Awakelive

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

For years this question has evaded me. Id like to see it explained sensibly, remembering that a fact is a truth which can be shown to be true, shown to have happened, or shown to exist, so no guessing or opinions or theories please.

Just as in a trial court you must have supporting evidence that would convince a reasonable person.

The bible created the issue, so dont tell me what Luther or Olsteen said about it, show me the biblical line of reasoning confirming the matter.

Make me know it is true by the word. Good luck.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

35 minutes ago, Awakelive said:

For years this question has evaded me. Id like to see it explained sensibly, remembering that a fact is a truth which can be shown to be true, shown to have happened, or shown to exist, so no guessing or opinions or theories please.

Just as in a trial court you must have supporting evidence that would convince a reasonable person.

The bible created the issue, so dont tell me what Luther or Olsteen said about it, show me the biblical line of reasoning confirming the matter.

Hello Awakealive

John 3:5   Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:6   That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:7   Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The first time we are born is out of our mother's womb (born of water)

The second time is at the resurrection (born of the spirit)

The prize is at the end of the race, not before.  Only then can we enter the kingdom of God in our changed bodies, and can truly say we are "born again", ....born the second time.  We will not be flesh anymore, but raised into spirit this time or quickened. "Born again".  I believe this is the true meaning.

Isaiah 66:8   Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Edited by Sister

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Awake

Firstly,I don't believe in luck but thanks for the well wishes:emot-heartbeat:    With that said my friend back to your question,,,,,,,now I'm not sure if you are asking what the Title reads "HOW" are we Born Again or "How do we know one IS Born Again?"   So I will give it a go....

Jesus told us "How" we are Born Again....& also that we must be "Born Again to enter His Kingdom....

1 Peter 1:23

for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.

Acts 2:38
 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
John 3:1-10
Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Romans 8:9
 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

We receive the Holy Spirit(His) by Baptism of the spirit(ours)......this is the Indwelling that takes place when a Believer submits themselves to Christ.......now the evidence for that is seen in the Believers transformation......without any change  taking place their probably is not a re-birth although sometimes the process is a slow transformation yet the individual is truly Born Again,that personw4ill know themselves a change has occured because their hearts are convicted & they no longer are able to live as they once did before Christ,,,,,,,maybe you cannot "see it" but they certainly "know it"     So how can we give you any evidence,well we can't really & that is why God told us .....

King James Bible
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?                               Matthew 7:16

First Thessalonians 5:21-22 teaches that it is the responsibility of every Christian to be discerning: "But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil." The apostle John issues a similar warning when he says, "Do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world" (1 John 4:1).

On the Day of Pentecost the evidence that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit was incredible,overwhelming .....they saw the tongues of fire,they heard them speaking in their own language etc,,,,& this is how we have the eye witness accounts given in the Gospels.....Do we believe every Word written in the Word of God,,,,,of course we do & that is proofe5noughright there ......& each Born Again believer Receives His own evidence by the Renewing of the mInd,Wisdon ,Understanding by Holy Spirit Power & the transformation of their very own lives,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

46 minutes ago, Awakelive said:

A loving relationship with Jesus, being open to what the Spirit shows you in your heart that needs repentance and healing and a deepening trust no matter what one feels.   Salvation is a gift, we each choose to accept it or not. 
Jesus could only work with those who had faith, or through those who had faith for their loved ones. 

Sometimes we can only pray:  Lord I believe, help my unbelief.  Matt 9:24.  That is enough, the Lord will always supply what we need, not what we want. 

Peace
mark

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Can't be done.  The Holy Spirit works on your heart, not in a courtroom.  The "how" you asked in the title is explained in the bible, yet your post is asking for proof, which only God can judge, not men.  

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/9/2016 at 9:30 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Awake

Firstly,I don't believe in luck but thanks for the well wishes:emot-heartbeat:    With that said my friend back to your question,,,,,,,now I'm not sure if you are asking what the Title reads "HOW" are we Born Again or "How do we know one IS Born Again?"   So I will give it a go....

Jesus told us "How" we are Born Again....& also that we must be "Born Again to enter His Kingdom....

