifer obeyed God and ruled for an unknown time before "Iniquity was found in him. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee" (Ezek. 28:13-15).

Before Adam Lucifer was the ruler of the Earth.

God is taking about Lucifer in these Scriptures. He was a perfect created angelic arc angel; "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee" (Ezek. 28:13-15).

Lucifer convinced one third of God's angels to turn against God because he wanted to control the universe and knock God off His throne. He over a long period of time convinced one third of God's angels to rebell with him and they rebelled against God and His universal rule, and invaded heaven to try and de-throne God Himself. (Ezek 28:11-18; Isa. 14:12-14).

Naturally Lucifer was defeated, and his kingdom on the earth was totally destroyed by a flood and by the fierce anger of God (Gen. 1;2; Jer. 4:23-26; Ps. 104:5-9; 2 Pet. 3:5-6), hence the severe geological contortions of the earth's crust, vast deposits of bones in various places world wide, fossiles thousands or millions of years old etc. The earth was turned upside down in this process, ever wondered why the moon is poc marked by countless craters, and yet we never see anything plowing into it these days causing such destruction. What about the other dead planets in our immediate solar system? The flood God caused to cover the earth remained for an unknown period of time, and then God, in six days restored the earth to a habitable state and made Adam and his creation to carry out the original plan of God concerning the Earth (Gen. 1:3-2:25).

Lucifer and his spirit rebels caused man to fall and by this regained dominion of the earth through Adams submission (2 Cor. 11:3; Eph. 2:1-3; 6:10-18; Rom. 5:12-21). Lucifer has been in control ever since and he will remain in control untill the second coming of Jesus Christ who will put down all rebellion in the Millennium. God will then finally make a New heavens and a New Earth wherein dwelleth righteousness forever (1 Cor. 15:24-28; Rev. 19:11-22:5).

You've avoided the question. Tell me what verses 16 and 17 mean? I'm not concerned with whether Lucifer messed the Earth up or not. The greater and lesser lights were created on the 4th day. Stop changing the subject.

3 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

No galaxies? that's news to me! That's your own personal opinion, nothing more.

No, it's a fact. Stop worshiping false idols and stick to scripture.

Just now, OakWood said:

You've avoided the question. Tell me what verses 16 and 17 mean? I'm not concerned with whether Lucifer messed the Earth up or not. The greater and lesser lights were created on the 4th day. Stop changing the subject.

I'm not avoiding anything. Sadly, if your not concerned with whether Lucifer messed the Earth up or not, your missing the whole picture.

V. 16,  And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Notice the word "MADE" used here, not created. There is a difference.

The lesser light, the moon is the lesser light, because it is not a ball of fire like the sun. The moon merely reflects the light of the sun. The stars are really suns to other solar systems like our sun is to our system.

33 minutes ago, OakWood said:

No, it's a fact. Stop worshiping false idols and stick to scripture.

Don't accuse me of worshiping false Gods and I am sticking to Scripture. In fact I am quoting many dozens of scriptures and not just hanging on to one, two or three hoping they are in line with your personal understanding of this entire doctrine.

Plus, there are millions of galaxies and stars out there that's a fact.