ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

I wonder if the anti-Jack-o-lantern people put up a Christmas Tree?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Some do, some don't, some pass in Easter eggs and candy and bunnies, when Ressurection Sunday rolls around.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, hmbld said:

Hi Ezra! 

I care not what day the Druids celebrated, I know Who creates each day, and He is greater than divination, occult, druid, or any other evil!  We need not fear evil, and if my grandkids eat a little candy on a day called Halloween, well I bet its the candy they think of, not druids!  I fear not Halloween, Christmas, Easter or any other day!  Many churches have their own celebrations and safe activities these days, and I say lets take back every day from any evil trying to claim a day God made!  Lets face it, Satan is in our face trying to scare us behind doors, lets all get out and reclaim each day as God has instructed us.  Did Jesus instruct everyone to be clean, holy, and perfect before He talked to them, or did He walk the filthy streets and heal the sick and touch the lepers?  One can have a false holiness about him and miss the second greatest commandment.  The druids may have entertained evil on a certain day, but the druids do not own Halloween!  

I think you are missing the mark with your comments.  Why not just treat it like an average typical day then rather than trying to turn it into a Christian day to celebrate something that isn’t Christian?  If a church wants to have a fall festival then why don’t they do it on a different day?  Like the weekend before or after Halloween?  You make it sound like the unbelievers hijacked the day from God and Christians have to take it back from them and make it a Christian celebration.  Why are Christians choosing to celebrate on that particular day in the first place if it means nothing to them and it’s all just silly fun and games?  By participating in the celebration in a “Christianized” way you are still acknowledging that October 31st has some kind of special significance.  You are debunking your entire theory of “taking back from evil a day God made” by making it more special than every single other day He’s made.  To Christians it should just be another day on the calendar. 

20 minutes ago, GoodFruit said:

I think you are missing the mark with your comments.  Why not just treat it like an average typical day then rather than trying to turn it into a Christian day to celebrate something that isn’t Christian?  If a church wants to have a fall festival then why don’t they do it on a different day?  Like the weekend before or after Halloween?  You make it sound like the unbelievers hijacked the day from God and Christians have to take it back from them and make it a Christian celebration.  Why are Christians choosing to celebrate on that particular day in the first place if it means nothing to them and it’s all just silly fun and games?  By participating in the celebration in a “Christianized” way you are still acknowledging that October 31st has some kind of special significance.  You are debunking your entire theory of “taking back from evil a day God made” by making it more special than every single other day He’s made.  To Christians it should just be another day on the calendar. 

Cannot the same be said for celebrating Christmas on Dec 25th?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

31 minutes ago, GoodFruit said:

Blessings to you

I do understand what you are saying & yes I do agree,to a degree-lol   I also agree with OotS...

But you see I think the reason is because the target audience is "children".....that is why I do what I do personally.....TV commercials,the stores advvertise ,the kids are all excited & preparing(well in advance_ and if it is just ignored then the Christian kids feel very 'left out".......& that opens a can of worms

I'll tell you about my cousin & his kids......My cousin was Born Again many many years ago,just after me....he was very excited as we all are & he became very extreme....he shut himself & his family out of the rest of the world in the most radical ways,he wouldn't visit my mom,who was like his 2nd mom (His Auntie,we are first cousins) because she had a TV,smoked cigarettes & had friends that were not Christians,etc,,,,he did not want to subject his children to that,he said.....he  banned them from TV,radio,public school & they were not to acknowledge any secular holidays or festivals.....they are evil,pagan etc.....   I was allowed to see them & I would visit from time to time and honestly,my heart would break whenever I saw these kids & my cousin.....we are IN the world & not of it,sure but we are IN it,,,,not out of it!!!!! Those kids were not permitted to do a thing & they always felt 'left out"...on the way to school or going food shopping they are not blind,they saw the decorations,kids laughing & having fun,,,they saw people living life .they saw kids being kids.....not them,.they were the Christians,the ones who were special,Gods children    Those kids grew up to resent God,they didnt know what it is to grow up with a big,warm,loving .close Italian family...who BTW,celebrated anything just to have a big  family get together with tables & tables of great food

My mom & dad,their moms & dads,me,my cousins.....we all grew up with Christmas & we all were taught it is the day to celebrate the birth of our LOrd jesus PLUS we had fun with everyone else......we all went trick or treating and for us it was simply fun before Thanksgiving,that's when you got your pumpkins & stuff to start preparing for November,that's all     My son went to public school & when all the other kids were telling each other what they were going to dress up as my son shared what he was going to be,,,YET,we were going to church,he had no clue that he was not a part of anything,never felt separate even though he was.....when he got older he told me he thought all the other kids were going to their churches,,,lol    Anyway,that ,I believe,is the reason we need to take back those days...for their sakes      Just my little 2 cents                          With love-in Christ,Kwik      (Easter too,we have 'Resurrection Day"....my kid thought all kids went to church Resurrection Sunday)

46 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings to you

I do understand what you are saying & yes I do agree,to a degree-lol   I also agree with OotS...