We receive the Holy Spirit(His) by Baptism of the spirit(ours)......this is the Indwelling that takes place when a Believer submits themselves to Christ.......now the evidence for that is seen in the Believers transformation......without any change  taking place their probably is not a re-birth although sometimes the process is a slow transformation yet the individual is truly Born Again,that personw4ill know themselves a change has occured because their hearts are convicted & they no longer are able to live as they once did before Christ,,,,,,,maybe you cannot "see it" but they certainly "know it"     So how can we give you any evidence,well we can't really & that is why God told us .....

On the Day of Pentecost the evidence that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit was incredible,overwhelming .....they saw the tongues of fire,they heard them speaking in their own language etc,,,,& this is how we have the eye witness accounts given in the Gospels.....Do we believe every Word written in the Word of God,,,,,of course we do & that is proofe5noughright there ......& each Born Again believer Receives His own evidence by the Renewing of the mInd,Wisdon ,Understanding by Holy Spirit Power & the transformation of their very own lives,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

I couldn't have explained it better.  And in being born again you inherit eternal life with Christ. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, eileenhat said:

A third person's observation?

That isn't possible.

As a person who is reborn can testify (like I can) in a court that an alteration in spiritualness due to being saved by Christ now resides within.

It isn't measurable with scientific methods (what resides in our heart, and the condition of our soul).

Just like I can't ask you to verify that you love someone with any method that now exist that a court could witness.

That does not mean love does not exist (as an example) for you.

Just that we don't have a way to bring it into physical reality in order to measure/verify existence of.

Hello eileenhat

What you said is great, and I believe you are speaking of the renewed spirit, ...the new creature in Christ, that many call "born again", I get that.  It can't be measured scientifically.  But straight away when the words "Born again" are mentioned, that's what you picture.  The "new man" changing/or changed.

We can however prove it in a courtroom what Jesus mean't when he was speaking about "born again", exactly what he was referring to if you concentrate on his words...

John 3:5   Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:6   That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

We came into this world from our mother.  Out of our mother's womb we are born the first time (flesh),....born out of water.  Regardless of having the renewed heart for Christ, we are still flesh, nothing can change that, we still get sick, we make mistakes, we constantly need mercy for we are not perfected yet....and flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God because it's imperfect.

At "the resurrection", we will be made "perfect".  We will be changed to spirit.  Now we can enter the Kingdom of heaven.  This is what "born of spirit" means.  It means Christ has judged us worthy because we walked in his steps and made it to the finish line.

So before one gets to be "born of the spirit", he must first be "born of water", ...born into this world as flesh first,...then the second rebirth comes later when our bodies are changed, only then can we enter heaven because we are officially accepted at the resurrection.

Born again means born twice, not three times. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I happened to be watching a 1984 PTL telecast with Brother Ward as a guesT & the conversation was about Evidence of LIFE.....which was fantastic & I thinkyou might like it

He compared the evidence of physical life to that of spiritual life & said there are 4 Evidences in each......

1-Assimilate......A living being needs to eat,they must eat & drink to sustain life     Dead people are not hungry or thirsty,corpses do not eat!!

And the same goes for the Born Again Believer who is made ALIVE spiritually,they hunger & thirst first for the milk they need & then the meat ....they thirst after Righteousness   It is a mark of LIFE

2- Eliminate.......A living person body must eliminate,their bowels must remain open,bladder etc,,,, & throw off the old,the waste

And the same for the spiritual .....they put off the old,those things of the lifestyle,malice for example uis put off & they put on the new....humbleness

The cussing,swearing ,smoking ,drinking etc,,,, are eliminated

3-Growth..........If you are alive you grow,from a baby you grow up & get taller.....older you may grow wider(he was quite comedic) The physical body does grow...there are outward signs of decadence

And when the Trumphet blows those that are ALIVE & remain ............Yes,if you are ALIVE spiritually there must be growth,you must mature ,gain Wisdom,Understanding

4-Reproduce......There is a physical urge to reproduce to BEGET  

Jesus started with 2 & then 12 & then 500,3000 and the world was turned upside down as they multiplied & multiplied

He said if you put a corpse in an ice chest,or a beautiful coffin  inside of the most beautiful church with beautiful pews & a beautiful organs with chandeliers & flowers it cannot bring anyone in to see it because there is nothing inside,it is a dead corpse                  

Praise Jesus,that is what I heard this morning & I thought I would share it                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Sister said:

Hello eileenhat

What you said is great, and I believe you are speaking of the renewed spirit, ...the new creature in Christ, that many call "born again", I get that.  It can't be measured scientifically.  But straight away when the words "Born again" are mentioned, that's what you picture.  The "new man" changing/or changed.

