AndyMan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,070
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

and we do that every day of the week for we have the spirit of God within us all the time.

and if Jesus did work on the sabbath, then why should we be concerned about it....    it's beyond me how these kinds of threads can run so long.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy....it is still part of the ten commandments and always will be, whether the world likes it or not...God created the seventh day as a Holy day, He rested, blessed it and sanctified it at Creation, so it is as much a part of Creation as we are.   Genesis 2.   He codified it in Exodus 20 when He personally wrote it on the stone tablets...What more do "believers" need to convince them?  Even satan and his demons are "believers" and they tremble, and they do not keep God's laws. James 2. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 25/01/2017 at 5:58 AM, other one said:

and we do that every day of the week for we have the spirit of God within us all the time.

and if Jesus did work on the sabbath, then why should we be concerned about it....    it's beyond me how these kinds of threads can run so long.

Yes, we do the works of God (if we indeed have the Spirit of Christ in us) every day of the week. Does that however cancel the sanctity and holiness of the Sabbath? Does it negate our obligation as required in the commandment to cease from our own works, as Jesus did from His? As Paul would have done? Can you really imagine Paul continuing with his tent making on Sabbath? Or Peter, James, or John going out on their trawler on Sabbath?

You asked why would we be concerned if Jesus worked on Sabbath...it was you who brought it up as a reason for you not to stop work on Sabbath. Jesus's doing the works of His Father became an excuse for you to render the entire observance of the day obsolete. Just as other ones (excuse the pun) use the "rest" we find in Christ an excuse for rendering the entire day obsolete.

And these threads are so protracted because it is an important topic. That whether we are or not to render obedience to God's commandments is vital to our salvation. Though our obedience doesn't provide for our salvation, our disobedience certainly affects our relationship with God, just as Adam's disobedience affected his. The thread continues because people are passionate about it. Those who keep Sabbath have very valid reasons for doing so, so also it is believed by those who don't. It does matter. One cannot sit on the fence, thinking it isn't important. Many of course who are of the OSAS camp would claim it makes no difference. But Truth matters. Doctrine matters. Obedience matters. God's commandments matter. The Sabbath matters. And our attitude to the Sabbath matters, even here in NT times, our attitude to the Sabbath matters, because it s a direct reflection of our attitude to God's authority. If God hasn't changed the Sabbath to Sunday...if the church has no real authority to do so...then what is man that he thinks he can make up his own mind on whether he observes the Sabbath or not? Who are we that we should think that our opinions are more authoritative than God's word?

There is no real genuine Biblical support for the concept of either Sunday sacredness...new covenant rest in Christ...or for any other replacement/cancellation/annulment/or metamorphism that renders the Sabbath observance obsolete. The many vain attempts to do so by man is the main reason these threads are so long....mans' defensive obstinacy in rebellion against God is and always has been legend.

I would just say that we disagree...   but Paul says it is ok for you to observe it, but not to force your choice on others...  you may disagree, but I say that I will follow the two new commands and you can follow whatever you wish....  

1 hour ago, other one said:

I would just say that we disagree...   but Paul says it is ok for you to observe it, but not to force your choice on others...  you may disagree, but I say that I will follow the two new commands and you can follow whatever you wish....  

Do you have any Biblical quotes to support your statements?

Yes and i have posted them three or four times a year for the past 14 years.....

Can you post them again?

I'm not going to spend the time to look it all up.   you should search Sabbath threads and read through them.....   some are 4 to 5 hundred pages long.

What do you mean? You cannot remember them? I ask this because reading the Bible on the subject,  it shows nothing in Paul, Peter, James, John etc or any of the Gospels of Jesus teachings which negates the Holy 7th day Sabbath and substitutes another day.

Edited by heretoeternity

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/29/2017 at 10:04 PM, other one said:

OtherOne,you seem to believe that the keeping of the 2 great commandments negates the keeping of the 10. Why?

MATT.22 [35] Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, [36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?[37] Jesus said unto him, THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THY HEART, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.[38] This is the first and great commandment.[39] And the second is like unto it, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF.[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Why do you believe that we no longer need keep Gods 10 commandments because of what Jesus said in Matthew?

DEUT.6  [5] And THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL THINE HEART, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.[6] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart [17] Ye shall diligently KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

Jesus was only quoting scriptures from the old testament. And as you can see in above scripture the way to love GOD is to keep diligently the commandments.

1JOHN 5 [2] By this we know that we love the children of God, WHEN WE LOVE GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

And the new testament verifies the old testament as to how we are to show our love for God? In the new testament book of John. When we love God, we keep His commandments.

LEV.19 [17] Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.[18] Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF: I am the LORD.

Again (thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself) Jesus is quoting scripture from the old testament. Do you agree that the people who lived in old testament times were under the 10 commandments. Of course they were. So why when Jesus quotes old testament scripture do you think the 10 commandments are now done away with?

2JOHN1  [5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that WE LOVE ONE ANOTHER.[6] AND THIS IS LOVE, THAT WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

In John, you can read how we are to love our neighbour according to the NEW TESTAMENT. It’s the same way that it says in the old testament. KEEP GODS 10 COMMANDMENTS. Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever.