IGNORED

Halloween

warrior12

Guest Teditis
5 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

Have you ever read about Samhain and it's relationship to Halloween?  Here is a quote that I find interesting.

http://inventors.about.com/od/sstartinventions/a/Samhain.htm

Right they honored the (good) dead and fended off evil spirits... The Church enlightened these people

and brought Christianity to the Celtic tribes. They totally refocused the day on trusting in the One, True, God.

Evil vanquished.... it's a day for celebration, not condemnation.

Edited by Teditis

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

4 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Church took a pagan holiday that centered around chasing away evil spirits and

used it as an opportunity to teach the Pagans about Jesus Christ... the ultimate Person that chases

away evil. Then the Church took the next two following days to venerate Saints or people that were

solid Christians throughout history.

Job 14:4

Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.

I hope you don't think that I am attacking you or singling you out.  

Guest Teditis
Just now, Remnantrob said:

Job 14:4

Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.

I hope you don't think that I am attacking you or singling you out.  

Well, God can bring a clean thing out of an unclean thing... He does it every time He saves one of us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Well, God can bring a clean thing out of an unclean thing... He does it every time He saves one of us.

Oh my, true that is....

3 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Touche brother....I can't argue with that point too much, but I see God as an originator not a copycat.  I don't think he would used things the devil used to glorify himself to get the glory he deserves.  Notice how God was upset with the children of Israel for using a custom(worshiping calves) that was in Egypt and trying to "Christianize it in Exodus 32.

And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.

And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the Lord.

And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.

And the Lord said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

And the Lord said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

2 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Ephesians 5:11     "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."   

You cannot dress up a dog or pig to look like a holy saint. It is still a dog or pig.

Galatians 5:16
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

1 thes 5:5 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Saints go out in the day to spread the good news! Did Jesus ever  do ministry at night?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Remnantrob said:

Where do you get these emoticons.  I remember them from years ago but it looks like they downsized to the very basics on my end.

In the little smile face button. There is a search box at the bottom. Most of the stuff I I type in is not there. But if you type in one letter, you get all the emos that start with that letter. In my case I started to type in pumpkin and got as far as the letters p-u-m, and the pumpkin icon pop up. I thought that would do so I used it. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Well for all of you who are calling Halloween a pagan holiday. The same can be said for Christmas and Easter. Both holidays that pagans celebrated then changed into Christian holidays by the Catholic Church because they could not stop people from celebrating them. That's the short version of the story. I watch The History Channel.

I will talk more later on this topic and I hope I do not hurt anyone's feelings.

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well for all of you who are calling Halloween a pagan holiday. The same can be said for Christmas and Easter. Both holidays that pagans celebrated then changed into Christian holidays by the Catholic Church because they could not stop people from celebrating them. That's the short version of the story. I watch The History Channel.

I will talk more later on this topic and I hope I do not hurt anyone's feelings.

Amen and I agree.:emot-handshake:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

I agree... most holidays are rooted in paganism and/or the occult.  I don't celebrate them.   (There is a distinct difference between "easter" and Passover/Resurrection.) 

Were you aware of who owns the media?  Even Time-Warner was formerly owned by NWO globalist Ted Turner.   

and it's about to be part of AT&T