We can however prove it in a courtroom what Jesus mean't when he was speaking about "born again", exactly what he was referring to if you concentrate on his words...

We came into this world from our mother.  Out of our mother's womb we are born the first time (flesh),....born out of water.  Regardless of having the renewed heart for Christ, we are still flesh, nothing can change that, we still get sick, we make mistakes, we constantly need mercy for we are not perfected yet....and flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God because it's imperfect.

At "the resurrection", we will be made "perfect".  We will be changed to spirit.  Now we can enter the Kingdom of heaven.  This is what "born of spirit" means.  It means Christ has judged us worthy because we walked in his steps and made it to the finish line.

So before one gets to be "born of the spirit", he must first be "born of water", ...born into this world as flesh first,...then the second rebirth comes later when our bodies are changed, only then can we enter heaven because we are officially accepted at the resurrection.

Born again means born twice, not three times. 

Sister, you are confusing the Kingdom of God which is what Nikodemus spoke of, and the Kingdom of Heaven as you spoke of more correctly in this your second post.  Jesus said that the Kingdom of God is within you.  It has to do with surrendering our lives to God and accepting His Lordship over us as King of our lives.  In some places they are spoken of as one, but in this case the Heavenly Kingdom is not being referred to as being born again of the Holy Spirit.

John 3 went on to say

Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Joh 3:7  Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'  Joh 3:8  The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

The Holy Spirit has a mind of His own.  He knows when hearts are sincere and surrendered.   Jesus told His disciples that He would send them another Comforter or Advocate and He couldn't do so until He had returned to the Father.  Joh 16:7  ESV Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.  So, as Kwikfilly has said, it is likely that no-one had received the Holy Spirit or been Born Again until the day of Pentecost when the church was born.  It is true that after His resurrection He had breathed on the disciples and instructed them to receive the Holy Spirit.  But He also instructed them to wait until the Holy Spirit had come upon them and they would receive power to witness about Him.  On Pentecost they were filled with the Holy Spirit, He came upon them, and they were born again so that the Spirit dwelled in them permanently, sealing and adopting them as God's own people. 

The immediate evidence in Peter was that He was changed from a fearful person who denied the Lord 3 times, to an evangelist who spoke unafraid with power, saying that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified both Lord and Messiah (Christ).   That is the boldest of accusations, and by it the Holy Spirit convicted 3000 Jews who repented and were baptized.  This type of power is evidence of the working of the Holy Spirit.  You don't know where He comes from or where He goes but you can hear and see the evidence, just as you see the evidence of the wind damage from Hurricane Matthew.  The impact of the Holy Spirit on a person's life is just as dramatic.  In this case they voluntarily sold all they had which was divided among all who had a need.  It is the product of compassion and the opposite of the selfishness and greed that is characteristic of the natural man.  

Another characteristic of the person who has been transformed by the Holy Spirit is humility.  A surrendered person is humble and does not resist the Holy Spirit.  The pride and  rebellion have been greatly changed if not altogether removed.  For some of us it is a process.  The Holy Spirit also produces love, joy peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness long-suffering and self-control.  And these also grow in us as we are being changed from glory to glory as we are being transformed into the likeness of Christ.  

As Jesus said in John, you can't see the Holy Spirit, but you can see and hear the impact He has had on the people He has transformed.  He has changed our desires and motives, and has moved into our lives to stay.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 10/9/2016 at 8:44 AM, Awakelive said:

you will never know-- sorry-- doesnt not look good for for you in eternity--- Jesus said we are born by the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit like the wind can not be seen and can not be predicted--- so if you want proof you can see taste touch and feel-- no one can give it to you. It is a supernatural event that is initiated by faith--- and thats all there is to it

Edited by woundeddog