IGNORED

Halloween

warrior12

Guest Teditis
48 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

Touche brother....I can't argue with that point too much, but I see God as an originator not a copycat.  I don't think he would used things the devil used to glorify himself to get the glory he deserves.  Notice how God was upset with the children of Israel for using a custom(worshiping calves) that was in Egypt and trying to "Christianize it in Exodus 32.

I don't really see the parallel that you must see in the Exodus Scriptures... nobody who's going out

Trick-or-Treating is "worshipping" anything. There are no false gods being acknowledged.

When I was a kid, we'd have dinner and pray over that and after dinner we would get made-up

and go door-to-door getting candy. When I got older there was less make-up and it was just another

night of socializing and handing out candies to the kids. Either way there was no celebration of anything

evil going on... but there was the historical data drifting through my head at times that we were all chasing

away evil.

Personally I wish more Christians would pick-up on that issue, that we are to dispel evil forces and perhaps

take Halloween a little more seriously. Teach the young people that it's Jesus Christ who banishes evil and

there's good reason to celebrate that. To remember that the Church did indeed crush-out Celtic Paganism through

rightfully explaining the Gospel and the Majesty of God... and the Druids and like-pagan religions died out. We

can even go so far as to celebrate All-Saints Day and All-Souls Day by venerating (not worshipping) the titans

of Christian history and also all people who have passed on, in Christ. Imagine the Christian history lessons

that could be taught to the youth if we but tried.

The end story with me is that I know of nobody that celebrates evil or worships the Devil on Halloween. While I'm

sure that there are some Wiccans and Satanists that do... they are in the minority. Everyday is a good day to celebrate

God and the work of Jesus Christ... no day should be left abandoned, especially to non-believers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

19 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Either way there was no celebration of anything

evil going on...

Personally I wish more Christians would pick-up on that issue, that we are to dispel evil forces and perhaps. . .

Imagine the Christian history lessons

that could be taught to the youth if we but tried.

. Everyday is a good day to celebrate

God and the work of Jesus Christ... no day should be left abandoned, especially to non-believers.

Love it!  God made each day, and try as they might, I am not afraid of these evil forces that are trying to claim a day here, a day there, one may choose to see a holiday rooted in paganism or the occult, but I will choose to remember that God made each day, and memories of Mom driving us around those lonely country roads to meet the neighbors I seldom would see, just to say a catchy phrase and receive a gift given with warmth and smiles, well I declare those evil forces have failed!  To think, Mom could have taken a stand, saying this celebration of smiles and giving gifts and excited children is evil, but she didn't, so now I have good memories of fun times.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, other one said:

Oh my, true that is....

Yoda?

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well for all of you who are calling Halloween a pagan holiday. The same can be said for Christmas and Easter. Both holidays that pagans celebrated then changed into Christian holidays by the Catholic Church because they could not stop people from celebrating them. That's the short version of the story. I watch The History Channel.

I will talk more later on this topic and I hope I do not hurt anyone's feelings.

The history channel isnt really accurate on history.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Our kids went dressed up, went out and collected candy from houses. They went to houses, trunk or treats at some of the local churches, etc. This year I just made the decision that we are doing anything because quite honestly my kids are now 13 and 11 and I felt that they are just too old to do that type of stuff anymore. 

However back to the original posters question. A pumpkin is a pumpkin. That's it. Put it front of your house, church, etc and it is still a pumpkin. Honestly most people do not look at a pumpkin as a halloween item unless it is carved. Most see it as a pumpkin. 

Everyone has an opinion about halloween and it will continue to be debated for years to come.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

First of all I will never criticize anyone who believes that they think they should not do anything Halloween. I would never tell anyone that their believe is wrong and that they should change them over to what I believe. In other words I respect what you believe in and am glad to see that you follow them.  With that said I hope that nothing I say here is taken to mean anything hurtful or cause anyone to think that I am making fun of them. But know that I will most likely disagree with the ones here who make trick or treating out to be the same thing as worshiping the devil or pumpkin carving being evil. I think all Christians need to decide for themselves if Halloween is for them or not. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

The history channel isnt really accurate on history.

Oh goodness I do watch other stuff as well and read things and following my own heart on many matters.   I just happen to watch The History Channel because I am a nerd.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

A pumpkin has nothing to do with darkness

True a pumpkin is a pumpkin.  But you are all grown ups i suppose and are reading the bible. You are aware that the pumpkin is used at that time to symbolize the ceremonial aspect of the event. In other words it is a object used in the ritual.  Those whom the lord has allowed to engage in spiritual warfare knows fully well how satan  disguises and plots his tactics.  It seems harmless enough, but Mr. Brooks so rightly puts it  " satan shows you the bait but hides the hook ".   We should not give room for the unclean spirits to occupy . The verses below, outline some characteristics of  Gods chosen people .

1 peter 2

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

2 Corinthians 6:14King James Version (KJV)

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

The major part of the event is paraded in the dark and really spiritual darkness.   We should not be drawn to darkness but away from it totally.

Ephesians 4:27Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

27 Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him].

Edited by warrior12

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Oh goodness I do watch other stuff as well and read things and following my own heart on many matters.   I just happen to watch The History Channel because I am a nerd.

I read science news and articles because I am a nerd lol. 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Maybe for those who are concerned about kids "missing out" and want to do movie night... have you ever watched the movie called "Watchers:Revelation"?  

It can be watched from a site called PureFlix.  It's pretty intense, but it is a Christian movie. 

Along the lines of missing out.... I raised 5 kids .... and they never once asked me if they could participate in halloween.  They knew we didn't, and they knew why.  They can choose otherwise when they grow up and leave the home.... but it's my responsibility to train them up in the way they should go. 

My reasons for not wanting anything to do with (or that even resembles) halloween are maybe different than most here.  I was born into circumstances that exposed me to SRA, or satanic ritual abuse.  I know full well what really happens during these "holidays" ... and at other times throughout the year. 

Hi Abby,

Can you pls remove these video's and post them in the video section?

Thanks you