• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hi OotS

I certainly do not TRUST my "feelings" independent of prayer & seeking Gods Word in what I do know to be Gods Truth     But I do agree with you whole heartedly that our "feelings" are not to be ignored,,,,,,The "feeling" that something is dead wrong or wicked etc,,,is very often how Holy Spirit gets my attention to His Promptings!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

First I would say DO NOT make life decisions based on what anonymous people in a chat room say...that said maybe you could attend one church Sunday and the other Wednesday? Maybe get together and start a teen outreach or a young adult prayer meeting or something that includes members of both churches. I believe Jesus said "those who are not against us are for us" why choose? Maybe two churches are better than one in your case. Just a thought.

Mark 9:39-41  39But Jesus replied, “Do not stop him. No one who performs a miracle in My name can turn around and speak evil of Me. 40For whoever is not against us is forus. 41Indeed, if anyone gives you even a cup of water because you bear the name of Christ, truly I tell you, he will never lose his reward.…

Edited by Flsnookman

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It is not wrong, it just seems to be your modus operandi with everyone. As I said different strokes.

Yes, today we are faced with a plethora of Churches to choose from. What do you do, walk into the nearest church even if it is a Kingdom Hall?

I tend to view things differently than a lot of people on here, that is for sure.  I am not trying to start controversy, just trying to express my opinion just like everyone else.

I do think that it is vital to choose a church that teaches the true word of God.  But there is nothing in the Bible to prevent someone from going from one such church to another such church and then even to a third such church.  

Blessings Yown,,,,,

Now that wouldn't be our feelings would it? That would be the Holy Spirit leading us according to His Word n'est pas?

I'm not sure it is as simple as a yes or no answer could suffice(& I don't speak Friench-lol)      But truly,I think that would be a great Topic for another Thread!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Now that wouldn't be our feelings would it? That would be the Holy Spirit leading us according to His Word n'est pas?

Your feelings are a part of everything you do.  You cannot separate them from your decisions anymore than you can separate breathing from being alive.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'd just like to remind everyone to debate the subject and not the person, as is stated in the Terms of Service. Topics like this can get contentious and when there is a contentious topic it's always important to remember that the topic is itself should be the focus of the debate, not each other.

God bless,

Steve

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

They don't determine my decision making. If and when they do, I get into a mess.

I do not want to argue, but of course they do.  You cannot remove them from the equation, it is just not possible.

Look at it this way, if you make a list of 10 pros and 10 cons of doing a certain thing, the pros and cons are based upon what you feel is important. 

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

See Steve's post. No debating the person.

I am not debating the person, I am debating the idea we can make decisions divorced from our feelings.  

Let me try this again.  Let's say that two people make a list of pros and cons about buying the same house.

These two people could have the same item on their list but it could be pro for one and a con for the other, based upon what they FEEl is important.  

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi OotS

I certainly do not TRUST my "feelings" independent of prayer & seeking Gods Word in what I do know to be Gods Truth     But I do agree with you whole heartedly that our "feelings" are not to be ignored,,,,,,The "feeling" that something is dead wrong or wicked etc,,,is very often how Holy Spirit gets my attention to His Promptings!

But you should trust your feelings, feelings are what keep us alive, and also what let's us know we are alive.   I met my wife at a party in a city neither of us lived in and less than 1 year later we were married after only spending time together part time as we lived 500 miles apart.   Logic would dictate that it was a mistake and we would never last, that was going on 3 decades ago.  Had I not trusted my feelings I would have missed out on the best thing in my life outside of Jesus. 

i've got a great idea....how about the subject of "feelings ' gets DROPPED & this Thread gets back to the Topic????It is quiet tonight but there are other Topics that are moving along quite nicely