But you see I think the reason is because the target audience is "children".....that is why I do what I do personally.....TV commercials,the stores advvertise ,the kids are all excited & preparing(well in advance_ and if it is just ignored then the Christian kids feel very 'left out".......& that opens a can of worms

I'll tell you about my cousin & his kids......My cousin was Born Again many many years ago,just after me....he was very excited as we all are & he became very extreme....he shut himself & his family out of the rest of the world in the most radical ways,he wouldn't visit my mom,who was like his 2nd mom (His Auntie,we are first cousins) because she had a TV,smoked cigarettes & had friends that were not Christians,etc,,,,he did not want to subject his children to that,he said.....he  banned them from TV,radio,public school & they were not to acknowledge any secular holidays or festivals.....they are evil,pagan etc.....   I was allowed to see them & I would visit from time to time and honestly,my heart would break whenever I saw these kids & my cousin.....we are IN the world & not of it,sure but we are IN it,,,,not out of it!!!!! Those kids were not permitted to do a thing & they always felt 'left out"...on the way to school or going food shopping they are not blind,they saw the decorations,kids laughing & having fun,,,they saw people living life .they saw kids being kids.....not them,.they were the Christians,the ones who were special,Gods children    Those kids grew up to resent God,they didnt know what it is to grow up with a big,warm,loving .close Italian family...who BTW,celebrated anything just to have a big  family get together with tables & tables of great food

My mom & dad,their moms & dads,me,my cousins.....we all grew up with Christmas & we all were taught it is the day to celebrate the birth of our LOrd jesus PLUS we had fun with everyone else......we all went trick or treating and for us it was simply fun before Thanksgiving,that's when you got your pumpkins & stuff to start preparing for November,that's all     My son went to public school & when all the other kids were telling each other what they were going to dress up as my son shared what he was going to be,,,YET,we were going to church,he had no clue that he was not a part of anything,never felt separate even though he was.....when he got older he told me he thought all the other kids were going to their churches,,,lol    Anyway,that ,I believe,is the reason we need to take back those days...for their sakes      Just my little 2 cents                          With love-in Christ,Kwik      (Easter too,we have 'Resurrection Day"....my kid thought all kids went to church Resurrection Sunday)

Well said!  

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Cannot the same be said for celebrating Christmas on Dec 25th?

Indeed and Easter too!  I personally don't decorate for Christmas - haven't for the past several years for my own reasons.   The difference with Christmas and "Easter" (Resurrection Day to me) is that there is an actual Christian connection - CHRIST's birth into the world and CHRIST's resurrection from the grave and victory over death!  There is no connection to CHRIST in Halloween, in fact it is the polar opposite.  Bottom line is there is no good argument for a Christian to celebrate the dead!  You can masquerade it all you want behind pretty pumpkins and pretty dress up clothes, and not wanting a child to feel "left out" but I am sure God Almighty does not find it amusing in the least.  There is another Halloween thread under the Controversial subheading that has a couple good comments from others (last I checked).

You can do as you personally choose to do in your life.  Are you asking yourself if what you are doing is pleasing to God?    

1 minute ago, GoodFruit said:

Indeed and Easter too!  I personally don't decorate for Christmas - haven't for the past several years for my own reasons.   The difference with Christmas and "Easter" (Resurrection Day to me) is that there is an actual Christian connection - CHRIST's birth into the world and CHRIST's resurrection from the grave and victory over death!  There is no connection to CHRIST in Halloween, in fact it is the polar opposite.  Bottom line is there is no good argument for a Christian to celebrate the dead!  You can masquerade it all you want behind pretty pumpkins and pretty dress up clothes, and not wanting a child to feel "left out" but I am sure God Almighty does not find it amusing in the least.  There is another Halloween thread under the Controversial subheading that has a couple good comments from others (last I checked).

You can do as you personally choose to do in your life.  Are you asking yourself if what you are doing is pleasing to God?    

Christ was not born on Dec 25, it is a day stolen from pagans.  We added Christ birth to it.  So, why can we not add Christ to halloween?  

57 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings to you

Hi Kwik, below is what Remnantrob posted in the Controversial subheading under a separate Halloween thread.  Something for you to think about and decide if you want to continue to conform to the ways of this world.  Blessings to you! 

Remantrob said:

Participation in Halloween customs may seem innocent fun for children and adults, but it is one more way Satan can use to deceive people into thinking there is no harm in playing a little bit with the world of spirits and demons. Since many people no longer believe in the existence of a personal devil and his demons, they feel there is no harm in making fun of these “religious relics of the past.” The children are taught that there are no such beings as witches and evil spirits and that it is fun to dress up as ghosts or goblins. The modern denial of the existence of Satan and demonic forces is clearly contrary to Scripture. From Genesis to Revelation, the Bible affirms the existence of Satan and demonic spirit beings.  In the education of children, it is important that we do not plant false ideas in their minds. The Bible says, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it”(Proverbs 22:6) To teach them that there is no harm in imitating evil spirits is contrary to God’s will.

The above comment was written from a brother from my church and I couldn't have said it better.  When I was a kid I use to be jealous of the other kids being able to dress up and go out and get candy but now that I'm older I understand the reason for my parents firm stance and have used the same training for my kids.  It's not easy considering the entire US seems to celebrate this day but it's possible.  My plan is to try to give my children a history of what October 31st was originally known for (when Martin Luther nailed the 95 theses to the door of the Wittenberg Castle church).  I believe the devil hated that and has used Halloween to slowly and successfully take everyone's mind off of that event.  Interesting that next Halloween is the 500 year anniversary of that event.  Just my 2 cents.

7 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Christ was not born on Dec 25, it is a day stolen from pagans.  We added Christ birth to it.  So, why can we not add Christ to halloween?  

I understand that Christ was not born in December, some estimates are more like September.  It wasn't okay for the RCC to change the pagan holiday of Saturnalia into Christmas ("Easter" may actually have more roots in the celebration of Passover than pagan gods).  So my answer to your question is two wrongs don't make a right.  Just because something wrong has been done in history, are you saying that it's okay to repeat that wrong with a different pagan holiday and that God isn't going to mind?  Are you seriously condoning the celebration of a man-made holiday and trying to inject CHRIST into it to fit your human reasoning and perspective and justify it as being okay with God?

Are you a Christian?  Seriously?