warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

I was reading a question posted somewhere on this site about , is it ok for pumkins to be in churches ect.  

My response, since i cannot as yet reply untill i have posted 5 post. The bible says to having nothing to do with the unfruitfull works of darkness.

Ephesians 5:11     "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."    That is clear as mud and nothing means nothing, no affiliations with the works of darkness.   Believers miss nothing when they do not participate as what seems as trivial.  The spiritual world is very real and we are not tot  entertain them but rather expose the deceptions of them.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I have pumpkins in front of my home. I do not have jack o lanterns though. Just plain pumpkins (metal pumpkins). And I keep them out until after thanksgiving. I view plain pumpkins gourds etc as just harvest oriented. Not halloween.

The pumpkins are not exactly like this, but similar. 

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Seasonal/Fall/Pumpkins/Small-Metal-Swirl-Pumpkin/p/80159236

So to answer your question, pumpkins as a harvest type theme geared more for fall and thanksgiving is just fine.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

we usually give candy away, but we are out of town this year...

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

On 10/9/2016 at 9:40 AM, warrior12 said:

I was reading a question posted somewhere on this site about , is it ok for pumkins to be in churches ect.  

My response, since i cannot as yet reply untill i have posted 5 post. The bible says to having nothing to do with the unfruitfull works of darkness.

Ephesians 5:11     "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."    That is clear as mud and nothing means nothing, no affiliations with the works of darkness.   Believers miss nothing when they do not participate as what seems as trivial.  The spiritual world is very real and we are not tot  entertain them but rather expose the deceptions of them.

A pumpkin has nothing to do with darkness

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Oh goody! It is the Halloween debate again! :swordfightsmiles:

I have pumpkins. I dress up sometimes. I take my kid trick or treating. Now go ahead and question my Christianity like you all do. :pumpkin:

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I was just waiting for a post to pop-up about Halloween! :D

I see nothing wrong in keeping pumpkin outside the house. It does not represent halloween by any means. Even if someone looks at it, they are not going to think we are celebrating Halloween. I would avoid those jack-o-lanterns though

We don't give out candies to kids on that day. We politely say this is not something we celebrate or try to stay out of the house! LOL! And we don't have our kids dress up. Those are activities which would make us participate in the event and accept halloween itself.

I was telling my wife why don't we put up manger scene now itself in advance! May be that's a better thing to put in the midst of all the devils in neighboring houses.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

51 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Oh goody! It is the Halloween debate again! :swordfightsmiles:

I have pumpkins. I dress up sometimes. I take my kid trick or treating. Now go ahead and question my Christianity like you all do. :pumpkin:

Where do you get these emoticons.  I remember them from years ago but it looks like they downsized to the very basics on my end.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, Remnantrob said:

Where do you get these emoticons.  I remember them from years ago but it looks like they downsized to the very basics on my end.

select the emote button above the reply box and in that drop down select categories....   you can then select core  emoticons and there is a couple of hundred of them.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

:hurrah: You da man!

Edited by Remnantrob

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Warrior

I'm not sure how pumpkins relate to halloween,I know jack-o-laterns do but I believe "pumpkins" relate to the Day of Thanksgiving.....that is one of my favorite days in America,I see it as a special  Day where even the most unspiritual ,nonChristian people are saying"Thank You God,for this bountiful land you have Provided us with".....no?

With love-in Christ,Kwik