AndyMan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The sabbath is and has always been friday sunset to saturday sunset. But in the book of acts, the early apostles and Christians met on the first day of the week. Nowhere was this condemned. So worship on saturday. Or worship on sunday. The important point is to worship our Lord, not which day you worship Him. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

6 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The sabbath is and has always been friday sunset to saturday sunset. But in the book of acts, the early apostles and Christians met on the first day of the week. Nowhere was this condemned. So worship on saturday. Or worship on sunday. The important point is to worship our Lord, not which day you worship Him. 

excellent answer ayin jade

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Is it not that the Sabbath is reliated with the Juive Law?....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

13 hours ago, ayin jade said:

11 hours ago, Yowm said:

I think the Sabbath was a day of rest not a day of worship. At least I never seen where they were commanded to worship on the Sabbath.

Here are a couple passages in the Bible that mention the Sabbath. It does seem like it was a day of rest.

Exodus 20:8-11
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Deuteronomy 5:12-15     
Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant, or your ox or your donkey or any of your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.

Weren't Israelites or Jews worshiping on the Sabbath though too? Perhaps even Gentiles?

Luke 4:16     
And he {Jesus} came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read.

Acts 18:4
And he {Paul} reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and tried to persuade Jews and Greeks.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

On 10/9/2016 at 11:58 AM, AndyMan said:

Ok but the 4th commandment says remember the sabbath day and keep it holy ?

How about Romans 14:5 ?  Is the fourth commandment in the New Testament ? Are we under the law or under Grace? Good topic to say the least. Have a good one.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Firstly I wanted to thank everyone who shared there thoughts on my question all of which very interesting. 

I have to say from whats been pointed out it looks as if from sundown friday until the same saturday is the sabbath day and God has asked us to rest on this day. I have to say I'm guilty of working on saturdays and since I've learnt about the sabbath ( couple of months now ) it does play on my mind and im slightly conflicted. I want to be a good christian and I will try to be but I still have to work over the sabbath on some weeks. In this day and age the working rota is a 24/7/365 situation for many. I think God does understand. As for bible teaching and thinking of our Lord well for me that is an everyday thing. I dont go to church as such (I've not found one suited to me)but I use the internet to learn about the bible (Amazing Facts).  This is where I learnt about the sabbath. 

Take care and god bless.

AndyMan

Acts 15 : 19-20-21-24-28-29 says nothing about Christians keeping the Sabbath

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Giller said:

But that does not mean that we should not have a day of rest under the new covenant.

That is correct. But the Christian sabbath is on the eighth day (the morrow after the sabbath as related to the Feast of First Fruits) because the number eight has the significance of a new creation, being the first day of the week.

Christ rose on the first day of the week, and the Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost on the first day of the week (the morrow after the sabbath) also.  It is called "the Lord's day" and Christians met to worship on the first day of the week.  So it is a day of both worship and rest.

1 hour ago, Giller said:

Now we know by the word of God that the old testament feast days , were done away with under the new covenant.

But nevertheless , there is evidence in the bible that , the 7th day sabbath , was not just a day of physical rest , but also a day of having holy convocations.

Leviticus 23:2-3

(2  Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

3  Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.)

In their holy convocations ,which were gatherings , and holy meetings, prayer was involved, but so was worship and the reading of the bible.

And here is a scripture of when people of the time of the millenial reign , will be worshiping God on the sabbath.

Isa 66:23
(23)  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

The 7th day sabbath will be re instituted during the millenial reign.

But that does not mean that we should not have a day of rest under the new covenant.

Can you show some scripture for this new covenant idea. anyone still under the old covenant should keep the seventh day;

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I kinda like to look at the sabbath from the scripture below.  A day of rest .  In this modern world, applying the specific day has caused many of the faithful to have conflicts in many situations.    I personally say, choose one day and rest as the lord worked and then rested, though i must confess i don't practice it myself.

Genesis 2:2King James Version (KJV)

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.