• Birthday:  02/23/1982

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The world may want to claim their hero as Superman. My only hero is Jesus Christ. I do not have a hero here on earth. Those who do not believe have to have something or someone to look up to.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Heya Brother

Honestly,I never knew anyone compared Superman to Jesus or that they marketed the superhero in such a way,,,,,,learn something new everyday,huh?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Heya Brother

Honestly,I never knew anyone compared Superman to Jesus or that they marketed the superhero in such a way,,,,,,learn something new everyday,huh?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Yes, I have heard this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

I'm sure many did .....I rarely pay attention to news,media,internet talk.......not so good but if it's real important there will be special reports at the bottom of my screens or my phone"alerts".......bad huh?  I am just not interested in a lot of worldly stuff

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

At 5:00 the video quotes the director, "If superman were real he'd gather all the world leaders in a room and say, 'Behave, or I'll kill you'".  The video makes a good point about how people have come to view God's authority and discipline as bad or unloving, but the ironic thing is that God will eventually say this kind of thing to the world.  The Revelation talks about Jesus coming to rule with a rod of iron.   While it's true that God does not want to see anyone lost and does not want to destroy anyone (in the sense that he feels joy or satisfaction from meting out destruction), destruction will happen.

In Revelation 16 the angels are pouring out the wrath of God on a spiritually desolate world.  These are some pretty serious consequences and a lot of people die suffering horribly.   Yet, one of the angels says, "Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus".  Despite all the suffering of the people, the angel is praising God, not for the suffering, but for the justice.  Accepting God's love also means accepting his right to put all the leaders of the world (actually, every human in the world) in a room and say, "Behave or I'll kill you".