• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Good Fruit

Hi Kwik, below is what Remnantrob posted in the Controversial subheading under a separate Halloween thread.  Something for you to think about and decide if you want to continue to conform to the ways of this world.  Blessings to you! 

I would certainly appreciate it if you would consider accusing me of "conforming to the world".....I have not ever questioned your heart or judged you in any way,you know very little about what I do or do not do ,I merely shared with you & everyone else my personal reasons for particpating in our church fall celebration party we have for the community each year ,as the REST of the world celebrates "All saints day".......surely,that is not a reason to speak that way to me or anyone else,,,,

You can do as you personally choose to do in your life.  Are you asking yourself if what you are doing is pleasing to God?                            Good Fruit

I do & yes yes yes,,,,,,,with the Heart & Mind Of Christ Jesus my actions are pleasing & acceptable to the ONLY ONE in Whom I seek Approval.....for my deeds? No ,because I Love Him & He First Loved me......Just as He Loves me,I love my son and showed him how NOT to conform to this world but certainly showed him we can live IN it & grab every opportunity to be with THEM to spread the Gospel       Plus,I did share the tragic story of one who believed his actions were pleasing to our Heavenly Father as he forgot how to be a dad & love his own kids(imo)

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, GoodFruit said:

I understand that Christ was not born in December, some estimates are more like September.  It wasn't okay for the RCC to change the pagan holiday of Saturnalia into Christmas ("Easter" may actually have more roots in the celebration of Passover than pagan gods).  So my answer to your question is two wrongs don't make a right.  Just because something wrong has been done in history, are you saying that it's okay to repeat that wrong with a different pagan holiday and that God isn't going to mind?  Are you seriously condoning the celebration of a man-made holiday and trying to inject CHRIST into it to fit your human reasoning and perspective and justify it as being okay with God?

Are you a Christian?  Seriously?   

I am a Christian, and as such I inject CHRIST into all that I do.  I happen to love holidays, always have and always will.  I celebrate them with Christ in mind.  Be it Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween or whatever one you want to choose.   None of these days are holy days, they are fun days to interact with your neighbors and spread the gospel to them.  At Christmas my house is lit up to where I am pretty sure they can see it from the ISS.  Lights and blow up things and decorations inside and out.  I am known for my Christmas house, and people know that I do all of this based upon my Love of Jesus. 

We are tasked with spreading the gospel to the masses. I have found that sitting inside the walls of the church waiting for them to come to us is not very effective.  Thus I go to them, I go to where they are.  Other's choose other methods, and that is up to them.  

If I can steal October 31st back from the world and give it to the Lord, then that is what I am going to do.  

I am a Christian, and as such I inject CHRIST into all that I do.  I happen to love holidays, always have and always will.  I celebrate them with Christ in mind.  Be it Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween or whatever one you want to choose.   None of these days are holy days, they are fun days to interact with your neighbors and spread the gospel to them.  At Christmas my house is lit up to where I am pretty sure they can see it from the ISS.  Lights and blow up things and decorations inside and out.  I am known for my Christmas house, and people know that I do all of this based upon my Love of Jesus. 

We are tasked with spreading the gospel to the masses. I have found that sitting inside the walls of the church waiting for them to come to us is not very effective.  Thus I go to them, I go to where they are.  Other's choose other methods, and that is up to them.  

If I can steal October 31st back from the world and give it to the Lord, then that is what I am going to do.       Out of the Shadows

I could not have said it better......GLORY TO GOD!!!!!!!                                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi Good Fruit

I would certainly appreciate it if you would consider accusing me of "conforming to the world".....I have not ever questioned your heart or judged you in any way,you know very little about what I do or do not do ,I merely shared with you & everyone else my personal reasons for particpating in our church fall celebration party we have for the community each year ,as the REST of the world celebrates "All saints day".......surely,that is not a reason to speak that way to me or anyone else,,,,

I do & yes yes yes,,,,,,,with the Heart & Mind Of Christ Jesus my actions are pleasing & acceptable to the ONLY ONE in Whom I seek Approval.....for my deeds? No ,because I Love Him & He First Loved me......Just as He Loves me,I love my son and showed him how NOT to conform to this world but certainly showed him we can live IN it & grab every opportunity to be with THEM to spread the Gospel       Plus,I did share the tragic story of one who believed his actions were pleasing to our Heavenly Father as he forgot how to be a dad & love his own kids(imo)

My apologies to you Kwik.  I based my response off of your post and that is that is the way you came across as sounding.  Was never my intent to offend you or to come across as though I am judging you.  You made your point.  Sorry again.  I realize I am in the minority here so I'll try to be more careful to keep my opinions to myself.  Blessings.   

Blessings GoodFruit

No offense taken ,apology accepted:emot-hug:and just because your opinion differs from some of us that does not put you in the 'minority',no,not ever....you are our Sister in Christ & WE are ALWAYS the majority because with God For Us.....who,who then can be against us!!!!    Praise the Lord

With love-in Christ,Kwik

5 minutes ago, GoodFruit said:

My apologies to you Kwik.  I based my response off of your post and that is that is the way you came across as sounding.  Was never my intent to offend you or to come across as though I am judging you.  You made your point.  Sorry again.  I realize I am in the minority here so I'll try to be more careful to keep my opinions to myself.  Blessings.   

Through much trial and error I have found that opinions on the issue are greatly appreciated, opinion on the individuals less so.  I can say with great honesty this was a hard less for me to learn, but it has made my time here a bit smoother since I have.

And a lot smoother for the rest of us......:24:just kidding OotS,not really!                    Love ya Brother,Kwik

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

And a lot smoother for the rest of us......:24:just kidding OotS,not really!                    Love ya Brother,Kwik

there is a nugget (or maybe more than a nugget) of truth to this! 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 10/9/2016 at 7:41 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

I think it is a fantastic idea, too many churches hide behind their wall condemning every little thing.  All that does is drive people away.  If Jesus can go to dinner with the worst of the sinners, we can give away free pumpkins.  When my kids were growing up the church we attended had a float in the annual Halloween parade every year that was manned by the kids of the church. Some years we gave away bottles of water with verses on them, just handing them out to anyone watching the parade that wanted them.   We gave away candy and such also.  More times than I can remember in the month or two after the parade was over when I told people where I went to church they would go "oh, you were the ones giving away the water (or what have you), that was such a thoughtful thing to do". 

You will never win anyone to Christ waiting for them to come through your doors as you are hiding from the world.

:thumbsup:

Love The Candy~!
Boo~! Did I Scare You,
Did I Scare You, Huh, Huh

When Jesus saw this, He was indignant and told them, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them! For the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Mark 10:14 (Berean Study Bible)

Ever Wonder Why We Don't Give Out Gefilte Fish
Or Latkes With Apple Sauce And Sour Cream Or Kichel With Dip....

Those Are Some Good Eats
And After All, They're Kosher~!

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/9/2016 at 0:12 AM, missmuffet said:

I would be ok for a family to have a tradition of carving a pumpkin together and putting on their porch. Not an evil face but a happy face. Sometimes people use those pumpkins to make pumpkin pie. I would be ok with a Church giving out pumpkins. I would also be ok with a Church having a Christian oriented activity for the kids on Halloween.

I agree. What is the big deal about the pumpkins?  It's all in how you look at it.